Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 88 Duke 70

Featured Replies

Well, in 2010 I didn't think Duke was Championship caliber but the dominos fell their way.

 

Right. And before the tourney nobody thought that team would win it all neither. They didn't pass the 'eye test' either. Nobody thought UConn would win last year as well. If the Plumlees can dominate the paint consistently and Duke can knock down threes then who knows. It would be unexpected though.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right. And before the tourney nobody thought that team would win it all neither. They didn't pass the 'eye test' either. Nobody thought UConn would win last year as well. If the Plumlees can dominate the paint consistently and Duke can knock down threes then who knows. It would be unexpected though.

 

I don't think this Duke team plays good enough defense to make a Final Four run this season. I think they have actually over achieved so far.

I don't think this Duke team plays good enough defense to make a Final Four run this season. I think they have actually over achieved so far.

 

I can agree with this statement.

All year I have felt that Carolina could be the best team, tonight they played like it. Duke needs the 3 ball way more than I am comfortable with.

UK wins it all easy. Mark it down.

 

:lol: 68 teams and 6 games. Yeah, talk about easy.

I think UK has been the better team since day one. Even better coached. I still think UNC has more talent from 1-7 than UK does.

 

At first I would agree with you except for one player: Anthony Davis.

 

I just don't think there's anyone on either roster that will sniff this kid if he just keeps progressing each game as he has in the last month there is no one close to his talent. Barnes could be if he would be more assertive but I just haven't seen it so far. I still think a UNC-UK rematch would be nip and tuck close and could go either way. :thumb:

At first I would agree with you except for one player: Anthony Davis.

 

I just don't think there's anyone on either roster that will sniff this kid if he just keeps progressing each game as he has in the last month there is no one close to his talent. Barnes could be if he would be more assertive but I just haven't seen it so far. I still think a UNC-UK rematch would be nip and tuck close and could go either way. :thumb:

 

That's just one player. Once you get to the point where you are comparing Kyle Wiltjer and James Macadoo I think the talent argument sways to UNC. Which is why I said 1-7 UNC is more talented. Davis is easily the most talented on both teams. After Davis, MKG and Jones UNC takes over in terms of talent. Barnes, Henson, Zeller, Marshall, Bullock, Macadoo, Hairston, Strickland(out for the year) and McDonald. I have to give the nod to UNC.

That's just one player. Once you get to the point where you are comparing Kyle Wiltjer and James Macadoo I think the talent argument sways to UNC. Which is why I said 1-7 UNC is more talented. Davis is easily the most talented on both teams. After Davis, MKG and Jones UNC takes over in terms of talent. Barnes, Henson, Zeller, Marshall, Bullock, Macadoo, Hairston, Strickland(out for the year) and McDonald. I have to give the nod to UNC.

 

Sounds crazy my friend but I think the weight of Davis is worth two of UNC's stars. That's where I would give the edge. so you think that Bullock is better than Lamb?

Sounds crazy my friend but I think the weight of Davis is worth two of UNC's stars. That's where I would give the edge. so you think that Bullock is better than Lamb?

 

Better player? No. More talented? Yes. Two different things. I think we all have different views of talent and skill. The draft will sort that out.

That's just one player. Once you get to the point where you are comparing Kyle Wiltjer and James Macadoo I think the talent argument sways to UNC. Which is why I said 1-7 UNC is more talented. Davis is easily the most talented on both teams. After Davis, MKG and Jones UNC takes over in terms of talent. Barnes, Henson, Zeller, Marshall, Bullock, Macadoo, Hairston, Strickland(out for the year) and McDonald. I have to give the nod to UNC.

 

Just for grins here are stats to compare:

 

 

Davis: 14.1 9.8 66.6 (points and rebounds and FG %)

Lamb: 13.5 3.0 47.7

Jones: 12.1 6.7 50

KG: 12.0 7.8 47.6

Miller: 10.2 2.7 47.4

Teague: 9.7 2.6 41.0

Wiltjer: 5.7 2.1 43.3

 

 

 

Barnes: 17.4 5.1 45.8

Zeller: 16.3 9.3 54.9

Henson: 14.2 10.3 50.7

Bullock: 8.6 4.8 43.7

Marshall: 7.2 2.5 42.8

Hairston: 5.7 2.3 30.6

McAdoo: 5.0 3.6 40.0

Just for grins here are stats to compare:

 

 

Davis: 14.1 9.8 66.6 (points and rebounds and FG %)

Lamb: 13.5 3.0 47.7

Jones: 12.1 6.7 50

KG: 12.0 7.8 47.6

Miller: 10.2 2.7 47.4

Teague: 9.7 2.6 41.0

Wiltjer: 5.7 2.1 43.3

 

 

 

Barnes: 17.4 5.1 45.8

Zeller: 16.3 9.3 54.9

Henson: 14.2 10.3 50.7

Bullock: 8.6 4.8 43.7

Marshall: 7.2 2.5 42.8

Hairston: 5.7 2.3 30.6

McAdoo: 5.0 3.6 40.0

 

 

All this does is prove my point that UK has a better team. Does nothing to show the disparity of talent.

 

Marvin Williams came off the bench for Roy Williams' first title team that had Sean May, Rashad McCants and Raymond Felton on it. Marvin Williams was drafted 3rd overall because he was the most talented. Talented......

All this does is prove my point that UK has a better team. Does nothing to show the disparity of talent.

 

Marvin Williams came off the bench for Roy Williams' first title team that had Sean May, Rashad McCants and Raymond Felton on it. Marvin Williams was drafted 3rd overall because he was the most talented. Talented......

 

No way you will win this argument :lol: Two different wavelengths going on here.

No way you will win this argument :lol: Two different wavelengths going on here.

 

I know. Drives me nuts. :lol:

I know. Drives me nuts. :lol:

 

That's what I'm here for my friend. :D

The main reason you give UNC the advantage is because of their experience and UK's lack-there-of. Cal has done a much better coaching job. Both are totally different teams than when the met up in December.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.