Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Ark Double Foul: The Dreaded Blarge

Featured Replies

Just show some stones guys...make a call and live with it. You can't call a double foul on a block/charge. Officiating is terrible lately.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just show some stones guys...make a call and live with it. You can't call a double foul on a block/charge. Officiating is terrible lately.

 

By rule you do, has nothing to do with "stones".

I thought the foul was the reach in by the player Teague was driving against and then Teague charged into the other. I could be wrong though.

I thought the foul was the reach in by the player Teague was driving against and then Teague charged into the other. I could be wrong though.

 

So it was a dead ball charge?

How do you know they went to the arrow?

 

Because the jump ball after this call went to Ark. It would have gone to KY otherwise.

 

Tip -> UK

Jump -> Ark

Stupid call -> UK

Jump -> Ark

Jump -> UK

2nd half -> Ark

I didn't understand it at all when they called it. I appreciate the explanation Clizzy, but that just seems wrong. I've seen double fouls, heck I was notoroious for them in high school. I'd try and get tangled with Doellman, Brock, Neltner, and etc. because a giving them a foul hurt them more than it hurt me. But I've never seen a block/charge call like that. It might be in the rule book, but I think that one is ridiculous.

By rule you do, has nothing to do with "stones".

 

By rule, you do what?

That makes no sense at all. (Not your explaination, just the rule) You can't have the guy getting called for the block also picking up a charge. It's either a block or a charge, not both. Should be a fine for stupidity.

 

Judgment call

As I have said, I have given up trying to understand charge and block calls. I just consider it a gift now if a charge is not whistled.

  • Author
By rule, you do what?

 

When there is a double whistle ie one official calls a block and the other calls a charge, by rule, you administer fouls to both and go to the point of interruption.

 

I'd have to see the video again but I thought the foul happened before Teague released the ball which means POI would have been UK possession. However, if Mobaar is correct and it went to the arrow that means they felt the foul happened after the ball was released.

 

Regardless, they went by the rulebook.

  • Author
I didn't understand it at all when they called it. I appreciate the explanation Clizzy, but that just seems wrong. I've seen double fouls, heck I was notoroious for them in high school. I'd try and get tangled with Doellman, Brock, Neltner, and etc. because a giving them a foul hurt them more than it hurt me. But I've never seen a block/charge call like that. It might be in the rule book, but I think that one is ridiculous.

 

So you take a charge from Doellman but one official calls it on you and I call it on Doellman. How do you think it should be handled?

  • Author
So it was a dead ball charge?

 

It couldn't have been what hja thought. If it had been it would have only been a foul on the reach. The only time you call a foul after the ball becomes dead is if you think the foul was intentional and/or flagrant.

So you take a charge from Doellman but one official calls it on you and I call it on Doellman. How do you think it should be handled?

 

What I was referring too was locking of arms/elbows when boxing out. We both make it to the floor and a ref doesn't know what happened, they would give us a double foul. It happened all the time.

 

I think the two officials should come together and discuss it and one wins out. That's what I believe should happen at least, I know the rulebook says differently. I just don't think it should be possible that it is both.

  • Author
What I was referring too was locking of arms/elbows when boxing out. We both make it to the floor and a ref doesn't know what happened, they would give us a double foul. It happened all the time.

 

I think the two officials should come together and discuss it and one wins out. That's what I believe should happen at least, I know the rulebook says differently. I just don't think it should be possible that it is both.

 

Oh, I watched you play. I know what you tried to do.

 

So I come out strong with a charge call and then my partner gets me to change my mind. How do you explain that the the coach of the defensive team? What might be a good explanation?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.