Trinity vs Don Bosco "National Championship" game a no go!

TonyDanza

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe this has been so "on the down low." Heard about it last night.

Boy - was I suprised when saw the AM paper.

Back in the fall someone floated to me the idea of a Doubleheader - here @ PJCS. T vs. Don Bosco \\\ X vs. Bergen Cath.

sounds interesting doesnt it................

Edited by Birdsfan

Not to ask a silly question but what keeps them scheduling a game for 2012. Are both team schedules set for 2012?
Dennis says our schedule is done. The real hiccup is a snafu with the NJHSAA, Bosco is only allowed to play a certain % of their games against OOS teams. With a 12 game schedule, that doesn't allow for more than the 3-4 they currently have on the books. There is a vote to change that, coming in January.

I thought this was interesting from the article:

Trinity coach Bob Beatty said he would have had several issues playing such a game, including compensation for his assistant coaches and asking players to add extra practices and a game to an already long season.

“I would have had to have been told to do it,” Beatty said. “Would I have accepted it on my own? No. But I respect my bosses, and if they had told me to do it, I would have done it.”

Dennis says our schedule is done. The real hiccup is a snafu with the NJHSAA, Bosco is only allowed to play a certain % of their games against OOS teams. With a 12 game schedule, that doesn't allow for more than the 3-4 they currently have on the books. There is a vote to change that, coming in January.

I wonder if we will have a 9 game schedule like this year or if Coach Lampley has found someone else that will play us?

I thought this was interesting from the article:

Trinity coach Bob Beatty said he would have had several issues playing such a game, including compensation for his assistant coaches and asking players to add extra practices and a game to an already long season.

“I would have had to have been told to do it,” Beatty said. “Would I have accepted it on my own? No. But I respect my bosses, and if they had told me to do it, I would have done it.”

Not me.....there are a list of variables that go into such a game.

WHy don't both schools say to heck with the Federal and State and play anyway?

What are they going to do? Fine them? If so I pleadge 1K toward the fine.

I think it could jeopardize their participation in other sports. Neither of them can afford to do that.