Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Pat Knight Cross the Line?

Featured Replies

So you're a parent of a senior player on Lamar who is never in trouble and clean from drugs. Coach says "this senior class" has issues and mentions "drugs."

 

You're more upset with Coach Kelly for using bad language against your boy that Coach K for lumping you in with others who have "drug" issues?

 

If the parents know?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're a parent of a senior player on Lamar who is never in trouble and clean from drugs. Coach says "this senior class" has issues and mentions "drugs."

 

You're more upset with Coach Kelly for using bad language against your boy that Coach K for lumping you in with others who have "drug" issues?

 

In the past couple of weeks you said Whitney Houston was basically a junkie and you didn't feel sorry for her, but now you want to take 3 seconds out of an 8 minute video and hold it against Coach Knight. I would think Coach Knight knows more about the senior class at Lamar than you do, but I could be wrong.

 

Coach Kelly made a buffoon out of himself and his quarterback by lighting him up on the sidelines in a game this year. HE should be embarrassed by that as should Notre Dame. Throw that in with the the death of the student that filmed the practice in the wind that was killed and yeah I'd say I'm much more upset at Coach Kelly than I am Coach Knight, and I have no relatives currently at either institution.

In the past couple of weeks you said Whitney Houston was basically a junkie and you didn't feel sorry for her, but now you want to take 3 seconds out of an 8 minute video and hold it against Coach Knight. I would think Coach Knight knows more about the senior class at Lamar than you do, but I could be wrong.

 

Coach Kelly made a buffoon out of himself and his quarterback by lighting him up on the sidelines in a game this year. HE should be embarrassed by that as should Notre Dame. Throw that in with the the death of the student that filmed the practice in the wind that was killed and yeah I'd say I'm much more upset at Coach Kelly than I am Coach Knight, and I have no relatives currently at either institution.

 

 

So it's okay for both Knight coaches to cuss kids out as long as they don't do it publicly? That's your beef with Kelly? He cussed a kid out publicly?

It's probably the most honest, straight forward press conference I've ever heard. it seems as though these college coaches have to handle these kids with kid gloves. They play like crap in games at times and the coach takes them out of the game and pats them on the butt to keep them in good spirits. UK has had some players that made me sick to watch because of attitude, I can't stand that. I enjoy this years group at UK because they all seem to have good attitudes.

  • Author
In the past couple of weeks you said Whitney Houston was basically a junkie and you didn't feel sorry for her, but now you want to take 3 seconds out of an 8 minute video and hold it against Coach Knight. I would think Coach Knight knows more about the senior class at Lamar than you do, but I could be wrong.

 

Coach Kelly made a buffoon out of himself and his quarterback by lighting him up on the sidelines in a game this year. HE should be embarrassed by that as should Notre Dame. Throw that in with the the death of the student that filmed the practice in the wind that was killed and yeah I'd say I'm much more upset at Coach Kelly than I am Coach Knight, and I have no relatives currently at either institution.

 

My man, do not re-write "history." I never said I didn't feel sorry for Mrs. Houston. Not once. I said she deserved no more sympathy than any other junkie.

 

You never replied to my ONLY problem with Coach P Knight.

My man, do not re-write "history." I never said I didn't feel sorry for Mrs. Houston. Not once. I said she deserved no more sympathy than any other junkie.

 

You never replied to my ONLY problem with Coach P Knight.

\

Re-read my post #9...it seems you and I have the same question. However, I don't feel like he indited the whole Senior class, and wouldn't feel that way if I was a Senior or the parent of a Senior. You know if you are involved with drugs or not.

So it's okay for both Knight coaches to cuss kids out as long as they don't do it publicly? That's your beef with Kelly? He cussed a kid out publicly?

 

What do you think caused more embarassment for their university? Knight's press conference or Kelly's on field actions? Never once did I say it was okay for a coach to cuss out a kid publicly or privately. You are trying to pick a fight with something that isn't there.

What do you think caused more embarassment for their university? Knight's press conference or Kelly's on field actions? Never once did I say it was okay for a coach to cuss out a kid publicly or privately. You are trying to pick a fight with something that isn't there.

 

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I am searching for understanding. You said Kelly's actions were more humiliating than Knight's. Then you admitted that you knew or met the Knights and that you were biased. My thoughts are that Kelly and the Knights both do or have done things privately that I am certain a lot of people wouldn't approve of. Kelly didn't look for cameras and then light into his QB. He just lit into him. Spotaneous reaction. Knight lit into his seniors at a press conference. Premeditated. I personally don't have a problem with either one. Just seems like Knight's premeditated actions are more harsh than Kelly's spontaneous reaction in my opinion.

  • Author
\

Re-read my post #9...it seems you and I have the same question. However, I don't feel like he indited the whole Senior class, and wouldn't feel that way if I was a Senior or the parent of a Senior. You know if you are involved with drugs or not.

 

He was blasting then entire senior class. How could he not have indicted every one of them?

Pat is just like his Dad, no respect for his players or himself.....always trying to strong arm his players and officials, also everyone that is around him....Lamar needs to send him packing and ESPN needs to send Bobby packing also.....always downing coaches and players alike for not playing the game the way he thinks it suppose to be played...I'll never watch a game that Bobby Knight is covering on the broadcast....makes me sick to my stomach!!!

Pat is just like his Dad, no respect for his players or himself.....always trying to strong arm his players and officials, also everyone that is around him....Lamar needs to send him packing and ESPN needs to send Bobby packing also.....always downing coaches and players alike for not playing the game the way he thinks it suppose to be played...I'll never watch a game that Bobby Knight is covering on the broadcast....makes me sick to my stomach!!!

 

Lamar has won 5 straight since this tirade...just sayin'...

Pat is just like his Dad, no respect for his players or himself.....always trying to strong arm his players and officials, also everyone that is around him....Lamar needs to send him packing and ESPN needs to send Bobby packing also.....always downing coaches and players alike for not playing the game the way he thinks it suppose to be played...I'll never watch a game that Bobby Knight is covering on the broadcast....makes me sick to my stomach!!!

 

Haters gona hate haters. :jump:

Haters gona hate haters. :jump:

 

You are right swamprat, and Lamar hasn't lost since the rant and are in the NCAA tournament...

You are right swamprat, and Lamar hasn't lost since the rant and are in the NCAA tournament...

 

crickets???

crickets???

 

That crack in my post was directed at the venom in nike49's post. And it was a joke, kinda sorta. Please note bouncing goofy smiley.

 

I agree with you. That's why there was no response.

 

Besides, crickets help me sleep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.