Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Changes at Catholic Mass

Featured Replies

People, don't like change. My 26 year old daughter refuses to say the changes and is holding true to the old ones.

I'll work on her. :cool:

I'm also really interested in seeing how the C & E Catholics react at Christmas Mass.

You mean the "Chreasters"?

The first week or two were quite comical. Oddly enough, it seems like some of our (rather hardcore) ushers are among those having the most difficulty...or, perhaps, showing the most resistance to change.
:D Not resistance, for me anyway. Just so used to the old way that "and also with you" just naturally seems to come out. :lol:
You mean the "Chreasters"?

My wife isn't the biggest fan of mass. She's going to be all confused next Sunday.

:D Not resistance, for me anyway. Just so used to the old way that "and also with you" just naturally seems to come out. :lol:

 

Unless I'm really paying attention I still revert to the old reply, usually at the final blessing at the end of Mass. I may have an advantage over some of you whippersnappers. I remember when we changed from "And with your spirit" to "And also with you" back in the late '60s. It was just as confusing then to and we even had little laminated cards in the pew for everyone to use.

The first week or two were quite comical. Oddly enough, it seems like some of our (rather hardcore) ushers are among those having the most difficulty...or, perhaps, showing the most resistance to change.

 

I agree, my wife has been tripped up with the "and with your spirit" everytime. I keep telling her to use the handout until you get used to it, but like most women, in one ear and out the other.:lol: While me and the three girls haven't missed a beat. The changes don't bother me.

I think the changes may be harder for those that are regular mass goers. We have been in a routine for so long, it is hard to break old habits. My brother joined us yesterday for mass. I don't think he had a clue about the new verbiage. Funny to watch him stumble through it. He had no clue what the cheat cards were for. As for Chreasters, I hate the fact they make mem show up 45 minutes early in order to secure the seat I am in every week.

I think the changes may be harder for those that are regular mass goers. We have been in a routine for so long, it is hard to break old habits. My brother joined us yesterday for mass. I don't think he had a clue about the new verbiage. Funny to watch him stumble through it. He had no clue what the cheat cards were for. As for Chreasters, I hate the fact they make mem show up 45 minutes early in order to secure the seat I am in every week.

 

You hit the nail on the head on all points here.

Some C&E-ers were surprised .

Some C&E-ers were surprised .
Last night's Mass was such a great experience! It was kind of nice to not be one of the Chreasters this year. Although I have no room to talk, as I wasn't evens so much as a Chreaster for far too long. Being there for Christmas Eve Mass was awesome.
I agree, my wife has been tripped up with the "and with your spirit" everytime. I keep telling her to use the handout until you get used to it, but like most women, in one ear and out the other.:lol: While me and the three girls haven't missed a beat. The changes don't bother me.

We have our own "que man" in our family. My middle-schooler, who has had more practice from attending Mass at school, nudges us to get our attention right before we say one of the new responses.

Some C&E-ers were surprised .

 

I warned my brother before mass started that he better use the handout in the pew. Have to say not many C&e'ers at 11:00am mass at Divine Mercy.

 

Awkward moment, a visiting priest missed the last elderly lady in line for communion. There was a very tall and wide man in front of her and my 4th grade daughter who was serving tried to grab the priest as he was heading back up the alter but didn't get his attention. This poor old lady just stood there waiting until all the priest had returned to face the masses at the alter. Felt bad for her, she was like a "(wo)man on an island", standing there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.