Brock - Campbell

Schuh - CCH

Bolden - Holmes

Galvin - CCH

Moeves - Walton

Lyons - CCH

Hedger- Dixie

Watts - Conner

Just wondering why you would pick Brock from Campbell County and leave freshman Blake Losey and Jake Franzen both starting JV off the list.

How many of these kids start or play varsity? Hard to compare a frosh that is getting varsity minutes on a good team to a kid that is averaging 10 points in a frosh game. There are some solid players, but not quite the class there was last year.

Very well put! Many on this long list of players are doing amazing things on their frosh teams. Then there are a few on that list that were in the spotlight their 8th grade year and have been pulled up to JV and Varsity, never even touching the frosh floor.

Those frosh players are competing with older JV and Varsity teammates for game time, and the ball, as often that "don't pass to the freshman" mentality arises with their older teammates. (Exception, MacDonald).

As TAC pointed out, last year's frosh class was very strong, so any frosh pulled up to the JV and Varsity level has to be pretty good, because the NKY Soph class is very good!

So if you are looking for the frosh standouts, you have to look beyond the kids that are scoring 10 points in their frosh games and check out the ones who are working out daily with the Juniors and Seniors, even if they are not scoring all the points.

Uncle is former CovCath grad and former Beechwood Head Basketball Coach Rick Shumate. Smart player, driven to succeed, has a nose for the ball and is a pure shooter. Has a good basketball body and hates to lose.

BTW everybody talks about Bo Schuh but his cousin Joe, is one of the deadliest three points Frosh shooter I have seen!

We will be talking about Shuh, Galvin and Shumate come baseball season as well.

I am more interested to be honest in learning about the top Frosh who arent starting Varstiy. I am just curious about the kids who are playing both Frosh/JV or just JV. More interested in what this class has to offer as a whole rather than the individual stud who is already playing Varsity. I normally already know about those kids.

Is this the dark haired pg? If so, certainly in the top, but doesnt have much around him.

That is him. Definitely the best on the team, wouldn't say he is one of the top players in NKY. With two young PG (Pouncy, a jr, and Castleman, a soph), you may not see much of an impact from him until his senior year.

I would say Macdonald and Stanley are atop the Freshman class right now in regards to individual skill for the thier position. Shcuh is also a really good player, but Im not sure what his natural position is yet. Plays some in the post, has the body of a wing, and can handle the ball decently. I think he only has the potential to get much better. Stanley is pretty much the 6th man coming off the bench on Boone varsity. And, Macdonalds minutes and production speak for themselves. Also, cant forget about Connor Kunstek at St. Henry, but he'll have to grow a bit more IMO if he continues to play the post.

In terms of "potential," I really like Hedger (dixie JV), Schreck (dixie frosh), Bennett (SK JV), Franzen and Losey (CCHS JV), Galvin (CCH), Bolden (Holmes JV), and Moeves (Walton JV), Liechty (Cooper). Really solid players with room to grow and get better.

Just top as a Freshman. Certianly not in all of NKY yet. A long way to go.

That is him. Definitely the best on the team, wouldn't say he is one of the top players in NKY. With two young PG (Pouncy, a jr, and Castleman, a soph), you may not see much of an impact from him until his senior year.

Brenden Stanley-- Boone - Starts JV and plays varsity

Alex Brownell-- Ryle

Brett Mayberry-- Boone

Austin Schreck-- Dixie - Plays JV

Carson Bennett-- SK

Laine Harrett-- Highlands

Grant Moeves-- Walton - Starts JV

Bo Schuh-- CovCath

Drew McDonald-- NCC- Starts Varsity

Andrew Hedger-- Dixie

Matt Mullins-- SK

James Bolden-- Holmes

Conner Kunstek-- St. Henry

Luke Marksberry-- Ryle

Jon Liechty-- Cooper

Nic Watts-- Conner- Starts JV

Evan Lyons-- CovCath

Noah Galvin-- CovCath

Kenny Potter-- Holmes

Brayden Andersen-- SK

Kyle Doughtery-- Walton - Starts JV and plays varsity

John Eblin-- Campbell County

Connor Brock-- Campbell County

Blake Losey-- Campbell County - Starts JV

Nick Niehaus - Dixie - Starts JV and plays varsity

Noah Robinson -SK- Starts JV and plays varsity

Updated the list with what I have knowledge of to date.

Brenden Stanley-- Boone - Starts JV and plays varsity

Alex Brownell-- Ryle

Brett Mayberry-- Boone

Austin Schreck-- Dixie - Plays JV

Carson Bennett-- SK

Laine Harrett-- Highlands

Grant Moeves-- Walton - Starts JV

Bo Schuh-- CovCath

Drew McDonald-- NCC- Starts Varsity

Andrew Hedger-- Dixie

Matt Mullins-- SK

James Bolden-- Holmes

Conner Kunstek-- St. Henry

Luke Marksberry-- Ryle

Jon Liechty-- Cooper

Nic Watts-- Conner- Starts JV

Evan Lyons-- CovCath

Noah Galvin-- CovCath

Kenny Potter-- Holmes

Brayden Andersen-- SK

Kyle Doughtery-- Walton - Starts JV and plays varsity

John Eblin-- Campbell County

Connor Brock-- Campbell County

Blake Losey-- Campbell County - Starts JV

Nick Niehaus - Dixie - Starts JV and plays varsity

Noah Robinson -SK- Starts JV and plays varsity

Updated the list with what I have knowledge of to date.

Blake Losey is getting some varsity time

Jake Franzen starts JV and had some varsity time