Mason County 49 Scott 44

And look at the above post that first brought up the subject....a Mason Co fan....:sssh:

I am not only a fan but a worker at the tournament. I am a bigger person and I cannot get behind the scorers table, the announcer was really confused on his announcements. He announced Mason as the visitors and anybody knows when you wear white you are home. And I was not the first to bring it up, don't you remember, yourself, other Calrk and Montgomery fans brought it up a few years ago. For thirty years before that, not a problem.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not only a fan but a worker at the tournament. I am a bigger person and I cannot get behind the scorers table, the announcer was really confused on his announcements. He announced Mason as the visitors and anybody knows when you wear white you are home. And I was not the first to bring it up, don't you remember, yourself, other Calrk and Montgomery fans brought it up a few years ago. For thirty years before that, not a problem.

I was talking about this thread.....you were.

I will stay true to form and say that while it is better that there were no student sections behind the opponent's bench, I am disappointed that Montgomery did not sit on the visitor bench and use visitor uniforms if that is the spot they drew. However, I will say that early in the the year...(at the first Clark Co game) the new AD decided to move Montgomery's home bench. If you look at the scorer's table, the home bench was to the left... on the bench closest to the end zone bleachers. For the tournament, that should be the home bench for whoever draws that spot. If it didn't happen that way, I think it is wrong.

They did wear their blue visitor uniforms.

Since Mason has had the tourney for 40+ years from your comment about 30 years I guess Mason had problems for the first 10 years. Let's see where Montgomery is after 8 more times hosting. Or are you saying that after 30 years practice Mason finally made a mistake 10 years ago.

Since Mason has had the tourney for 40+ years from your comment about 30 years I guess Mason had problems for the first 10 years. Let's see where Montgomery is after 8 more times hosting. Or are you saying that after 30 years practice Mason finally made a mistake 10 years ago.

Just trying to make a point and not state exact facts. If you want facts Mason had hosted the Tourney 44 of the last 48 years. Exceptions are 1969, 2008, 2009 and 2012. Has Mason made mistakes hosting, sure who hasn't, but ask anyone that the 10 Regional tourney is the best of them all at the Fieldhouse.

Just trying to make a point and not state exact facts. If you want facts Mason had hosted the Tourney 44 of the last 48 years. Exceptions are 1969, 2008, 2009 and 2012. Has Mason made mistakes hosting, sure who hasn't, but ask anyone that the 10 Regional tourney is the best of them all at the Fieldhouse.

Well you got me thinking. I have been to regional tournaments in the 7th,8th, 9th, 10th, 11th,12th and 13th over the years.... giving my age away. I can honestly say the the 10th is the only one that I recall seeing the students placed right behind the opposing teams bench. I can also say that each atmosphere is fantastic. That is what makes kentucky basketball what it is. The regionals played in the nicer college arenas are pretty unique and the kids love them. The arena in Corbin is very nice, Morehead, Bellmont and BOK. They are probably the better venues. The fieldhouse and Henry County are unique that they are old large gyms but if I was a kid I would much rather play in one of the nicer larger venues. As I think most kids really do.

I attended the 1969 regional at GRC and waited for 39 years for it to be somewhere else. So I can say with some confidence that yes Mason has mostly done a nice job hosting for all those years. But now that options exist it is time to rotate as we are now doing. The Fieldhouse was a wonderful facility but not anymore. Are there faults at BOK and Montgomery of course but it is time to be fair and continue the rotation. As you can see in bluenation12's post not everyone agrees that The Fieldhouse is the perfect location.

In that case I will stick with my first post... while a big improvement over the Mason Co method, not right.

Unless that bench is where all the "away" teams have been sitting

Edited by Plato
adding a disclaimor

So they wore their away uniforms... can someone who was there confirm if they sat on the bench closest to the end zone seats or the bench closest to the concession stand?

Wore blue uniforms, were guest on the scoreboard, sat near the endzone, and were introduced first, as is customary for the visitors. Mason County fan is just trying to stir it up.