Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 56 North Laurel 51

Featured Replies

Final.

Im sweating over here! Good game plan for the Jags! Gutsy finish for the Hounds! We got to get some rest!:puke::laugh:

  • Author

Try being in the gym. It was HOT!

Try being in the gym. It was HOT!

 

Sounds like NL really came to play tonight.

  • Author

Hats off to coach Conway and his players. They came ready to play.

Congrats Redhounds and good luck tomorrow against South.

North came to play and played their hearts out. I want to commend them on a valiant effort. However, one thing I will not commend are the horrendous officials. How those people passed a KHSAA exam is beyond me. They weren't one sided but they were awful. I've never seen a guy get fouled on the rebound, then pushed in the back and called for a technical. Then the guy that shoved the rebounder only gets a personal foul when another player was T'd up earlier for shoving.

 

With all of that said, again, Congrats on a nice run for the Jags. You made believers out of us all. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good showdown with the Hounds putting one on the Cards. Which refs will show up? The ones that call everything or the ones that refuse to call anything? I hope they let the kids dictate the outcome of the ball game. This should be a fine game.

North came to play and played their hearts out. I want to commend them on a valiant effort. However, one thing I will not commend are the horrendous officials. How those people passed a KHSAA exam is beyond me. They weren't one sided but they were awful. I've never seen a guy get fouled on the rebound, then pushed in the back and called for a technical. Then the guy that shoved the rebounder only gets a personal foul when another player was T'd up earlier for shoving.

 

With all of that said, again, Congrats on a nice run for the Jags. You made believers out of us all. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good showdown with the Hounds putting one on the Cards. Which refs will show up? The ones that call everything or the ones that refuse to call anything? I hope they let the kids dictate the outcome of the ball game. This should be a fine game.

 

 

All I can say is North played well and people saw what they saw. Anyone who was there can attest. I sure hope tomorrow is a better night for everyone involved. Most importantly the players of the two teams playing for a regional championship. Good luck Hounds.

North came to play and played their hearts out. I want to commend them on a valiant effort. However, one thing I will not commend are the horrendous officials. How those people passed a KHSAA exam is beyond me. They weren't one sided but they were awful. I've never seen a guy get fouled on the rebound, then pushed in the back and called for a technical. Then the guy that shoved the rebounder only gets a personal foul when another player was T'd up earlier for shoving.

 

With all of that said, again, Congrats on a nice run for the Jags. You made believers out of us all. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good showdown with the Hounds putting one on the Cards. Which refs will show up? The ones that call everything or the ones that refuse to call anything? I hope they let the kids dictate the outcome of the ball game. This should be a fine game.

 

Plain and simple these officials were in over their heads and that goes for the entire tournament. The play you are refering to should have never happened the officials let the game become so physical, tempers were flarring on both teams. And to beat it all they totally botched the call, Wardrup should have been called for a personal foul and then both players (Wardrup and Manns) should have recieved technicals for pushing one another. It is sad that the KHSAA lets things like this continue.

My hats off to Coach Conway and his team they very well in the Region Tournament. However, I have to agree with Hank and others this game was the worst game called I have seen. I am not one to complain about officials, until now. They screwed up the call between Wardrup and Manns. And you didn't know what was going to be called a foul or not. They had one hard foul that Smith from Corbin got T'd up and then you had a hard rebound foul that a North player almost got his legs cut under him and there was no foul. I hope those officals will not be there again tomorrow night it is ruining a good tournament. If they are they would be better off with Stevie Wonder calling the game.

My hats off to Coach Conway and his team they very well in the Region Tournament. However, I have to agree with Hank and others this game was the worst game called I have seen. I am not one to complain about officials, until now. They screwed up the call between Wardrup and Manns. And you didn't know what was going to be called a foul or not. They had one hard foul that Smith from Corbin got T'd up and then you had a hard rebound foul that a North player almost got his legs cut under him and there was no foul. I hope those officals will not be there again tomorrow night it is ruining a good tournament. If they are they would be better off with Stevie Wonder calling the game.

 

 

lol.

These officials have been horrible the entire tournament. If these are the best 14th region officials, I will never complain about the 13th region again. Just plain terrible. Not one sided, ... but bad both ways.

 

Congrats to North Laurel on a great run. They really rolled up their sleeves and worked their tails off.

Plain and simple these officials were in over their heads and that goes for the entire tournament. The play you are refering to should have never happened the officials let the game become so physical, tempers were flarring on both teams. And to beat it all they totally botched the call, Wardrup should have been called for a personal foul and then both players (Wardrup and Manns) should have recieved technicals for pushing one another. It is sad that the KHSAA lets things like this continue.

 

One official called a foul on Wardrup and then called a T on him for pushing Manns, who then pushed another North player and received an intentional foul, which was his 5th foul. After the officials talked about it for about 10 minutes, I guess they got confused and forgot about the T on Waldrup and somehow let Wilson(not involved in the play at all) shoot the 1 and 1 foul shot for Corbin, which he missed. North Laurel then got to shoot two FT's and also possession of the ball.:confused:

 

A good game plan from the North Laurel staff, they really slowed the pace of the game and gave the Jags a shot at the upset. Good effort from both teams as the Hounds survive and advance.:thumb:

One official called a foul on Wardrup and then called a T on him for pushing Manns, who then pushed another North player and received an intentional foul, which was his 5th foul. After the officials talked about it for about 10 minutes, I guess they got confused and forgot about the T on Waldrup and somehow let Wilson(not involved in the play at all) shoot the 1 and 1 foul shot for Corbin, which he missed. North Laurel then got to shoot two FT's and also possession of the ball.:confused:

 

A good game plan from the North Laurel staff, they really slowed the pace of the game and gave the Jags a shot at the upset. Good effort from both teams as the Hounds survive and advance.:thumb:

 

I agree those officials had it all messed up from the get go. They didn't have the call right at all. There was definitely a "T" called by all 3 officials and none was given to anybody especially Waldrup who I believe they were going to call one on.

 

Great effort by the Jags.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.