Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 66 Morehead State 60

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the game, Donnie Tyndall said this Murray State team is not as good as Murray State 2 seasons ago and Morehead State last season. I think I agree with him.

What kind of injury does he have and when do they expect to have him back?
Broken finger. A minimum of 6 games. Last night was 5 games.

By the way, Prohm said Aska will hopefully return for next Saturday's game against Eastern Illinois.

After the game, Donnie Tyndall said this Murray State team is not as good as Murray State 2 seasons ago and Morehead State last season. I think I agree with him.
No doubt.
After the game, Donnie Tyndall said this Murray State team is not as good as Murray State 2 seasons ago and Morehead State last season. I think I agree with him.

 

I do too, however they're doing something right. They play with a lot of heart and effort, and i think it proves their coach is really solid. I like this streak more than any in recent years because they weren't supposed to be doing this whasoever. We should be talking about if they are going to making the NIT, not can they get a 3-4 seed in the big dance. I'm enjoying the ride.

 

Also, no wonder the big schools don't want to come to mid majors to play. They have a huge advantage because they practice in their game gym. Thats one advantage over a powerhouse like UK, etc.

The crowd last night consistenly made more noise than Rupp Arena normally does. Rupp can be louder, but it's not throughout the entire 40 minutes.

Didn't get to post from the game last night as there were Internet problems, etc.

 

Best crowd I've seen at Johnson Arena in a long long time. 6,036 was the official number and they were in the game throughout.

 

The officials really ruined an otherwise great game by calling 48 fouls and missing several obvious walking violations. The refs really hurt both teams several times.

 

Tyndall had a great defensive gameplan and Morehead was on top for 30 minutes. Then Drew Kelly picked up his 4th foul and the complexion of the game changed. The Racers won the final 10 minutes and picked up a huge road win.

 

I wouldn't call Murray State one of the best 10-12 teams in the nation but they are cetainly deserving of their ranking until they lose (if they lose). I personally think an undefeated run should get them a 4-5 seed, but you never know.

 

Canaan is the real deal. A very good player.

The refs in the OVC are pitiful. Though I believe it is becoming a trend nationwide.

 

Murray was stuck on 4 points and 11 turnovers through the first 10 minutes of the game and got down by (only) 11. I think Morehead missed their opportunity at that moment to end the game. They let Murray hang around.

 

Best thing about Canaan is that he did force the action. He only took 10 shots but still managed 20 points.

 

Murray has a lot of deficiencies. The two biggest being their size and rebounding. A couple of major strengths are their shooting and getting to the FT line.

This is one of the shots that really propelled Murray to the win:

 

Here's Drew Kelly beating the first half buzzer to give Morehead momentum heading into the locker room:

 

Those are good shots, Wireman. Glad the arena was packed. This much exposure has been great for the conference.

Those are good shots, Wireman. Glad the arena was packed. This much exposure has been great for the conference.

 

I'll have some more stuff later, have to run out of the office for a few.

 

By the way, Joe B. Hall, Mike DeCourcy and Pat Forde were at the game last night. Always good to see national writers at an OVC game.

  • Author
Were you on press row, Swamp?

 

:D

 

I was watching on ESPN3 with the sound up for once. They kept loosing power on press row and the guys doing the pbp kept disappearing. At one point in the second half they acctually spliced in cell phone to get the sound back.

:D

 

I was watching on ESPN3 with the sound up for once. They kept loosing power on press row and the guys doing the pbp kept disappearing. At one point in the second half they acctually spliced in cell phone to get the sound back.

They made it sound as if it was an entire press row problem. Personally, our coverage is absolutely terrible. I am grateful every game is televised now, but it is flat out embarrassing sometimes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.