Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 65 St. Mary's 51

Featured Replies

You don't think a Big 10 schedule does?

 

Clyde, if I had a nickel for every time a question is asked of you, you ask a question in return, I would have a lot of nickels. :D

 

I believe you said they are more like an 8-10 seed. I am taking that as you do not believe they are deserving of a 7 or better seed solely based upon who they play; and, considering their conference there is nothing they could have done to change your mind. There is some wishful thinking going on in Racer land and certain media charm to a team with some glaring deficiencies and that is not fair in evaluating their position amongst others. I agree they are a lot closer to an 8-10 than a 3-4, but to fully discredit based upon them being an OVC team is not completely fair, either. There is a reason less than 1% of teams get to the 26-1 mark each season and it is not just schedule strength.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You all are simply delusional if you think Murray has any chance at a 3 seed. At best they're looking at a 5, most likely a 6 or 7 though.

I agree. They would have to win these next 4 games by 20+ to even warrant consideration. I am still not ruling out a 1-3 finish to the season. And no, I am not sandbagging. @ TSU is on Thursday night and they are pretty darn good. Then a quick turnaround at Tech on Saturday night.

Here's something we all can agree on. Ole Miss is kicking themselves for not getting Canaan.

 

And Mississippi State ... they were late coming in on him.

 

Canaan was a displaced Katrina victim. He played alongside another high level talent at guard for his AAU team so he got lost in the shuffle, so to speak. Prohm was on Canaan from the get-go and tracked him all through his displacement phase and Cip appreciated that. While Kennedy was the coach at Murray, Prohm was the lead recruiter on this entire team. Canaan considered a Mississippi State transfer after his Freshman year. Had Kennedy left following the Vandy game, I believe he would have headed to Starkville. People remember the Danero Thomas shot to be Vandy, but Canaan came off the bench and made some huge buckets and had 14 against Butler the next round (4-4 beyond the arc)... not to mention he just won the OVC tournament MVP trophy coming off the bench.

As for the game on Saturday night, what a great atmosphere. There some cool youtube videos of students lining up hours before the game. A warning had to be issued for ticket scalping. You do not get that much in the OVC.

 

That is the 5th time I have seen Vitale in person, but first time I sat 15 feet from the guy. My seat is just behind the radio guys who sit right beside the tv crew. It was madness because I sit at the end of the row and where it was roped off. People were standing over me all game long to get pictures and autographs. He came by the end of the row at halftime and he had to lean on me to sign some autographs. He proceeded to give me a thank you pat on the shoulder and I reciprocated by slapping him on the hip telling him, "good hustle." You never see Vitale in a small school environment and he ate it up and played to the crowd wonderfully. He was a rock star.

So just cause you're in the (insert BCS conf. of your choice here), then you are better than Murray State.

 

Don't be a moron. No one said that. It makes you look petty.

Clyde that's the thing, I don't I have too as a very knowledge major sports network that has invest millions of Dollars in the Tourney agrees with me on Murray being a 3 seed.

 

In fact Joe Lunardi of ESPN while he hasn't posted his updated bracket yet said this about Murray State!!! Link

 

Did I miss something? I heard him say Murray is "solidly in." You heard that as a 3 seed?

You all are simply delusional if you think Murray has any chance at a 3 seed. At best they're looking at a 5, most likely a 6 or 7 though.

 

Agreed I say 6 or 7.

Clyde, if I had a nickel for every time a question is asked of you, you ask a question in return, I would have a lot of nickels. :D

 

I believe you said they are more like an 8-10 seed. I am taking that as you do not believe they are deserving of a 7 or better seed solely based upon who they play; and, considering their conference there is nothing they could have done to change your mind. There is some wishful thinking going on in Racer land and certain media charm to a team with some glaring deficiencies and that is not fair in evaluating their position amongst others. I agree they are a lot closer to an 8-10 than a 3-4, but to fully discredit based upon them being an OVC team is not completely fair, either. There is a reason less than 1% of teams get to the 26-1 mark each season and it is not just schedule strength.

 

One thing I pride myself on is removing emotion from an evaluation. The conference they are in is irrelevant to me when it comes to being a BCS or not. The PAC 10 is BCS and they're terrible. The MVC is not and they're always good so let's remove the "he hates the little guys" mantra.

 

You asked what teams have played a top schedule. Even though there was a question mark at the end of it my Big 10 comment was more of a "isn't it obvious" comment.

 

I look at the SOS of Murray which is in the 200s. How many teams are there? 300? So they've played a bottom 1/3 schedule and I'm supposed to get excited about that? They list Dayton as a big win? Come on.

 

All I've asked, which no one has answered, is WHY do they deserve a 3? Would they be 26-1 against LBSU's schedule? How about Purdue's? UC's?

 

They deserve to be in and no one will want to face them. That doesn't mean they deserve a 3. That's my only point despite all of the crying going on.

Clyde that's the thing, I don't I have too as a very knowledge major sports network that has invest millions of Dollars in the Tourney agrees with me on Murray being a 3 seed.

 

In fact Joe Lunardi of ESPN while he hasn't posted his updated bracket yet said this about Murray State!!! Link

 

I've yet to see you provide any shred of evidence that anyone from a "major sports network" agrees with you on Murray being a 3 seed.

One thing I pride myself on is removing emotion from an evaluation. The conference they are in is irrelevant to me when it comes to being a BCS or not. The PAC 10 is BCS and they're terrible. The MVC is not and they're always good so let's remove the "he hates the little guys" mantra.

 

You asked what teams have played a top schedule. Even though there was a question mark at the end of it my Big 10 comment was more of a "isn't it obvious" comment.

 

I look at the SOS of Murray which is in the 200s. How many teams are there? 300? So they've played a bottom 1/3 schedule and I'm supposed to get excited about that? They list Dayton as a big win? Come on.

 

All I've asked, which no one has answered, is WHY do they deserve a 3? Would they be 26-1 against LBSU's schedule? How about Purdue's? UC's?

 

They deserve to be in and no one will want to face them. That doesn't mean they deserve a 3. That's my only point despite all of the crying going on.

 

You keep bringing that up, and while yes, they probably would have a few more losses on the schedule, I don't think it would turn them into a 14-13 team and out of consideration the way you seem to be insinuating. They can only play what's in front of them, since it's likely that schools in the BCS conferences won't take their calls when Murray is seeking to upgrade its schedule.

You keep bringing that up, and while yes, they probably would have a few more losses on the schedule, I don't think it would turn them into a 14-13 team and out of consideration the way you seem to be insinuating. They can only play what's in front of them, since it's likely that schools in the BCS conferences won't take their calls when Murray is seeking to upgrade its schedule.

 

I agree on them not being a 14-13 team. I've never once insinuated they would not be under consideration. Even with LBSU's schedule they'd win their conference and be in. I'm not sure why you guys can't read what I actually post and not try to read into it.

 

My simple point is that to get a 3 would be rewarding a good team for a bad schedule.

You keep bringing that up, and while yes, they probably would have a few more losses on the schedule, I don't think it would turn them into a 14-13 team and out of consideration the way you seem to be insinuating. They can only play what's in front of them, since it's likely that schools in the BCS conferences won't take their calls when Murray is seeking to upgrade its schedule.

 

Who said it would?

Don't be a moron. No one said that. It makes you look petty.

 

I suggest you check yourself... And this whole time you just keep using the only defense of "Big 10 schedule"...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.