Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee State 72 Murray State 68

Featured Replies

Canaan drops in 31 points, but it is his turnover when the game was at 69-68 with just under 4 seconds left that ends the last real threat they had to remain unbeaten.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

With 3.5 seconds left, I really didn't like the baseball pass attempt. There was a man on the thrower, so there was no clear look, and he never even attempted to move to get a better look. I would have rather seen a curl to get a man moving towards the basket with that amount of time.

 

Any guesses on how far Murray drops? I'm gonna go ahead and guess they go down to around 19th. I don't think they'll take them all the way out.

OVC officials just costed the league a top 10 team. That was a terrible loose ball foul with under a minute to go.

 

That being said, I stated 2-3 weeks ago that Murray State would lose. I told someone they'd lose at least 3 games and maybe even 4 and was laughed at.

With 3.5 seconds left, I really didn't like the baseball pass attempt. There was a man on the thrower, so there was no clear look, and he never even attempted to move to get a better look. I would have rather seen a curl to get a man moving towards the basket with that amount of time.

 

Any guesses on how far Murray drops? I'm gonna go ahead and guess they go down to around 19th. I don't think they'll take them all the way out.

 

I say they go down to #22

OVC officials just costed the league a top 10 team. That was a terrible loose ball foul with under a minute to go.

 

That being said, I stated 2-3 weeks ago that Murray State would lose. I told someone they'd lose at least 3 games and maybe even 4 and was laughed at.

 

Same thing my son told me.

Fun while it lasted. I thought they would go undefeated and lose in the OVC tourney first round.

OVC officials just costed the league a top 10 team. That was a terrible loose ball foul with under a minute to go.

 

That being said, I stated 2-3 weeks ago that Murray State would lose. I told someone they'd lose at least 3 games and maybe even 4 and was laughed at.

Same thing I have been saying for two months :D I have said for some time they were just finding ways to win. Some good coaching and some good fortune. Everyone knew the run would end at some point. It has been awesome publicity for the conference and University.

 

OVC officials do suck. It is beyond me how they are employed. It is not an excuse, just the reality of the situation. All teams have to play with it.

Canaan was having one of those nights from the field that have spoiled MSU fans shooting the ball. 7-10 from deep, 10-13 overall for 31 points. With that said, he was the reason MSU built a 13 point lead in the second half and was in control for a good chunk of the game, but he is also a big reason they lost. I counted 8 turnovers last night. They only credited him with 6 in the post-game coverage, but I counted more. With the exception of 1, these were all strips of the basketball where the ball was stolen from him. TSU had 15 steals for the night. That is amazing. Rest of the team was horrible from the field and it was MSU's worst defensive performance. It is debatable as to who played the worst down the stretch.

 

Quick turnaround tomorrow to take on their biggest rival, Austin Peay.

 

#7 ranked team with only 1 loss is now sitting firmly on the bubble :lol:

The pressure of remaining unbeaten was taking its toll on the Racers. So much exposure for a group that is not used to exposure... with a first year head coach. ESPN was here again this week filming another piece that is set to air tomorrow on Gameday (jinx). They have handled it all well, but some do not realize the type of support Murray has for its basketball team. It is like a mini-Lexington.

 

Time to refocus and flush the Peay. I hate Austin Peay, btw.

 

On the bright side Murray State was trending on twitter last night. :D

Has the injured Murray State player returned? I know they had a key player hurt a while back.

What are they going to be seeded now? If they lose to St. Mary's, I think get a double digit seed.

Murray did plenty to lose this game, especially in the closing minute. (shot selection, lack of rebounding, turnovers, extraaaaa long pass, etc.) But I will join those bashing the refs for a moment. Did anyone else see what I thought was a phantom foul earlier while TSU was shooting a 3 pointer and then goes to the line and hits them? To me that was a big point in the game and I just did not see the foul even on the replay.

Has the injured Murray State player returned? I know they had a key player hurt a while back.
Yes, Aska has returned. Last night was his first start. He only attempted 5 shots which shows a big problem in itself.
What are they going to be seeded now? If they lose to St. Mary's, I think get a double digit seed.
Right now they are a high single digit seed. 8 or 9. Another loss and they are 50/50 making the tournament as an at-large. The St. Mary's game is huge.
Same thing I have been saying for two months :D I have said for some time they were just finding ways to win. Some good coaching and some good fortune. Everyone knew the run would end at some point. It has been awesome publicity for the conference and University.

 

OVC officials do suck. It is beyond me how they are employed. It is not an excuse, just the reality of the situation. All teams have to play with it.

 

That foul with under a minute to go was just absolutely a terrible call. Not to mention the foul called against the big guy when the TSU player ran 5 feet, then dropped like he'd been picked off by a sniper. The worst part about that call is that the refs actually went to the monitor and watched the player flop, THEN still called a flagrant foul. Unbelievable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.