Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kobe vs. Magic

Who's Better? 4 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's Better?

    • Magic Johnson
      25%
      1
    • Kobe Bryant
      75%
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is the debate on Mike and Mike this morning. Who's better?

 

I say Magic, but I may be biased with my total dislike for Kobe Bryant.

They were two totally different type of players. If I had to choose, I'd say Kobe. But that's my young biased, I never saw Magic in his prime.

Kobe all day, every day. Kobe is one of the top 2-3 players of all-time. Magic, as great as he was, is not in the same discussion.

Besides both being Lakers, I'd ask what do these two have in common?

 

They both played with two of the best Centers to play the game and they played second fiddle to them while on those teams haha!

Besides both being Lakers, I'd ask what do these two have in common?

 

They both have 5 rings. For now.

I believe Magic was 5-3 in NBA Finals, and Kobe is currently 5-2. So, both have 5 rings.

 

Some stats...

 

Magic

19.5 ppg

7.2 rpg

11.2 apg/3.9 TO

1.9 spg

0.4 bpg

52.0% FG (30.3% 3Pt)

84.8% FT

MVP - 1986-87, 1988-89, 1989-90

Finals MVP - 1980, 1982, 1987

 

Kobe

25.4 ppg

5.3 rpg

4.7 apg/2.9 TO

1.5 spg

0.5 bpg

45.4% FG (33.8% 3Pt)

83.7% FT

MVP - 2007-08

Finals MVP - 2009, 2010

I believe Magic was 5-3 in NBA Finals, and Kobe is currently 5-2. So, both have 5 rings.

 

Some stats...

 

Magic

19.5 ppg

7.2 rpg

11.2 apg/3.9 TO

1.9 spg

0.4 bpg

52.0% FG (30.3% 3Pt)

84.8% FT

MVP - 1986-87, 1988-89, 1989-90

Finals MVP - 1980, 1982, 1987

 

Kobe

25.4 ppg

5.3 rpg

4.7 apg/2.9 TO

1.5 spg

0.5 bpg

45.4% FG (33.8% 3Pt)

83.7% FT

MVP - 2007-08

Finals MVP - 2009, 2010

 

Statistically it's a lot closer than I thought it would be and maybe makes me lean closer to Magic. It also leads me to believe that my youthful eyes were not deceiving me when I watched him play.

Like Magic said last night...When it is all said and done no one is going to the the entire body of work that Kobe is going to have for his entire career. I think he will get another ring at some point. He may not be what he once was but I have a feeling he teams up with someone else to pick up #6 which would put him past Magic IMO.

Kobe all day, every day. Kobe is one of the top 2-3 players of all-time. Magic, as great as he was, is not in the same discussion.

 

Check the stats 5 Wide posted. I think there is plenty of discussion.

 

Kareem was a huge part of his early career but what he did in Game 6 his rookie year AT Philly was a performance for the ages.

Like Magic said last night...When it is all said and done no one is going to the the entire body of work that Kobe is going to have for his entire career. I think he will get another ring at some point. He may not be what he once was but I have a feeling he teams up with someone else to pick up #6 which would put him past Magic IMO.

 

I expect Magic to say those things. He's more humble than he used to be.

 

I would also be interested to see the teams that Kobe beat for those rings versus the ones Magic had to defeat.

Old folks(30+ qualifies) will say Magic. More people like Magic and despise Kobe so their bias will say Magic. I have seen both play in their prime. I love both. I love Kobe more. My bias leads me to say Kobe. He won the same amount of titles with less Hall of Famers surrounding him than what Magic had. This is another you-can't-go-wrong-with-either-one scenario. I think this is more of a personal preference question. You are taking about two of the top 5 players of all time. Not just Lakers....of all players of all time.

^

MJ

Kareem

Kobe

Oscar

Bird

 

 

I don't see Magic as a top 5....Top 10? Probably, certainly not top 5 though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.