Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adrian Peterson Tears ACL and MCL

Featured Replies

Ya definitely wouldn't want to tear that with the ACL, that combo would be pretty hard to come back from.
Didn't Palmer tear all 3?

He did basically what Petersen did, similar to what I did. ACL, MCL and some meniscus damage.

What did Welker tear?

 

ACL, MCL, it's unfortunately a common injury among skilled position players in football such as running backs or wide receivers.

There's no guarentee that AP does come back from this...everyone heals differently. It's a true shame. If he plays next year, I say it won't be until Nov.

 

One thing to remember, is they do have better doctor's and rehab facilities that any of us civilians get to use. I'd imagine they use a cadaver, like they did for Palmer. Most of us would have a piece of our hamstring taken out for the new ACL.

I had a cadaver tendon used when I tore my ACL. Made for sense to me.

This is a bummer! Don't like the Vikings but it's hard not to love to watch him play! It's going to be interesting to see what Gearhart can do with a full season.

The BGP league is a keeper league, and ALL DAY has been my mainstay......I have work to do. I wish AP the very best. I'll pray for him. I could care less about my Fantasy well being. He seems as if he's a tremendous person.

There's no guarentee that AP does come back from this...everyone heals differently. It's a true shame. If he plays next year, I say it won't be until Nov.

 

One thing to remember, is they do have better doctor's and rehab facilities that any of us civilians get to use. I'd imagine they use a cadaver, like they did for Palmer. Most of us would have a piece of our hamstring taken out for the new ACL.

 

Not to critique, but not sure they used a cadaver for Palmer, maybe I'm thinking of Welker. Like you said I'm basing my time frame on the fact that AP get millions to A) stay healthy and B) get back to being a beast. Most of us wake up after an injury and say I have work for 8-10 hours a day, rehab and then whatever. AP get rehab for 8-10 hours a day then whatever.

Article on ESPN says the Vikings are hoping that AP is able to start week 1 of next season.

There's no guarentee that AP does come back from this...everyone heals differently. It's a true shame. If he plays next year, I say it won't be until Nov.

 

One thing to remember, is they do have better doctor's and rehab facilities that any of us civilians get to use. I'd imagine they use a cadaver, like they did for Palmer. Most of us would have a piece of our hamstring taken out for the new ACL.

 

Very well said. The other thing we have to remember is these guys don't have 40 hour per week jobs. They have a ton of time to rehab, that is their job after injury to get healthy, that's why they come back quickly. Still an ACL is an ACL some never come back but most do. It usually just takes 2 years to fully recover physically and mentally.

Very well said. The other thing we have to remember is these guys don't have 40 hour per week jobs. They have a ton of time to rehab, that is their job after injury to get healthy, that's why they come back quickly. Still an ACL is an ACL some never come back but most do. It usually just takes 2 years to fully recover physically and mentally.

 

The psychological aspect is the hardest part IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.