Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lights Out 30

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lights Out 30

  1. Congrats Lady Indians. Make a good run and good luck rest of the way!
  2. I agree Bird. No games will be played this weekend.
  3. We did as about a good of job as we could. Even had a blue jacket like Appleman's. But hey, we tried and everyone had a good time with it. Like we intended. :thumb:
  4. I do like Middleton and is becoming a nice player. He is starting to handle pressure well and protects the ball fairly well. But, I don't think he is the best passer on the team, as Darius Miller shares the ball pretty well also. I will also say Ryan Hamm coming off the bench takes care of the ball extremely well and can dribble out some clock. I think Ethan King is a good ball player and often gets over looked because of Mason's three Miller, Setty and Middleton. King shoots 53% from the field and 72% from the charity stripe and averages 11 points per game. He is very long and is pretty athletic. He might not be the quickest player, but has great anticipation and quick hands. He also can take the ball to the basket and finish in traffic high and pass really well. He is a solid player and many teams play off of him and let him shoot from 15-17 feet and he can knock it down more than not.
  5. I talked to a good friend of mine and he knows a little bit about girl's basketball around the area and he said Orem was in the mix. I think she wants it. And I would be surprised if a few players follow...
  6. Beat me to it. I was wondering about a time. I was just told by a player that it was 11? I may try to drvie up to watch or hitch a ride.
  7. I thought it was a great idea, and so did many of the Mason fans. They laughed as we walked around introducing ourselves. I just want to say that, Coach O'Hearn, Mr. Appleman and Mr. Middleton and the rest, were great sports about it. They all got a good laugh out of it. The good ol' day. I'm glad you like it as well.
  8. Great post. Wish the best for your Dad and family in his retirement.
  9. Not too many student sections are the epitome of class. Once last year when the administration called Mason Co. students were called into the office and were told to act with more class, they turned around the next game and dressed up as the administration (O'Hearn, Appleman, Middleton ect.) Not to be rude or anything just as a little humor. I was O'Hearn. (Even he said I did a good job!)
  10. I know the time that Setty hit the 3 and then did the tomahawk chop, it was right in front of the student section and one of the kids, might as well have been in his shorts with him. He yelled something to Setty and he knocked it down. Granted I don't think it was the right thing to do, but emotions flying high, high school kids, things are going to happen. I wouldn't call it cocky or classless.
  11. So, what if King didn't get two early fouls and made up for those 9 points as he was well below his average for the season. Just a thought. If this was a game of what if's man we would all be all-stars!
  12. No, I wouldn't pound my chest. If I took 10 shots and made more than 60% of them then I might pound my chest. But definitly not 1 for 10.
  13. Well, the kid patted him on the rear end a time or two and Downing smack his hand away not wanting to be touched. So after being smack away the kid patted him on the back of the head. I agree Downing did make it out to be worse than what it really was, but the game was really intense at that point and emotions flying high.
  14. Read through the whole thread there are many people that mentioned Ryan's performance last night, and giving him credit for stepping up in a big situation. I love to watch the kid play.
  15. I enjoyed the tournament. I though they did a good job. They drive from Mason Co. isn't a bad drive because of the work they have done on the road. It took me about 45 min. One thing they may need to do is turn down the volume of the PA system. I thought it was difficult to understand him at times because it may have been turned up too much. Other than that no complaints from me. Anyone have word on what the attendance was last night and if the doors were locked?
  16. Congrats to Elliott Co. and am looking forward to Thursday nights game!
  17. I know Darius had 28 points and 13 rebounds. 10-13 from the field. Trevor had 22 points 8-12 from the field. Ryan stepped up big in this game scoring 9 points and handled pressure really well.
  18. Congrats on winning the 2nd region. I'm looking forward to the first round match-up vs. Lex. Cath.
  19. For Mason Co. I'm going to say the 1994 team. They are the only team to win a region championship at Mason Co.
  20. Congrats to Elliott on good win. Hope to see another Lions-Royals matchup here soon... That is Mason Co. that I mean.
  21. Glad to see some big school coaches at some of these games in Kentucky. BCG was at the Mason game along with his sidekicks, Bradley, Crawford, Harris, Jasper, Meeks, Perry.
  22. Good game. Congrats to the Royals and to the Cards on a good season. It was very good to see the UK players and BCG there tonight as many stated.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.