Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee State 72 Murray State 68

Featured Replies

Murray did plenty to lose this game, especially in the closing minute. (shot selection, lack of rebounding, turnovers, extraaaaa long pass, etc.) But I will join those bashing the refs for a moment. Did anyone else see what I thought was a phantom foul earlier while TSU was shooting a 3 pointer and then goes to the line and hits them? To me that was a big point in the game and I just did not see the foul even on the replay.
I have no clue what that foul was about. The TSU player was out of control.
  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That foul with under a minute to go was just absolutely a terrible call. Not to mention the foul called against the big guy when the TSU player ran 5 feet, then dropped like he'd been picked off by a sniper. The worst part about that call is that the refs actually went to the monitor and watched the player flop, THEN still called a flagrant foul. Unbelievable.
I cannot think what the foul was called. Some form of a technical foul. Daniel gave him a shove, but the TSU guy went down Euro soccer style. What also confused me is if he was hurt enough (as he was fakingly holding his elbow) to stop play, they did not even take him out of the game. It was strange.

Here is the final Cannan drive when MSU was down 1 with 4 seconds left and stripped of the ball. Oddly Cannan was called for this foul.

 

ic.JPG

Can somebody put a link up of the calls in question please?

I justed checked out the officials on that game and I would let them referee any game I EVER coached. Bert Smith is a big-time official that you will see working in the SEC or Big 10 Saturday. Bret Smith is a good official as well. Ford Branch will be working SEC, Big 12 next year.

Right now they are a high single digit seed. 8 or 9. Another loss and they are 50/50 making the tournament as an at-large. The St. Mary's game is huge.

 

I hate saying this, but I think Murray is in real danger of missing the tournament if they don't win the conference tournament. If they win the rest of their conference games, only dropping the St. Mary's game, I think they're safe. Lose another OVC game and this team is in real jeopardy.

Can somebody put a link up of the calls in question please?

I justed checked out the officials on that game and I would let them referee any game I EVER coached. Bert Smith is a big-time official that you will see working in the SEC or Big 10 Saturday. Bret Smith is a good official as well. Ford Branch will be working SEC, Big 12 next year.

 

Correction: Bert Smith works SEC and Big 12, not Big 10.

Can somebody put a link up of the calls in question please?

I justed checked out the officials on that game and I would let them referee any game I EVER coached. Bert Smith is a big-time official that you will see working in the SEC or Big 10 Saturday. Bret Smith is a good official as well. Ford Branch will be working SEC, Big 12 next year.

 

Here's a video showing some. Hard to tell on the last drive. Bad angle.

Here's a video showing some. Hard to tell on the last drive. Bad angle.

 

Don't see video.

Murray played the final minute of the game about as worse as one could possibly play it.

 

 

Unless your name is Tyler Zeller.

Don't see video.

 

My fault.

 

^ He lost the ball and kinda feel on the other guy during the loose ball. What's the big deal?

^ He lost the ball and kinda feel on the other guy during the loose ball. What's the big deal?
I do not see much wrong with the call as much as the missed grab before it happened. The side angle shot I posted in post #18 is what the gripe was about. The refs were not the reason Murray lost the game. TSU made the plays and MSU did not. Simple as that.
I hate saying this, but I think Murray is in real danger of missing the tournament if they don't win the conference tournament. If they win the rest of their conference games, only dropping the St. Mary's game, I think they're safe. Lose another OVC game and this team is in real jeopardy.
As it should be. That is what I was trying to say in my post.

 

It is odd because they had a world of pressure upon them to go unbeaten. Now they still have a lot of pressure to ensure they are safely in the tournament. That type of pressure is not normally experienced by an OVC team. Heck, it has never happened to the best of my knowledge.

Not sure if I said this yet, but Tennessee State is playing great basketball. They've won 6 in a row and 8 of last 9 games. They are talented and playing well.

^ The average RPI of those 8 teams is over 220. Lets not give them to much credit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.