Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 65 St. Mary's 51

Featured Replies

Depends upon your opinion of the quality of the Missouri Valley Conference that year. Before the NCAA tourney, the only team from a "power conference" (BCS conference) they played was Purdue.

Why such a high seed, then? Bird?

  • Replies 107
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why such a high seed, then? Bird?

 

I guess. They were undefeated up until the title game. Perhaps Red Auerbach drafting Bird in 1978 had something to do with it?

 

Oh and this was before the St. Mary's game. So maybe I am emotionally invested in Murray State but then again maybe you just don't like the smaller colleges in the big dance.....bringing down the big boys!

 

Most people LOVE watching the underdogs / Cinderella stories in March...

Funny but CBSsport.com says Murray State is a number 3 seed but then again, I guess they are "emotionally invested" in Murray State too.

 

Oh and this was before the St. Mary's game. So maybe I am emotionally invested in Murray State but then again maybe you just don't like the smaller colleges in the big dance.....bringing down the big boys!

 

Link

 

 

 

Will it be the first 3 seed with a SOS of over 200 and an RPI in the 40s?

Funny but CBSsport.com says Murray State is a number 3 seed but then again, I guess they are "emotionally invested" in Murray State too.

 

Oh and this was before the St. Mary's game. So maybe I am emotionally invested in Murray State but then again maybe you just don't like the smaller colleges in the big dance.....bringing down the big boys!

 

Link

 

 

 

Your response 100% proves my point that you're too emotionally invested in Murray to take a step back . I understand that as your lovely daughter and son-in-law are grads and you love the community.

 

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how they have proven that they deserve a 3. Look at the link I posted earlier and tell me what you think Murray's record would be against Long Beach's schedule. If it's anything other than 24-1 then I have a hard time being convinced Murray is a 3. The logic doesn't work.

Here's something we all can agree on. Ole Miss is kicking themselves for not getting Canaan.

  • Author
Your response 100% proves my point that you're too emotionally invested in Murray to take a step back . I understand that as your lovely daughter and son-in-law are grads and you love the community.

 

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how they have proven that they deserve a 3. Look at the link I posted earlier and tell me what you think Murray's record would be against Long Beach's schedule. If it's anything other than 24-1 then I have a hard time being convinced Murray is a 3. The logic doesn't work.

 

What I gave you was a link from a national recognized major TV sports network saying that Murray State was a 3 seed!

 

Now you can argue all you want about numbers and such but in plain sight at the link I gave you, it shows that someone besides a "emotionally invested" person thinks Murray is #3 seed!

What I gave you was a link from a national recognized major TV sports network saying that Murray State was a 3 seed!

 

Now you can argue all you want about numbers and such but in plain sight at the link I gave you, it shows that someone besides a "emotionally invested" person thinks Murray is #3 seed!

 

My 2nd post was in response to the silly "maybe you just don't like a smaller college...." comment.

 

Now, I await your "here's why Murray has proven they deserve a 3 seed" response and their projected record against LBSU's schedule.

So just cause you're in the (insert BCS conf. of your choice here), then you are better than Murray State.

  • Author
My 2nd post was in response to the silly "maybe you just don't like a smaller college...." comment.

 

Now, I await your "here's why Murray has proven they deserve a 3 seed" response and their projected record against LBSU's schedule.

 

Clyde that's the thing, I don't I have too as a very knowledge major sports network that has invest millions of Dollars in the Tourney agrees with me on Murray being a 3 seed.

 

In fact Joe Lunardi of ESPN while he hasn't posted his updated bracket yet said this about Murray State!!! Link

Here's something we all can agree on. Ole Miss is kicking themselves for not getting Canaan.
And Mississippi State ... they were late coming in on him.
  • Author

USA Today... Link

 

Oh darn another non "emotionally invested" writer thinks Murray could be a 4th seed.

 

Murray State: The emphatic home victory against Saint Mary's further legitimizes the Racers' 26-1 record, and they got more help when San Francisco, a team they beat, upset Gonzaga. With two regular-season games and the Ohio Valley Conference tournament left, it's hard to see the Racers not getting to at least 28 wins. They could be 30-1 going into the NCAA tournament, which might earn a top-four seeding.

  • Author

Well Joe Lunardi has Murray State as a 7th seed but wait this seeding was done on Feb 17, so lets just for fun look at what happen on Sat the 18th.

 

#3 Baylor lost....to #12 seed KS....

#4 UNLV got hammered by #7 seed New Mexico

#6 San Diego State lost to unseeded USAF

#4 UofL gets by unseeded DePaul in OT

#5 Gonzaga gets beat by unseeded SF a team BTW Murray beat

and I won't mention#2 The Ohio State University lost to #3 Michigan.

 

So lets see.....one #3 two #4 one #5 and one #6 all lost while playing lesser teams than did Murray State who blew out a #6 on Saturday....

I'm Proud of the Racers! This is a fun ride!

You all are simply delusional if you think Murray has any chance at a 3 seed. At best they're looking at a 5, most likely a 6 or 7 though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.