Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Changes at Catholic Mass

Featured Replies

"The Lord be With You"

 

"And also wi... And with your spirit"

 

Everyone adjusting alright with the new changes at Mass? Love hearing all the mumblings of confusion :D

  • Author

^ I take it you have not been to mass lately. ;)

No, I was there this past Sunday...It was still "And also with you". :confused:

No, I was there this past Sunday...It was still "And also with you". :confused:

 

Next time you go there should be a one-page sheet to use to show you the changes.

  • Author
No, I was there this past Sunday...It was still "And also with you". :confused:
Sinner.
Consubstantial is a mouthful.

 

Lots of mumbling in the pews during that word.

People, don't like change. My 26 year old daughter refuses to say the changes and is holding true to the old ones. :lol: :idunno:

 

The way I see it, the changes are more true to the original Latin, so I have no problem with it.

 

The way I see it, the changes are more true to the original Latin, so I have no problem with it.

 

That is exactly the reason for the change.

So far I figured out that when in doubt, just say "And with your spirit".

So far I figured out that when in doubt, just say "And with your spirit".

 

We Catholics get into such a routine over the years that now we're a little hesitant as we wonder "is this one of the places in Mass where it's changed?"

Two things:

 

1. There has been some heated discussion at my parish about both the changes in the Roman Missal and some cosmetic changes in the liturgy made by our new Pastor. Personally neither have "bothered" me. I just roll with the flow.

 

2. I have found that since instituting the changes I've paid more attention to what I was saying rather then just saying the prayers by rote. As far as I'm concerned that's a good thing.

 

 

 

I'm also really interested in seeing how the C & E Catholics react at Christmas Mass.

"The Lord be With You"

 

"And also wi... And with your spirit"

 

Everyone adjusting alright with the new changes at Mass? Love hearing all the mumblings of confusion :D

The first week or two were quite comical. Oddly enough, it seems like some of our (rather hardcore) ushers are among those having the most difficulty...or, perhaps, showing the most resistance to change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.