Mason County 49 Scott 44

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PA announcers were horrible last night said the wrong names and wrong players. Come on. They said the wrong name for Brad Carr and announced Mason Co first but Mason Co was the home team, the PA had to call for balls between games. No room what so ever by the scorers table. It's impossible to fit behind their and move. Hard to get around the cheering sections as well last night behind the benchs.

I will stay true to form and say that while it is better that there were no student sections behind the opponent's bench, I am disappointed that Montgomery did not sit on the visitor bench and use visitor uniforms if that is the spot they drew. However, I will say that early in the the year...(at the first Clark Co game) the new AD decided to move Montgomery's home bench. If you look at the scorer's table, the home bench was to the left... on the bench closest to the end zone bleachers. For the tournament, that should be the home bench for whoever draws that spot. If it didn't happen that way, I think it is wrong.

I will stay true to form and say that while it is better that there were no student sections behind the opponent's bench, I am disappointed that Montgomery did not sit on the visitor bench and use visitor uniforms if that is the spot they drew. However, I will say that early in the the year...(at the first Clark Co game) the new AD decided to move Montgomery's home bench. If you look at the scorer's table, the home bench was to the left... on the bench closest to the end zone bleachers. For the tournament, that should be the home bench for whoever draws that spot. If it didn't happen that way, I think it is wrong.

Can I ask why it matters which side the home team sits? That's an honest question. The whole point about the Fieldhouse is that Mason places their students right behind the home teams bench. I really don't think it matters where they sit as long as its not right behind the opposing teams bench. I think that is an advatange and in poor taste for a Regional. I haven't seen that occur in other Regional tournaments.

In my opinion...

The venue should have home and away benches set. They should remain constant for the entire tournament. The host should abide by this policy because they are the host. Their gym is being used for the tournament. They are only the home team if they draw that position. The host has home court advantage by simply playing in their own arena. No additional preference should be given.

The only other thing I think is acceptable is if they allow the home team to dress in their normal locker room. And my reason for this is that there is no on court advantage regarding locker rooms.

If Montgomery was the visitor and did not switch then that is not right. However, as Plato said I believe that did switch benches this year, so that could be confusing what is home and what is visitor. The main thing is they apparently did not sit the home student section behind the visting team benches. That is how it should be. I would agree that the design of the gym and the way the scorer's table sits makes for tight quarters and also behind the benches. I have always thought that was a design flaw. I am shocked to not see any complaints about the popcorn.

Did anyone notice that the first game Montgomery County sit on the home bench even know they were the visitors? They wanted to sit on their normal bench. Is this not what Mason was brow beat for and why all of Montgomery and Clark fans wanted the tournament rotated. Per the e-trade commercial. This is my shocked face. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

You can always tell when it's 10th region tourney time. Almost as many comments about benches and cheering sections as about the game.lol.gif

And look at the above post that first brought up the subject....a Mason Co fan....:sssh:

Can I ask why it matters which side the home team sits? That's an honest question. The whole point about the Fieldhouse is that Mason places their students right behind the home teams bench. I really don't think it matters where they sit as long as its not right behind the opposing teams bench. I think that is an advatange and in poor taste for a Regional. I haven't seen that occur in other Regional tournaments.

Thsi would have happened if Montgomery would have sit where they should have. Don't want to hear about Mason when Montgomery did the same thing.