Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CincySportsFan

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CincySportsFan

  1. That'll be interesting on many parts. After reading the article, I'm curious about one thing...they say they want to go to digital tickets (so they can't be transferred or sold), but may make you take a test 24 hours before the event. So, is Ticketmaster going to refund your money if you fail that test and can't go? Nevermind, that's a silly question.
  2. Just thinking about it, I'd love to see a NT blow a center up so bad that he gets pushed back into the QB's spike trajectory, and then have a penalty thrown against the offense for an ineligible player being the first to touch the pass. But, it'll never happen, as there seems to be some sort of unwritten rule or a gentleman's agreement on what's allowed at that time.
  3. I don't have a single problem with it, but...that means the offensive line and the qb can't get all huffy about a d-lineman blowing them up when they actually DO spike it. And there absolutely can't be any penalties because of that, then. If you (as the rules committee) are telling the defense that they shouldn't take any plays off, then you can't "protect" the offensive players when they're the ones taking a play off (by spiking it).
  4. Goldie has retired from BGP. Made an announcement about it awhile back, due to her ALS diagnosis.
  5. While I agree, it also seems dumb to me to build a $150 million facility just to basically use it for one weekend a year.
  6. I'd really love to hear the KDE's reasoning behind this guideline. It makes absolutely no sense.
  7. Yeah, that sucks. We had the same thing. I think, however, that insurance still will cover it...but you just have to go in to the doctor's office to get it all done. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
  8. Had to do a tele-visit with my doctor last week, in order to get a refill on my bp medicine. While we were talking, I asked her when she thought we might be back to some sort of "normalcy". She said most likely April or May. She said this flu season is going to be crazy. I asked her why. Because I thought if we're doing all these safety precautions for Covid, then the flu numbers this season ought to drop through the floor. And she said, they very well may. However, the diagnosing is going to be more difficult, as symptoms will often be similar. She said they're supposed to be coming out with a test that will look for one or two different strains of the flu, plus Covid, and something else that I didn't recognize...and is supposed to be fast. But, she said they're not here yet, and who knows when they'll get here.
  9. I love my spinning reels. And every one I've ever had, has been set up as a left-hand retrieve, even though I'm right-handed. Cranking the reel requires no special skill, in my opinion, so it could be done with either hand. But tossing the bait accurately, or having the hand-strength for landing the "big one"...I definitely want my dominant hand in play. I have never even thought about switching back and forth after each cast/retrieve.
  10. I wonder if there could still be a possibility that she started having the cough in the first place due to the Lisinopril. I know you said the doctor cut the dosage in half, but I'd see about changing it altogether. I say that, because that's what I took, and had the same dang cough. It wasn't productive, just an annoyance. Doctor went ahead and switched me to Losartin and I've been fine (cough-wise) ever since. As to the pneumonia, I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one. But, I wonder about the fact that so many people have just been lying around for the past 4 months or so, that we're doing much more shallow breathing and not fully evacuating our lungs the way we might normally do. So, maybe some things (bacteria, fungi, etc.) that might normally get expelled, are now able to settle in easier? Either way, hope she recovers quickly.
  11. Which is what has teachers scared the most about the upcoming year. Especially those who are "older" themselves, or care for an at-risk relative.
  12. In an idyllic world, people would stay home. But they won't. They'll blow it off to being allergies, or hay fever, or just a simple cold. And if they were always able to pull their shirt over their nose, that'd be fine too. But often, they can't. Either their hands are full, or the outfit they're wearing doesn't allow for it to come up that high (especially during these hot summer months).
  13. Forget about the coronavirus for a second, and let's look at it this way. If you were standing 2-3 feet from someone and they sneezed, which do you think is going to keep more of their "spray" off you? A. A mask on them? B. A mask on you? I can't believe we're still debating this.
  14. Too many people are looking at masks similar to a seat belt law. "If I want to drive without a seat belt, I should be allowed to. After all, it's my life I'm risking if I'm in an accident." And they'll quote one of these two types of stories..."I know of a guy who suffered severe internal injuries by his seat belt when he was in an accident. They said he would've been alright, if it hadn't been for that."...or..."I know a guy who was trapped in his vehicle by his seat belt and couldn't get out before it exploded." I'm not going to debate whether or not either type of story is actually possible. But, possibility does not equal probability. In the end, you're probably better off by wearing a seat belt, rather than not. But, this isn't just about you. It's about everybody else you come in contact with on a daily basis. We need to look at this more like the drunk driving law. Because when you drive drunk (ie: don't wear a mask), it is not just you that could be injured/die as a consequence.
  15. Team game. Would've taken much longer finding it without the Ru pointing the way.
  16. Once the little submenu drops down, you need to unclick the current option that says to take you to the top of page and select the option that says to take you to the first unread post. Once I did that, it worked like a charm. You don't even have to do the extra step like you did in the "old" format, where you had to open the thread and then select that option. Now, just click on the thread title, and you're automatically taken to the first unread post. Pretty sweet.
  17. Once you are actually in a thread, is there still a way to jump to the first unread post? The new threads usually aren't that bad and I can just scroll down, but the Coronavirus one has 137 pages.
  18. Considering that I'm 4-5 hours away from all of my family...yes, I do enjoy our reunions. (My wife, on the other hand, not so much. But, that's another story. :lol2: ). While I'm able to see my parents 3 or 4 times during the year, I'm usually only able to see my aunts/uncles/cousins pretty much just this one time a year.
  19. I have a family member (through marriage, thank goodness) who belongs in this group. When the CDC came out and said that we probably didn't need to wipe down every package that we ever touched (because the virus probably couldn't survive there that long)...he said "See, look what the CDC is saying about this! Trust them!" And yet, he refuses to wear a mask, even though the same CDC advocates for it. He'd rather quote a couple of YouTube doctors, or some other non-reliable sources. I am soooooooooooo glad our family reunion has been cancelled for this summer.
  20. 2020 is a unique Leap Year. It has 29 days in February, 180 days in March, 9 months in April, and so far, we're 6 years into May.
  21. Wife: Did I get fat during this quarantine? Husband: You weren't really skinny to begin with. Time of death: 11:00pm Cause: Covid
  22. Not sure where you are getting some of your numbers there, but there is also some faulty logic. Using the state's total population is useless (for how many people have it), unless every single one of them has been tested. Here are the numbers you should be using: 158,672 total tests performed 8,167 positive test results So even using your faulty logic that the 8,167 people who've tested positive are the ONLY ones who are infected...you get 1 out of 547 (not 823). But any statistician would say the 8,167 would not represent the entire state, since only 3.55% of the population has actually been tested...that it's highly improbable that every single one of the remaining 96.45% would test negative. The actual number you need to be looking at is positive test results vs. total tests given. That comes out to around 1 out of 19. Which, I think we would both agree is a far cry from even 547. IF you wanted to extrapolate that out to the entire state population, that projects to a total of 229,972 Kentuckians. Now, if we want to play the guessing game...would we continue to see the infection rate of 5% continue if we tested the entire state? Nobody can say for sure. My guess, is that it would come down. But, to how much? Even if we cut it completely in half...that's still 114,986 people, of which we only know about the 8,167 who've actually got a positive test back. Which leaves over 100,000 people that we don't know about. And for argument's sake, let's say half of those have already had the virus and recovered from it. That means there's still over 50,000 people walking around with this thing, and if they're asymptomatic (and not staying at home)...possibly spreading it. That's still a huge number in my book. And as for the death rate...what we have right now is because of the shutdown/social distancing/etc. that's been put into effect for the past couple of months. And your numbers may be exactly right, given that fact. But do you honestly expect it (the death rate) to stay the same as we relax those rules? Come on man.
  23. Five sailors from the USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive for the coronavirus...twice. That's right, they had it, recovered from it, and now have caught it again. So much for developing an immunity to it. Granted it's just 5 cases...but still.
  24. I felt dirty even coming up with it hypothetically. Absolutely zero chance I could ever be a defense attorney.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.