3pt% 28.6

FT% 61.9

Scott High 11 14 12 7 44

Mason County 15 9 8 17 49

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams found themselves on the business end of wide foul discrepancies for a half. Mason was whistled for 11 fouls to Scott's five in the first half, and after halftime, the Eagles were called for 12 violations to the Royals' six. That made the math even at 17 fouls each for the game.

Read more: Late senior-driven spurt pushes Royals past Scott in region opener

Sunrise, by no means did I blame the refs for the loss. Jackson did not have any help at the end of the game. Mason respected Pouncy's ability to score, but he wasn't out there to help. Sad ending to a long hoops season.

I think Scot's free throw shooting played a big part in their loss, especially in the 1st half. They seemed not to want the ball in the last quarter. I think Hamm's 3 pointer was the back breaker and gave Mason some momentum .

Are you guys saying Carr's coaching decisions cost Scott the win lastnight or perhaps his decisions kept Scott from being in the best possible position to win? There's not a bigger fan of Brad Carr than me but even I left the gym a few times this season scratching my head. I agree with whomever said Scott is easy to scout.

I don't think its the officials job to 'balance' fouls. A foul is a foul regardless of how many. However in no way did the officiating beat Scott. Scott beat themselves when we had 5 point lead and basically stopped being aggressive. The whole momentum changed and complexion of the game. I'm scratching my head as to why the kids that got us there were no longer the ones playing key minutes. When kids are sat down for drives at the rim and wide open 3's then our coaching staff has no confidence in his players. The players pick that up and play that way. Scott apparently wasn't as good as I thought. We seemed to have only 2 options the coaches trust. They aren't efficient options either. When you have 2to new starters in the region tourney then you know your team is in turmoil and that's never good for the teams chemistry or confidence. Its a shame is all. Too much talent sitting there watching a two man game. Next year is not going to be much better because its the same group of kids.

Who were the two new starters ?

Always easy to second guess a coach but what I know about Coach Carr is 4 consecutive District Championships prior to this year and a run of regional semifinal appearances. He did not always have the talent but always seemed to get the most of the talent he had. 15-15 record with a group of players with very limited varsity experience this season and it might have been one of his better coaching jobs to get them to that point.

Its not second guessing,stop stalling the ball. Let the kids that got you there go out and decide the game. If they lose they lose,but at least let them try.

Unless you happen to be Coach Carr it kinda has to be second guessing

Unless you happen to be Coach Carr it kinda has to be second guessing

Absolutely nothing wrong with second guessing. Happens everyday in all aspects of life even to the smartest people on the planet. If a Dr can be second guessed on his decisions surely a high school basketball coach can be. Do we really want a world of mindless followers?

Absolutely nothing wrong with second guessing. Happens everyday in all aspects of life even to the smartest people on the planet. If a Dr can be second guessed on his decisions surely a high school basketball coach can be. Do we really want a world of mindless followers?

Didn't say there was anything wrong with second guessing! One of the great things about sports is that as spectators or parents we get the opportunity to second guess but we also aren't the ones putting the time and effort into running practices and seeing each players strengths and weaknesses on a daily basis, scouting the other teams and trying to put together a game plan to win the game. My point was actually pretty simple....the guy has a pretty good track record with a lot more wins on his resume than probably most of us on the board. At the end of the day I am going to trust that he did everything possible to give his team the chance to win the game.

Did anyone notice that the first game Montgomery County sit on the home bench even know they were the visitors? They wanted to sit on their normal bench. Is this not what Mason was brow beat for and why all of Montgomery and Clark fans wanted the tournament rotated. Per the e-trade commercial. This is my shocked face. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It seemed like we wanted two kids to be in control of our destiny. One finishes well, not 1 on 5 though. And the other over penetrates and forces something terrible. We have more weapons than that. Like a coach told me last night during the first half. Stack the middle against your big and let the other short PG attack. He will shoot you out of game's . Also felt that they could attack him offensively away from ball as he often is watching the ball. Basically... he was wondering the same thing because he has a lot of respect for our staff. Quote" Scott's easy to scout".

What 2 are you talking about?

Did anyone notice that the first game Montgomery County sit on the home bench even know they were the visitors? They wanted to sit on their normal bench. Is this not what Mason was brow beat for and why all of Montgomery and Clark fans wanted the tournament rotated. Per the e-trade commercial. This is my shocked face. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Was the other teams cheering section right behind their bench? That is the problem when it was at Mason Co.