Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Final Volleyball Top Ten

Featured Replies

Here is my final volleyball top ten . What is yours ?

 

1) MERCY

 

2) SACRED HEART

 

3) ASSUMPTION

 

4) NEWPORT CENTRAL CATHOLIC

 

5) NOTRE DAME

 

6) DUPONT MANUAL

 

7) PAUL LAWERENCE DUNBAR

 

8) ST. HENRY

 

9) OWENSBORO CATHOLIC

 

10) HIGHLANDS

  • Author
I think I would put NDA above NCC.

No Way not after watching both play yesterday against Mercy .

Agree, NCC played better Volleyball against Mercy....definitely ended the season being #1 in Northern Kentucky....and according to the State Tournament results....3 in the state.

Assumption didn't make the tourney, and you have them that high?

  • Author
Assumption didn't make the tourney, and you have them that high?
Gotta give them their props and I think that Assumption would have beaten any team that I have listed below them .

NCC would have given them a tough match if they played the way they played Mercy. I'd swap those two.

No Way not after watching both play yesterday against Mercy .

 

I agree. After watching both teams play in the state tournament, NCC was certainly the better of the two.

With NDA missing one of their senior leaders, NCC would have had the edge.

Assumption didn't make the tourney, and you have them that high?

 

The way Assumption played and were coached this year, they do not belong in any top ten poll. This was a disappointing season and performance for both Players and Coaches.

The way Assumption played and were coached this year, they do not belong in any top ten poll. This was a disappointing season and performance for both Players and Coaches.

 

Wow! They may not have been the powerhouse of previous years, but they still had a very impressive season. They certainly deserve a spot in the top ten IMO.

The way Assumption played and were coached this year, they do not belong in any top ten poll. This was a disappointing season and performance for both Players and Coaches.

 

That's a little harsh. Assumption had a great year. You can't win a state

title every year. With the schedule they played and the games they won

I would but them at third also. There are alot of teams that wouldn not have made the tournament if they had to play Sacred Heart in the regionals.

 

As far as ND - NCC it a close call but I would give the edge to ND. You can't judge a team on how they played against one common opponent on one

particular day. If they played 10 time I think ND would win the majority of the time.

Here is my final volleyball top ten . What is yours ?

 

1) MERCY

 

2) SACRED HEART

 

3) ASSUMPTION

 

4) NEWPORT CENTRAL CATHOLIC

 

5) NOTRE DAME

 

6) DUPONT MANUAL

 

7) PAUL LAWERENCE DUNBAR

 

8) ST. HENRY

 

9) OWENSBORO CATHOLIC

 

10) HIGHLANDS

 

I'll go top 6 or so after that it gets really tough to call that many teams could make a good case for. Highlands, Manual, Dunbar etc

 

 

1) Mercy

2) Sacred Heart

3) Assumption

4) Notre Dame

5) NCC

6) St Henry

 

And yes I believe Assumption is a solid # 3 in the State based on overall season performance and I believe they lost a player to injury too. (they beat Mercy once also)

 

Speaking of over all season performance I'd have to give ND the 4 spot over NCC. ND beat Sacred Heart and St Henry 3 times. ND also took a game off of Mercy at LIVT too. Can't go just off of getting to final 4. Switch 9th & 10th Region draws and ND goes to final 4.

 

I am taking nothing away from NCC they had a great, great season and I want to congratulate them on their run. Just IMO ND would be 4th based on overall season and not just from not playing very well in one match.

Assumption did lose a very vital player this season, during the 1st Mercy game. Sarah Rogers, DS tore her ACL in the game, and she was a very strong leader with this team. They really weren't the same after that, IMO.

Assumption did lose a very vital player this season, during the 1st Mercy game. Sarah Rogers, DS tore her ACL in the game, and she was a very strong leader with this team. They really weren't the same after that, IMO.

 

I agree (that Sarah was vital) but all teams lose players. However, this team and coaching staff never realized it's potential and never played with the determination that was so important to the success of past Assumption teams.

 

I think rankings are meaningless and winning is what counts so congratulation to Mercy on a great season!:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.