January 18, 201214 yr Keep pressing Mike Anderson, keep pressing.That was about the worst game plan I have ever seen. If at first you do not succeed, keep trying it for the rest of the game? UK's best effort, easily. But a lot of it had to do with how terrible Arkansas's game plan was. Defensively when UK buckles down they are tough to beat. If they defend and rebound well, they will not lose.
January 18, 201214 yr The Cats effort was fantastic last night. Great job on the boards, on defense, and running the court. That sums it all up right there for me. Effort obviously being the key word. If Kentucky can get this type of effort from everybody night in night out it will be tough to beat them no matter how bad they play. I think that's the one thing that has been an achilles heel for this team, giving max effort on a nightly basis. Dykes said something about Cal using Alabama football as a motivating tool telling his guys that the Bama players all wanted to play to the best of their potential against LSU and they did not stop the entire night. If Cal can get these guys bought in and wanting to play to their potential every night it's going to be game set match not just for the SEC, but anyone else who wants to try it. Most of the poor performances this year IMO have been more because of lack of effort and lack of motivation and intensity rather than just being bad.
January 18, 201214 yr That sums it all up right there for me. Effort obviously being the key word. If Kentucky can get this type of effort from everybody night in night out it will be tough to beat them no matter how bad they play. I think that's the one thing that has been an achilles heel for this team, giving max effort on a nightly basis. Dykes said something about Cal using Alabama football as a motivating tool telling his guys that the Bama players all wanted to play to the best of their potential against LSU and they did not stop the entire night. If Cal can get these guys bought in and wanting to play to their potential every night it's going to be game set match not just for the SEC, but anyone else who wants to try it. Most of the poor performances this year IMO have been more because of lack of effort and lack of motivation and intensity rather than just being bad. I completely agree dolamite. But who is the guy that stirs it? When he's going hard and giving maximum effort, its contagious to the team? It's not MKG, because he plays hard every second he's on the floor and it doesn't always spread. I think its either Jones or Miller and I'm not sure which one.
January 18, 201214 yr I completely agree dolamite. But who is the guy that stirs it? When he's going hard and giving maximum effort, its contagious to the team? It's not MKG, because he plays hard every second he's on the floor and it doesn't always spread. I think its either Jones or Miller and I'm not sure which one. I agree. It may be just a little of both. Seems like when TJ is really into it and pulling boards, blocking shots, scoring inside, and flexing this team is on another level. Same can be said when Miller is aggressively driving the ball to the lane and making things happen. When Jones and Miller try to match MKG's energy this team is sick.
January 18, 201214 yr ^I loved hearing about how Cal had a meeting with Miller, Jones, and Lamb about how this is their team, and they needed to take charge more. Of course, hearing it once would've sufficed, but Jimmy felt it necessary to mention it every time one of those three scored. :lol:
January 18, 201214 yr ^I loved hearing about how Cal had a meeting with Miller, Jones, and Lamb about how this is their team, and they needed to take charge more. Of course, hearing it once would've sufficed, but Jimmy felt it necessary to mention it every time one of those three scored. :lol:I really want to like Jimmy because he seems like a nice guy but dang he makes it hard.
January 18, 201214 yr At his current pace, if UK played in the maximum games possible (40), Davis would come up 9 short with 198.
January 18, 201214 yr That tough win at Tennessee gave the team confidence. Don't undervalue those kinds of wins.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.