January 12, 201214 yr A couple of other draft issues. Levi (Lookout) Jones, Chris (I'm not Steven Jackson) Perry, Kenny (legs in) Irons, etc. The draft has been better, but I still am less than confident that Mike Brown will knock it out of the park.
January 12, 201214 yr Author A couple of other draft issues. Levi (Lookout) Jones, Chris (I'm not Steven Jackson) Perry, Kenny (legs in) Irons, etc. The draft has been better, but I still am less than confident that Mike Brown will knock it out of the park. Out of the ones you mentioned only Chris Perry was a bad pick. Levi Jones was a really good LT before he hurt that knee in 2006 I believe. After that is when he became lookout. Kenny Irons I believe would have been a good one, however he tore his knee up in his first carry ever in the preseason game. So I get what your saying though, nothing ever is a sure thing with Mike Brown. However those picks you mentioned, only Chris Perry was a bad one. Because they should have taken Steven Jackson anyways.
January 23, 201214 yr So going along with the "Big Arm Theory" which QB left in the AFC playoffs, has the cannon to beat Brady? Only Flacco has a good enough arm, but he's not that good IMO. I personally will be surprised if NE doesn't win the AFC. Baltimore also has Ray Rice which gives them a fighters chance and allows Flacco to use play action to open up some parts of the field that his arm being dangerous alone may not have opened up. NE is very happy that Ben isn't waiting for him this week. Crickets from mal...
January 23, 201214 yr Crickets from mal... Not sure what you are saying was proven yesterday, but I would say Andy Dalton's arm is as strong as Tom Brady's. And I would say Flacco's arm is definitely stronger than Brady's.
January 23, 201214 yr So going along with the "Big Arm Theory" which QB left in the AFC playoffs, has the cannon to beat Brady? Only Flacco has a good enough arm, but he's not that good IMO. I personally will be surprised if NE doesn't win the AFC. Baltimore also has Ray Rice which gives them a fighters chance and allows Flacco to use play action to open up some parts of the field that his arm being dangerous alone may not have opened up. NE is very happy that Ben isn't waiting for him this week. Not sure what you are saying was proven yesterday, but I would say Andy Dalton's arm is as strong as Tom Brady's. And I would say Flacco's arm is definitely stronger than Brady's. In this discussion Dalton has been compared to Montana and Brees and his arm has been called as good as Brady's. That's pretty funny.
January 23, 201214 yr In this discussion Dalton has been compared to Montana and Brees and his arm has been called as good as Brady's. That's pretty funny. I don't see Brady as a strong armed QB. He rarely throws the long pass. He rarely throws the deep out. Where would you rank Brady in arm strength among the top QB's? I also would say there is little doubt that Flacco has a stronger arm than Brady. I am not sure on the details of this discussion but if it is that the stronger the arm, the better the QB then I definitely disagree with that.
January 23, 201214 yr I brought this up in the Tom Brady thread, but the SI two weeks ago had a nice article on Tom Brady while he was a Michigan. They said how weak Tom Brady's arm was coming out of college and part of the reason he wasn't drafted very high. I don't know about you, but I would take Tom Brady on my team any day with his weak arm.
January 23, 201214 yr I brought this up in the Tom Brady thread, but the SI two weeks ago had a nice article on Tom Brady while he was a Michigan. They said how weak Tom Brady's arm was coming out of college and part of the reason he wasn't drafted very high. I don't know about you, but I would take Tom Brady on my team any day with his weak arm. If you look at the top 5 QB's in the NFL - Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning and Manning (if healthy), none of them are in the top 5 in strongest arms. The top QB's who also have the strongest arms are probably Stafford and Roethlisberger. On the other hand, the QB's with the strongest arms are probably Cutler, Freeman, Jamarcus Russell, Vick.
January 23, 201214 yr Crickets from mal... I think Brady sort of answers the debate. 6th round pick, decent arm, but hardly a cannon. How can he win the big one?
January 23, 201214 yr Author I think Brady sort of answers the debate. 6th round pick, decent arm, but hardly a cannon. How can he win the big one? Not to mention obviously all kinds of flaws since he fell to the 2nd round. We hear all the time about how Dalton fell to the 2nd round for a reason, so that shows he won't ever be really good. I can't imagine how many flaws Brady must have been perceived coming in to have, it's amazing that he is now in his 5th Super Bowl with all those flaws. It's also amazing how top QB's like Brady look normal when playing top defenses, but Dalton doesn't get any slack for how he looks against top defenses and doing it as a rookie.
January 23, 201214 yr I don't see Brady as a strong armed QB. He rarely throws the long pass. He rarely throws the deep out. Where would you rank Brady in arm strength among the top QB's? I also would say there is little doubt that Flacco has a stronger arm than Brady. I am not sure on the details of this discussion but if it is that the stronger the arm, the better the QB then I definitely disagree with that. Brady had the best year in the history of NFL QB's throwing the ball deep in 2007.
January 23, 201214 yr I'd say there's a better chance Dalton is a poor mans Joe Flacco than a poor man's Montana, Brees or Brady. Jeesh. All I have said was his arm isn't that great. Not that he isn't good at everything else.
January 23, 201214 yr Not to mention obviously all kinds of flaws since he fell to the 2nd round. We hear all the time about how Dalton fell to the 2nd round for a reason, so that shows he won't ever be really good. I can't imagine how many flaws Brady must have been perceived coming in to have, it's amazing that he is now in his 5th Super Bowl with all those flaws. It's also amazing how top QB's like Brady look normal when playing top defenses, but Dalton doesn't get any slack for how he looks against top defenses and doing it as a rookie. I'm so tired of you. I have never said he should look like Hall of Famers Brees or Montana every game every throw. I've questioned if he has a good enough arm to make all of the throws. He also was terrible against the Rams and Cardinals. Where were they on your neat little list of good defenses?
January 23, 201214 yr Brady had the best year in the history of NFL QB's throwing the ball deep in 2007. Randy Moss had a little to do with that. Brady has never wowed anyone with his arm strength. You need to reverse field. Tom Brady just doesn't woork for your argument.
January 23, 201214 yr I'd say there's a better chance Dalton is a poor mans Joe Flacco than a poor man's Montana, Brees or Brady. Jeesh. All I have said was his arm isn't that great. Not that he isn't good at everything else. You said he can't win the big game because of his arm strength.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.