Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 88 Duke 70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Second best or second most talented? Two different things.

 

Talented.

UK has Jones, Davis, Teague, MKG, Lamb and Miller.

 

UNC has Zeller, Barnes, Henson, Marshall, Macadoo, Hairston and Bullock.

UK wins it all easy. Mark it down.

 

It won't be easy but I agree they win it. I hope they do before UNC does. For sure.

UK has Jones, Davis, Teague, MKG, Lamb and Miller.

 

UNC has Zeller, Barnes, Henson, Marshall, Macadoo, Hairston and Bullock.

 

3 of those guy for UNC average over 10 points while 5 of UK's average 10 points or more and Teague averaging 9.7 points. And to think it's UK's defense that get's them so much recognition, they've got pretty good balance offensively as well.

Second best or second most talented? Two different things.
Right now Syracuse is the 2nd best team in the country but UK and UNC has more talent.
Right now Syracuse is the 2nd best team in the country but UK and UNC has more talent.

 

Agree.

 

 

UNC would be the favorite against Syracuse though.

3 of those guy for UNC average over 10 points while 5 of UK's average 10 points or more and Teague averaging 9.7 points. And to think it's UK's defense that get's them so much recognition, they've got pretty good balance offensively as well.

 

I'm talking talent. Not who is performing better.

I'm talking talent. Not who is performing better.

 

I THINK talent prevailed earlier this year. UK won that game. From that game UK has only gotten better. Of course, this is all matter of opinion.

I THINK talent prevailed earlier this year. UK won that game. From that game UK has only gotten better. Of course, this is all matter of opinion.

 

Absolutely. It is all opinion.

Absolutely. It is all opinion.

 

I feel like as compared to years past, that I have tried to remain as objective as possible. I'm not speaking and drinking the kool-aid.

 

Also, Duke just doesn't pass the eye test this year. Championship teams don't get blown out like they have. However, that may not keep them from winning the National Championship. They'd need things to come together though.

I'm talking talent. Not who is performing better.

 

I THINK talent prevailed earlier this year. UK won that game. From that game UK has only gotten better. Of course, this is all matter of opinion.

 

Kind of have to agree with LC on this as well. Plus this prevailing talent that doesn't measure up also has another title, overhyped..... At some point you have to wonder if maybe all of those pieces aren't as good as advertised. Sure they can make some great highlights but that doesn't necessarily win a team games. Not saying UNC isn't very talented because they are, but all we heard all year coming in to this season is how they were going to be the most talented team etc etc.

I feel like as compared to years past, that I have tried to remain as objective as possible. I'm not speaking and drinking the kool-aid.

 

Also, Duke just doesn't pass the eye test this year. Championship teams don't get blown out like they have. However, that may not keep them from winning the National Championship. They'd need things to come together though.

 

:lol:

 

Who said Duke was championship caliber? I haven't heard anyone say that. Not even Duke Vitale. I think all of the Duke fans on BGP have been pretty realistic about where Duke stands this year. We've been saying it all year and before preseason as a matter of fact. :lol: Welcome to the season.

I THINK talent prevailed earlier this year. UK won that game. From that game UK has only gotten better. Of course, this is all matter of opinion.

 

Kind of have to agree with LC on this as well. Plus this prevailing talent that doesn't measure up also has another title, overhyped..... At some point you have to wonder if maybe all of those pieces aren't as good as advertised. Sure they can make some great highlights but that doesn't necessarily win a team games. Not saying UNC isn't very talented because they are, but all we heard all year coming in to this season is how they were going to be the most talented team etc etc.

 

 

I think UK has been the better team since day one. Even better coached. I still think UNC has more talent from 1-7 than UK does.

:lol:

 

Who said Duke was championship caliber? I haven't heard anyone say that. Not even Duke Vitale. I think all of the Duke fans on BGP have been pretty realistic about where Duke stands this year. We've been saying it all year and before preseason as a matter of fact. :lol: Welcome to the season.

 

Well, in 2010 I didn't think Duke was Championship caliber but the dominos fell their way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.