Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So Long Deming.

Featured Replies

The end of a era is coming, those teams that had Deming on their schedules this year quietly has made history, being the last teams that played Deming this season. But A new era will start next season, hopes are high the new school will be ready by December, I for one can't wait to see what the new gym will look like, some say it'll kinda look like Nicholas County's gym, some say bigger than. But whatever the case maybe we welcome our 10th region fans and teams To The Robertson County High School.(Black Devils)

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ You have any pictures of the construction of the new school/ gym?

  • Author
^ You have any pictures of the construction of the new school/ gym?

 

Not yet but I will work on it. Ledger Independent news has a pic from the air of what it looked like on the outside, still quite abit of work to be done but they are moving along.

Robertson County High School just doesn't sound right...but I'm happy for that community.

  • Author
Robertson County High School just doesn't sound right...but I'm happy for that community.

 

It'll be different and it'll take some gettin' used to. My nephew is a Junior but he's ordered his Class Ring for Deming and one for Robertson County, He wears the Deming ring more, and the other he put in the box. Some people feel the same way cause there was alot of tradition and memories we former students shared and remebered, but things often do change. Hopefully this will be for the better. And It's a step forward.

I knew they were building but didn't realize the name change. It will take some time to get use to Robertson County but that is life, all things change.

Loved the old Deming gym! Change is inevitable.

Loved shooting in that gym...behind only Augusta & the Fieldhouse.

So this would leave just Sheldon Clark as the only one-high-school county school without the county name in it, right? (Hope that last sentence makes sense, but there apparently is not a less-clunky way to say what I was trying to say.)

So this would leave just Sheldon Clark as the only one-high-school county school without the county name in it, right? (Hope that last sentence makes sense, but there apparently is not a less-clunky way to say what I was trying to say.)

 

I've been sitting here trying to say it a different way & can't come up with anything much different. :lol: Of Kentucky counties with just one high school, only Martin County has a school (Sheldon Clark) without the word "County" in its name?

 

Regardless, I think that's right. I didn't even know there was a Martin County until a few years ago, but I've known of Sheldon Clark my whole life.

Sad to see it go, but at least it is staying in the same county and not being lost to consolidation.

So this would leave just Sheldon Clark as the only one-high-school county school without the county name in it, right? (Hope that last sentence makes sense, but there apparently is not a less-clunky way to say what I was trying to say.)

 

No...... you have GRC. I know many call us Clark Co and we actually have that on our jerserys, but the name of the school Is George Rogers Clark. We may be the only school with 2 names.....:D

Robertson County High School just doesn't sound right...but I'm happy for that community.

 

About 15 years ago our high school played them in an invitational tournament at Oneida Baptist Institute, and they had ROBERTSON COUNTY letters on the front of their uniforms. I don't know if that was just for that particular year or not, but their uniforms didn't say DEMING, not that year anyway. I remember asking someone if they had changed the name of the school, and they said no.

No...... you have GRC. I know many call us Clark Co and we actually have that on our jerserys, but the name of the school Is George Rogers Clark. We may be the only school with 2 names.....:D

 

 

Ashland Paul Blazer

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.