Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 65 St. Mary's 51

Featured Replies

I know you can read! See post #58 and this is the link I gave: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

 

If that's the "major sports network" you've got as backup, I'm even more confident in my prediction of a 6-7 seed.

 

That idiot has Minnesota in the tournament, has Illinois in, has Florida as a 7 seed, has Seton Hall and UConn as 9's, and has UCF, NCState, and Miami(FL) all in. I'm pretty confident a bum off the street who's watched no basketball this season could put together a more believable bracket than that.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suggest you check yourself... And this whole time you just keep using the only defense of "Big 10 schedule"...

 

Check yourself. :lol: That made me laugh.

 

In all seriousness though, when Dayton is considered a "key win", you have no business being discussed as a top 3 seed, regardless of record.

I suggest you check yourself... And this whole time you just keep using the only defense of "Big 10 schedule"...

 

Pay attention. I've listed not only the Big 10 but UC and Long Beach as teams with schedules that would prevent Murray from having one loss.

 

I could list 50 more but those, too, would be ignored.

Are you clairvoyant Clyde? Pay attention, based on what you've been saying, only schools from BCS Conferances merit top seeds. Not narrow minded at all...

Are you clairvoyant Clyde? Pay attention, based on what you've been saying, only schools from BCS Conferances merit top seeds. Not narrow minded at all...

 

Incorrect. Non-BCS schools do go out and beef up their non-conference to offset their poor conference schedule.

 

Regardless of the reason why Murray has not done that.

 

We ask the committee to put the best tournament together which I assume means the best teams and seed them appropriately. They can only go by the body of work. Murray's body of work , despite the high number of wins, is not strong. Jim says it's because big schools will not play them. Maybe so. Irrelevant even if you claim it's unfair.

95 posts in and no one has said why they deserve a 3 seed.

#3 seeds last year... RPI ranking is from RealTime RPI

 

Syracuse SOS: 29 RPI:0.6201

Purdue SOS: 25 RPI: 0.6343

BYU SOS: 21 RPI: 0.6526

UConn SOS: 7 RPI:0.6305

 

Murray this year....

SOS:242 RPI: 0.5855

  • Author
If that's the "major sports network" you've got as backup, I'm even more confident in my prediction of a 6-7 seed.

 

That idiot has Minnesota in the tournament, has Illinois in, has Florida as a 7 seed, has Seton Hall and UConn as 9's, and has UCF, NCState, and Miami(FL) all in. I'm pretty confident a bum off the street who's watched no basketball this season could put together a more believable bracket than that.

 

The USA Today's USA/ESPN Coaches poll has Murray ranked as #12... so I guess the coaches are idiots too.....link

I've not said 3 seed. I said 4-6 range. If they win out and get worse than a 6 seed will be an injustice to the Racers.

The USA Today's USA/ESPN Coaches poll has Murray ranked as #12... so I guess the coaches are idiots too.....link

 

 

Zero chance the coach's poll has any impact on the seedings.

 

You think a coach has the time to break down every team, do an intelligent analysis, and then rate teams? While they're trying to teach, recruit, watch game film of their opponent, make sure their players are going to class, talking to civic groups, and doing their radio show?

 

Really?

I've not said 3 seed. I said 4-6 range. If they win out and get worse than a 6 seed will be an injustice to the Racers.

 

I agree with that, win out and they are a 6 worst case.

The USA Today's USA/ESPN Coaches poll has Murray ranked as #12... so I guess the coaches are idiots too.....link

 

 

Since when have rankings had any impact on seeding? :confused:

 

Stop letting your bias and emotions get in the way of logic.

The USA Today's USA/ESPN Coaches poll has Murray ranked as #12... so I guess the coaches are idiots too.....link

 

Lunardi only moved them up to a 6 seed, which is about right.

95 posts in and no one has said why they deserve a 3 seed.

 

That's because they don't deserve a 3 seed.

One thing I pride myself on is removing emotion from an evaluation. The conference they are in is irrelevant to me when it comes to being a BCS or not. The PAC 10 is BCS and they're terrible. The MVC is not and they're always good so let's remove the "he hates the little guys" mantra.

 

You asked what teams have played a top schedule. Even though there was a question mark at the end of it my Big 10 comment was more of a "isn't it obvious" comment.

 

I look at the SOS of Murray which is in the 200s. How many teams are there? 300? So they've played a bottom 1/3 schedule and I'm supposed to get excited about that? They list Dayton as a big win? Come on.

 

All I've asked, which no one has answered, is WHY do they deserve a 3? Would they be 26-1 against LBSU's schedule? How about Purdue's? UC's?

 

They deserve to be in and no one will want to face them. That doesn't mean they deserve a 3. That's my only point despite all of the crying going on.

There is a small faction which believes they will or should be a 3 seed. Including most in this thread.

 

You cannot say the conference is irrelevant in your analysis because it comprises the bulk of their terrible SOS rank. Not sure it can be broken down by OOC. They are in one of the 1/3 worst conferences so naturally their schedule will be close to reflective as such. For an OVC team, they scheduled about as well as any other.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.