Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 66 Morehead State 60

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Murray didn't grab the lead until late, and had to hang on. Morehead led by as many as 11 in the first half and by 9 with something like 6 minutes to go in the game.

 

Entertaining game. Press row was a nightmare, though, as it kept losing power.

 

Racers are 19-0 now.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you on press row, Swamp?

Enjoyed watching the game via Espn3. 19-0 and maybe moving up in the polls this week. Would love for Murray State to earn a 2 or 3 seed.

 

Go Racers....

Enjoyed watching the game via Espn3. 19-0 and maybe moving up in the polls this week. Would love for Murray State to earn a 2 or 3 seed.

 

Go Racers....

I would also love a million dollars to fall from the sky.
Enjoyed watching the game via Espn3. 19-0 and maybe moving up in the polls this week. Would love for Murray State to earn a 2 or 3 seed.

 

Go Racers....

 

That would be nice but I think their strength of schedule was in the 200's. They could go undefeated and may only get a 5 seed and then you have the curse of 12's over 5's every year.

That would be nice but I think their strength of schedule was in the 200's. They could go undefeated and may only get a 5 seed and then you have the curse of 12's over 5's every year.
And their schedule strength is just an indictment of the conference. While not world beaters they have beaten some solid teams. @ Memphis was a good win. I do not care what their record is. Dayton at home they beat down. Southern Miss. was a good win. But once in conference that number obviously plummeted. The Bracket Buster games are announced next week. If they get St. Mary's, that will be 4 top 30 teams according to the RPI.
And their schedule strength is just an indictment of the conference. While not world beaters they have beaten some solid teams. @ Memphis was a good win. I do not care what their record is. Dayton at home they beat down. Southern Miss. was a good win. But once in conference that number plummeted.

 

If playing in a weaker conference affects Boise State and TCU in football, then unfortunately it should do the same to Murray State in basketball.

 

Even if they are undefeated I think they are a four seed at best.

Murray has definitely regressed since the Aska injury. I worry their mojo will not return even when he comes back.

If playing in a weaker conference affects Boise State and TCU in football, then unfortunately it should do the same to Murray State in basketball.

 

Even if they are undefeated I think they are a four seed at best.

I don't. I would not put them higher than a 6. That is a best case scenario. Only way they can go higher is win big on Bracket Buster day. That is not going to happen. St. Mary's is a lot better than Murray State.
I don't. I would not put them higher than a 6. That is a best case scenario. Only way they can go higher is win big on Bracket Buster day. That is not going to happen. St. Mary's is a lot better than Murray State.

 

According to the ESPN bracketbuster website, Murray St. Isn't one of the schools participating in this.

With all the paranoia and hype around Murray, this has now become like a rookie pitcher going in to the 6th inning with a no-hitter and four run lead. I want the streak to continue, but it will be good to alleviate the pressure, in my opinion.

 

Did anyone watch the All Access? It was cool minus the hillbilly bluegrass music ESPN decided to play to add on to the Kentucky stereotype.

Murray has definitely regressed since the Aska injury. I worry their mojo will not return even when he comes back.

 

What kind of injury does he have and when do they expect to have him back?

Didn't get to post from the game last night as there were Internet problems, etc.

 

Best crowd I've seen at Johnson Arena in a long long time. 6,036 was the official number and they were in the game throughout.

 

The officials really ruined an otherwise great game by calling 48 fouls and missing several obvious walking violations. The refs really hurt both teams several times.

 

Tyndall had a great defensive gameplan and Morehead was on top for 30 minutes. Then Drew Kelly picked up his 4th foul and the complexion of the game changed. The Racers won the final 10 minutes and picked up a huge road win.

 

I wouldn't call Murray State one of the best 10-12 teams in the nation but they are cetainly deserving of their ranking until they lose (if they lose). I personally think an undefeated run should get them a 4-5 seed, but you never know.

 

Canaan is the real deal. A very good player.

^ when i watched the highlights on sportscenter you could tell the fans were really.into it. I thought one of the fans in the front row was having a heart attack when Murray took the lead lol. You're right about Canaan. The kid is legit. I think if his D comes along he will make a pro roster. Also, watching him on the all access made me realize he's a very well spoken guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.