Volley For The Cure at Boone Cty Saturday

carguy

Saturday will feature Simon Kenton at Boone County for a tri-match benefiting the Volley For The Cure. The freshman begin at 5pm followed by the JV and Varsity. Plans are for a boys game to be played by both schools between the JV and Varsity match. That should be interesting. Everyone is asked to wear pink. The two Vball teams will be selling tshirts and having raffles at the Boone/SK football game in Independence tonight.

Simon Kenton defeated Boone earlier in the season druing a tournament. Surely, Boone will be out for revenge. It will be a best 3 of 5 match.

Do they actually have boys volleyball teams

at these schools or is this just more of a pick -up type game.

I know that a few schools were trying to start boys volleyball

but I haven't heard anything since.

It would be fun to watch the boys play and "Simon Kenton/Boone County

should be a good match. Plus a good cause to go and support.

SK is going to begin a boys school "club" level team that will compete against other schools in the spring. However, it will not be sanctioned by the khsaa. Hoepfully, this will build interest and more will want to see it played competitively throughout KY.

This will be just a pick up game. The players have to buy a pick tshirt in order to be able to participate in the game. I know that it has been talked up pretty much and there will be some interested eyes watching.