Oldham County at George Rogers Clark Predictions/Updates

ColonelMike

Who wins?  

1. 1. Who wins?

• George Rogers Clark
    • Oldham County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2020 at 11:00 PM

There will be big playoff implications for Oldham County and GRC when the two meet this coming Friday in Winchester.

Oldham County (3-2, 1-1) is coming off a disappointing 25-20 loss to Bryan Station.   The Colonels'  5 games this year have been decided by 7 points or less four times; only Oldham's 13 point win over Madison Central two weeks ago had a multi-score margin one way or the other.

George Rogers Clark (1-4, 1-1) got their first win of the season Friday with a resounding 48-15 pounding of Madison Central; the Cardinals gained over 500 yards of offense in the win, one week after gaining over 400 yards in a loss to Bryan Station.

With both teams sitting at 1-1, the winner will get at least one home game to start the playoffs, a major advantage in this district, where Oldham County is separated from the other three Lexington-area teams by 1 1/2 - 2 hour bus ride.   

In a district full of top-tier quarterbacks, GRC and Oldham feature two of the best, and their stats are remarkably similar.

Oldham's Sam Young, a junior, has been very hot of late, completing 62% of his passes in the last 3 games, for 571 yards and 7 TDs with 0 picks.   He's thrown for 889 yards on the season, with 8 scores and 2 TDs.     Young has also rushed for 276 yards and two TDs.

Jordan Manley of GRC, has completed 61% of his passes this year for 833 yards, including 9 TDs and 3 INT.

This will be an intriguing matchup.    I'll post more tidbits as the week progresses.

We're working to obtain permission to broadcast the game with GRC; with COVID, nothing's a given these days until game day.   With luck, we hope to be broadcasting live on www.pegasussportsky.com beginning at 7 pm ET Friday 10/23/2020.

CM

• theguru changed the title to Oldham County at George Rogers Clark Predictions/Updates
On 10/21/2020 at 11:56 AM, CincySportsFan said:

Goldie has retired from BGP.  Made an announcement about it awhile back, due to her ALS diagnosis.

I missed that.  Perhaps it was between March and August, when I'm not as active on the board.

I really hate to hear that.   Always enjoyed her commentary.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

But either way Oldham and Clark will play each other in the first round, correct? This is strictly determining the location.

This is correct.  Winner replays this matchup at home.

Broadcast tonight begins at 7 pm ET with the 30 minute pregame show.  Kickoff at 7:30 pm.

www.pegasussportsky.com

I'll post updates here as I can during the broadcast.

News in Louisville yesterday that GRC's talented running back, Azeriah Isreal, has committed to the Louisville Cardinals.

CM