Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 65 St. Mary's 51

Featured Replies

  • Replies 107
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Vital. This team can play with anybody.

  • Author

Ok, I am not from Murray or Western Kentucky but as Bug will tell you, I love the place and what MSU did for my daughter. I went to PeeWee's tonight and watched the game with my daughter and we screamed, hollered and cheered on Murray State like you would if you were there at the game in person and we had a ball. I couldn't tell you how many folks asked me about Murray State and actucally where in Kentucky Murray is located but now at least they konw a little bit about Western Kentucky and Murray State University!

 

Go Racers. UK might be #1 but the good folks of Murray and Murray State appreciate this season like no one elses in the Commonwealth could!

I just hope they don't get screwed in the seeding.

I just hope they don't get screwed in the seeding.

 

Where would you seed them?

  • Author
Where would you seed them?

 

Clyde I know you didn't ask me but I would go with at worst a #4 seed but with the victory tonight maybe a #3 seed. I like what Dicky V said about the mid majors and the big teams of the large conferences, he basically said you made your bed and if you are only a .500 team then you shouldn't cry when a team from one of the mid major who has only 2/3 losses gets a higher seed!

It would be awful to put them in the same bracket as UK or UL. Murray St deserves a fair draw and one in which everyone in the state can get behind them. I bet after last year and what Morehead did UL is praying not to see them and hoping UK does.

Where would you seed them?

 

As it stands now, a 3 or 4. But given the talk leading up to this game that, had they lost, they would be in danger of missing the NCAA tourney barring an OVC tourney title, I would say no worse than a 6 (assuming they went in with just 3 losses). That doesn't matter now, and they can go back to moving up the ladder. If they win out they should get a 2.

As it stands now, a 3 or 4. But given the talk leading up to this game that, had they lost, they would be in danger of missing the NCAA tourney barring an OVC tourney title, I would say no worse than a 6 (assuming they went in with just 3 losses). That doesn't matter now, and they can go back to moving up the ladder. If they win out they should get a 2.

 

Clyde I know you didn't ask me but I would go with at worst a #4 seed but with the victory tonight maybe a #3 seed. I like what Dicky V said about the mid majors and the big teams of the large conferences, he basically said you made your bed and if you are only a .500 team then you shouldn't cry when a team from one of the mid major who has only 2/3 losses gets a higher seed!

 

In order to be a 3 that would mean there are only 11 teams that deserve to be ahead of them.

 

I'd disagree.

 

Without hesitation I'd have the following ahead of Murray:

 

UK, Syracuse, Mizzou, KU, Duke, OSU, Michigan, UNC, GU, UNLV, Marquette, Florida, Wisconsin, IU, UL, ND, Virginia, and Temple. That's without looking hard at other schools.

 

I think that teams that have great W/Ls like Murray has but do not play a quality schedule deserve to be in but should be in the 8 to 10 range. Their schedule simply doesn't warrant much higher than that.

In order to be a 3 that would mean there are only 11 teams that deserve to be ahead of them.

 

I'd disagree.

 

Without hesitation I'd have the following ahead of Murray:

 

UK, Syracuse, Mizzou, KU, Duke, OSU, Michigan, UNC, GU, UNLV, Marquette, Florida, Wisconsin, IU, UL, ND, Virginia, and Temple. That's without looking hard at other schools.

 

I think that teams that have great W/Ls like Murray has but do not play a quality schedule deserve to be in but should be in the 8 to 10 range. Their schedule simply doesn't warrant much higher than that.

 

I've allowed, in my assessment, for the fact that they'll add more wins to the resume and strengthen things. By the same token, I would argue that a few of the list above will gag on their current station in life and slip to the bubble. Off the top of my head, Florida, Notre Dame, Louisville, UVa, Temple and Michigan seem like good candidates for slipping.

 

Look at Long Beach State's schedule and approximate the W/L record for Murray.

 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/299/long-beach-state-49ers

 

It's not like Murray has sucked against good comp. Vegas in their best years occasionally struggled in conference and dropped a game they shouldn't have. I would ask why LBSt isn't ranked higher. Oh, that's right, the big conferences are overrated in the grand scheme of things, and that's why teams like Butler, VCU, George Mason and ... dare I say ... Murray, have a chance to do big things in the tournament. I guess now that X has graduated, there's no room for any other surprise teams to make a splash? Or you're just bitter that those other schools I mentioned have made final fours while X has been denied? Or that X has gone from beloved to reviled because of the UC game?

I've allowed, in my assessment, for the fact that they'll add more wins to the resume and strengthen things. By the same token, I would argue that a few of the list above will gag on their current station in life and slip to the bubble. Off the top of my head, Florida, Notre Dame, Louisville, UVa, Temple and Michigan seem like good candidates for slipping.

 

 

 

It's not like Murray has sucked against good comp. I would ask why LBSt isn't ranked higher. Oh, that's right, the big conferences are overrated in the grand scheme of things, and that's why teams like Butler, VCU, George Mason and ... dare I say ... Murray, have a chance to do big things in the tournament. I guess now that X has graduated, there's no room for any other surprise teams to make a splash? Or you're just bitter that those other schools I mentioned have made final fours while X has been denied? Or that X has gone from beloved to reviled because of the UC game?

 

Put down your drink of choice and get rid of the attitude, son. I simply expressed an opinion without rancor.

Put down your drink of choice and get rid of the attitude, son. I simply expressed an opinion without rancor.

 

Good luck getting one of those out of him.

To Jim's question about why LBSU isn't "ranked" higher: Rankings are immaterial (except to us UK fans). You think the USA Today poll matters to the selection committee?

 

RPIs

 

Kenpom: LBSU 50/Murray 67

CBSsports.com RPI LBSU 42/Murray 47

NCAA: LBSU 43/Murray 48

 

What does that tell you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.