Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WCSportsFan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WCSportsFan

  1. If the reports I have heard are true, then you may see him on the field. He is in the weight room working and getting stronger, in fact I heard he might be the strongest freshmen ever at the HS.
  2. Enough Ledington/Smith debate........Being a Whitley fan I will say I support coach Ledington and am happy to have him in our dugout. To the Game........ With all the rain, did Whitley have their field tarped and will field conditoins play a part in the game. Will Whitley continue to exploit the weakness mentioned earlier by VolFan? The big question is who will pitch for the 'Burg? And just how good is the Whitley concession stand, as I will be eating dinner at the game tonight!!!!!
  3. The schedule will also give the kids who may play at the next level a chance to showcase their talants in front of some big crowds and good teams.
  4. Back to the game....... Whitley showed great disipline at the plate hitting good pitches and letting the junk go by. They were strong in the field, I will be interested to see the rematch. Good luck Colonels.
  5. Yeah I have not heard that from anyone from Bell, AND Bell hired the Whitley's coach who had "limited" success at Whitley. Hey I like John Smith but I am VERY happy with Rob Ledington. Regardless of how he ended up at Whitley I think the Colonels will be better for having him. As far as that goes, I don't think anyone really said anything other than he was getting the job done, or moving the team in the right direction. Which if you look at things is true, they have won three games in a row after struggling early, I would call that moving in the right direction and getting the job done. Certianly he may not have early but now he is.
  6. Although Whitley has only won four games, they are 1-0 in the district and only a 11 games into the season. The kids are really starting to understand what is expected of them. You can only teach so much in practice, you really learn during games and game situations and Coach Ledingtonn is starting get the Colonels headed in the right direction. Sounds to me like maybe someone does not want him have success, and the comment was kind of like whistling past the cemetary.
  7. Congrats to Corbin on a fine season. Rebounding killed the Hounds, having to go to the zone really hurt them in the long run. Many times when you are used to play man all season, then you are forced to zone, you see team have a tough time rebounding. Rather than have a man you turn and block out, you are having to track down somebody to block out, and the Hounds did not do a grea job, mainly because they just are not used to donig that. Any other team playing yesterday besides Eastern and the Hounds win but they had the misfortune of playing the team that I think is now the favorite to win the tourny.
  8. Didn't they graduate two 1000 yard rushers in Jones and Powers plus 60 td's between the two???? go Colonels
  9. Awesome schedule!!!!! Good luck Colonels
  10. I think alot of people state wide are asking that question not just from the region and district tourney but for the who season.
  11. The three calling this game appeared at times to disinterested in the game and then they would call ticky tack fouls while on the other end of the floor muggings were going on. It was both was, no team really got any advantage from the bad calls. All four teams in the finals were good and they deserved better officiating. To the game: I thought Corbin played with one eye on the Championship game. I am sure it was hard not to look ahead, but to North's credit they played hard and never let up, Coach Conway had a great game play but his players rushed shots when Corbin went to the press, had they not been so aggressive going to the bucket in the second quarter and been more patient it could have changed the flow of the game. Corbin made a great call to pull it out in the 4th with about 4 minutes to go, it made North play their game and allowed them to go on for the win. Congrats to North on a fine season and a good run in the tourny Good to the Redhounds as they move on to the Championship.
  12. Dumb question but where is the region games being played?? Host?
  13. I'm gonna take Corbin in this one playing to strong to be beat IMO.
  14. I was wondering if anyone knew of any upsets in district play?
  15. Corbin, I am predicting for Whitley to take out South Laurel in the district.
  16. I can't wait to see how this tournament unfolds. Im almost positive it will be worth the time to watch!
  17. This is awesome. That's something you don't see enough.
  18. I am going to miss the 7 Seniors at Whitley County High School. 3 Anthony Rider 26 Jason Powers 27 Nate Wilson 33 Cody Jones 57 Jordan Rickett 63 Chad Lennon 88 Chad Breeding They set the standard for future Colonel teams.
  19. Harlan comes into Lawson gymnasium whats the predictions?
  20. I believe South's biggest fear at the moment isnt the Redhounds. I believe all they are seeing as of now are the Colonels.
  21. I agree...Butcher was a huge spark...Mikey Storms was back to his old self with a big game along with Jake..Middlesboro has a nice looking team too so it was a good win for the Colonels. With everyone getting healthy Whitley could make some noise!
  22. Close game till the end and Corbin will pull away to win by 12. 68-56

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.