Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The "Xavier Way" Back In Action

Featured Replies

They're frauds in the sense that the university preaches the "higher standards" at X compared to other places. Then they turn around and let their basketball players act like thugs, with little to no consequences. The whole "higher standards" thing at the University is a complete joke. It doesn't exist. Sure, other places (UK, UC, etc.) do the same stuff, but they don't try to act like they're the "goodie goodie, wholesome" school that X tries to portray.

 

The only thing I've ever seen that leads to the higher standards issue is graduation. Anyone that thinks X kids are somehow different than others has their head in the ground (or somewhere else).

 

Your generalizations still haven't backed up your point that X players and Mack "don't get it."

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please tell me you're not equating selling/buying drugs and failing drug tests with a fight and some words that offended some.

 

Come on.

 

Please tell me you really don't think these "thugs" haven't ever smoked some weed.

Please tell me you really don't think these "thugs" haven't ever smoked some weed.

 

Big difference these days between smoking some and getting caught smoking some.

Please tell me you really don't think these "thugs" haven't ever smoked some weed.

 

Not sure why "thugs" is being used here.

 

I am not naive. You're implying it's condoned by X.

 

For the record, I don't believe a kid should be dismissed for one incident of weed or underage drinking.

"Thugs" is probably being used because that's what Tu said they were. "Gangstas" same thing. If your going to act like it, call yourself one, then back it up. Which they haven't as a team. Maybe Lyons should focus less on "trash talk" and more on team bball, and maybe X could start winning again.

I have heard more than a few XU fans complain about the trash talking. I do think it is an issue for them. These fans like the XU image and think the trash talking detracts from it.

Right. Go to the Final Four and you could trash talk their mom's.

Right. Go to the Final Four and you could trash talk their mom's.

 

True. None of them are giving up tickets. :lol:

 

But I don't doubt they pinch their wallets a little tighter if asked for a donation. I have specifically heard a couple of them say they aren't giving money. I think it is an issue Xavier needs to be aware of. Image is a very big issue to most XU fans I know. They like holding XU out as a higher standard. Trash talking flies in the face of that.

"Thugs" is probably being used because that's what Tu said they were. .

 

Incorrect.

True. None of them are giving up tickets. :lol:

 

But I don't doubt they pinch their wallets a little tighter if asked for a donation. I have specifically heard a couple of them say they aren't giving money. I think it is an issue Xavier needs to be aware of. Image is a very big issue to most XU fans I know. They like holding XU out as a higher standard. Trash talking flies in the face of that.

 

When people start complaining about MJ and Bird trash talking I'll start listening to the now hollow and self-serving complaints.

I love trash talking and don't look down on any player or school for trash talking. I love it.

I love trash talking and don't look down on any player or school for trash talking. I love it.

 

....as long as you do not use "gangsta" which is somehow being elevated to criminal-like actions.

Bottom line is X doesn't need Lyons running up and down the floor trash talking fans and players of a real bad team after all that has happened to them this season....Fordham is not in the elite teams in the nation and Lyons doesn't need the bad publicity....another very poor choice by an X player......

Bottom line is X doesn't need Lyons running up and down the floor trash talking fans and players of a real bad team after all that has happened to them this season....Fordham is not in the elite teams in the nation and Lyons doesn't need the bad publicity....another very poor choice by an X player......

 

He doesn't need bad publicity.

 

I think he does need some trash talking in his game. It gets his juices flowing. It's a matter of how much is enough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.