February 12, 201214 yr Used to hate on Teague a little bit myself, but I always knew it would take time. No one can expect an 18 year old high school star to come in and run an offense perfectly right away. He's playing great basketball right now. If he continues to control the tempo and be a facilitator, the rest of the pieces will put themselves together. He figured out quickly that he doesn't need to try to score to win games. The points will come. The key is not turning the ball over.
February 12, 201214 yr Teague had his best game of the year IMO. The good thing is that has been a constant comment after the five or so games... He is playing well
February 13, 201214 yr I think the biggest transformation that we've seen is Teauge is that he isn't trying to do too much. He just runs the offense and gets his when the defense breaks down or the shot clock is running out. I'm not exactly sure what it is lately, but his assist:turnover ratio has to look pretty nice.
February 13, 201214 yr You can tell he takes a couple of shots a game that he should not, but if he plays the way he has been on both ends of the court, I do not have a problem with that. Getting Davis in foul trouble is critical for other teams; Teague is not far behind him.
February 13, 201214 yr Once again, Cal has proven what a GREAT coach he is when it comes to molding young point guards. If Cal has the physical skills, he is the master at changing a kid's mentality on what role he wants him to take on for the team. There is NO better coach today that relates to these young superstars than Coach Cal. He is outstanding at getting kids to "buy in".
February 13, 201214 yr You can tell he takes a couple of shots a game that he should not, but if he plays the way he has been on both ends of the court, I do not have a problem with that. Getting Davis in foul trouble is critical for other teams; Teague is not far behind him. I have no problem with him taking some of those shots. Some games he makes them and some games he is completely off. I believe it is important for him to have the confidence to take those shots. If teams notice he wont shoot, they will lay off him. A few weeks ago he was basically not taking shots he should be taken, but now it seems like he has the confidence to try some of the shots which I think is key. Some games it will go in, and some games it will be bricks haha.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.