Everything posted by vballdad
-
Bishop Brossart 3 Highlands 2
I agree completely. That is what makes sports fun. Having the crowd into the game. Cheering for their team even getting on the opposing team. Just keep it in the stands.
-
Bishop Brossart 3 Highlands 2
If they were in the student section yelling screaming and making noise there would be no problem. But they were not in the student section they were running back and forth on the baseline of the court and standing directly behind the bench. Have you ever seen any one standing on the court at a basketball game yelling during a foul shot or on the field during that forth and 1 play. I never have.
-
Bishop Brossart 3 Highlands 2
If The principal was at the game as stated early then he must have seen something that required him to write these rules. I'm not sure who everyone in this thread has talked to but I ask a few people who were at this game just for my own knowledge. I heard comments like "the most ridiculous thing I've every seen in my life." "Bishop Brossart should be ashamed that they allow their students to act like that". As for making noise when you are serving, there is no rule that you have to be quiet. However to use your basketball and football analogy from what I heard it would be comparable to someone running across the court behind the shooter and yelling as he went by, someone flopping around like a fish next to the holder while the kicker was trying to kick a field goal, or group of student going to stand on the sidelines with the opposing team while the game was going on. To the best of my knowledge I have never seen any of those thing happen.
-
Highlands CupCake Classic
Highlands beat Tates Creek in the final to win the Cupcake.
-
Highlands CupCake Classic
CAMPBELL COUNTY CONNER BEECHWOOD DAYTON BOONE COUNTY TATES CREEK BISHOP BROSSART SCOTT SIMON KENTON WALTON VERONA HOLY CROSS HIGHLANDS I don't know enough about JV volleyball to predict a favorite.
-
Highlands volleyball
Does anyone know who is going to be the volleyball coach at Highlands next year?
-
Has a player from a class A school ever won Mr. Football in Ky?
Jon or Mike both had great career numbers at Bellevue.
-
Final Volleyball Top Ten
That's a little harsh. Assumption had a great year. You can't win a state title every year. With the schedule they played and the games they won I would but them at third also. There are alot of teams that wouldn not have made the tournament if they had to play Sacred Heart in the regionals. As far as ND - NCC it a close call but I would give the edge to ND. You can't judge a team on how they played against one common opponent on one particular day. If they played 10 time I think ND would win the majority of the time.
-
10th Region Volleyball Tournament
You can go to the link below and see the bracket for the 10 region. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyvb08/tournament_83110
-
Where are the rest of the fans?
The results are listed on the KHSAA scoreboard. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyvb08 It appears that RockCastle County won.
-
NCC/Highlands Districts
oh. I guess we all have different defintions of memorable.
-
NCC/Highlands Districts
Well share it with the rest of the people that were there. I didn't see anthing that was memorable for NCC or lasting for Highlands.
-
Volley For The Cure at Boone Cty Saturday
Do they actually have boys volleyball teams at these schools or is this just more of a pick -up type game. I know that a few schools were trying to start boys volleyball but I haven't heard anything since. It would be fun to watch the boys play and "Simon Kenton/Boone County should be a good match. Plus a good cause to go and support.
-
Rankings for week 5 Volleyball
By looking at the numbers it appears that only 5 coaches voted. Why wouldn't all the coaches participate?
-
NDA vs SHDHS V-Ball
ND should win this. Reasonably close games but ND the much better team.
-
Cake Classic
Gold Bracket 1st Highlands 2nd Dunbar (t) 3rd Campbell County (t) 3rd Holy Cross (t) 5th Scott (t) 5th Ludlow I know Tates Creek won the silver bracket but can't remember the order of finish for the rest of the team.
-
Scott Sept. Slam Predictions - Vball
Highlands beat Campbell County in the finals 2-0. Both teams played well and it was a very close match. Congratulations Bluebirds.:dancingpa
-
Vball matchups tonight 9/4
I really thought CC would give NCC a little better macth than they did. Haven't seen Boone County play yet but think they will win in three. St. Henry over Ryle but should be a close match. Holly Cross and Highlands win in two.
-
Vball: Highlands vs. Simon Kenton
I READ LAST WEEK THAT THEY CARRIED SIMON KENTON'S MIDDLE HITTER OFF THE FLOOR WITH A ANKLE INJURY. ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS ON HER. I SAY THIS ONE COULD GO EITHER WAY.
-
Volleyball Preview
I'm not positive but I think it is the responsibility of the home team coach to call the results and stats in to the paper. This was true even when the post was doing NKY sports. However I do agree that Enquirer does not do a good job covering NKY.