Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 64 Dixie Heights 62 (OT)

Featured Replies

Dixie Heights coach Ken Chevalier said the overtime loss was "a step backward" for the Colonels.

 

"We didn't deserve to win this game," Chevalier said. "Our basketball IQ just isn't real good right now. We made a lot of mistakes."

  • Replies 105
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two best players on the floor during the JV game were Sorrell from HC and Lawson from Dixie.

 

What about Giwa from HC? He looked pretty good the times I've seen him, and Eifert, the big man, has improved significantly for them as well.

No problem. I guess I was just a bit irritated with myself for tempting this post off topic... again. And, I am concerned for the Colonels who undoubtedly read this stuff. We need Sam and the boys to overcome this tough loss and get in a positive frame of mind for the challenges ahead.

 

They will be fine, especially as Lawson rounds back into form. They've got to somehow come up with an answer inside, by playoff time. Lots of good athletes, but they are so small as it is now!!

What about Giwa from HC? He looked pretty good the times I've seen him, and Eifert, the big man, has improved significantly for them as well.

 

Giwa: Nice looking young player. Handles the ball well. Plays good tough D. Passing was poor. Shooting was OK. Forced too much. I'm sure with maturity and coaching that will change. May be a solid player next year.

 

Eifert: Has a lot to work with that you can't teach. Needs to improve finishing. He gets shots (at the JV level anyway). They just don't go in. With work, I can see him being a strong contributor next season for HC. I'm sure he's getting good coaching at home.

Dixie Heights coach Ken Chevalier said the overtime loss was "a step backward" for the Colonels.

 

"We didn't deserve to win this game," Chevalier said. "Our basketball IQ just isn't real good right now. We made a lot of mistakes."

 

IMO the coach has to share in the b-ball IQ problem. You just can't simply fire up 3s at all times. Dixie took many bad 3s last night. Its his job to correct that.

 

Also, did I mention I didn't think the coach used Lawson correctly?

 

Lastly, I was disappointed in the coach singling out the young man who got called for a 5-second violation in the newspaper. That just screamed "hey, folks, it wasn't my fault".

Thought this post was about the game. You seem to be off track. But apperntly it was a great game to watch. Prolly would of been better in a better atmosphere to.

  • Author
The two best players on the floor during the JV game were Sorrell from HC and Lawson from Dixie.

I thought the best two players on floor were Giwa and Sorrel from HC.

 

The JV coach for HC in the first half decided to play the whole team. Which allowed Dixie to stay in the game. IF HC had stuck to what they had been doing all year on JV and only playing 7 players HC probably leads by 20 at half. The starters jumped out to like a 13 point lead very quickly in the 1st quarter.

  • Author
Giwa: Nice looking young player. Handles the ball well. Plays good tough D. Passing was poor. Shooting was OK. Forced too much. I'm sure with maturity and coaching that will change. May be a solid player next year.

 

Eifert: Has a lot to work with that you can't teach. Needs to improve finishing. He gets shots (at the JV level anyway). They just don't go in. With work, I can see him being a strong contributor next season for HC. I'm sure he's getting good coaching at home.

IMO Giwa is probably HC's starting PG for next season.

IMO Giwa is probably HC's starting PG for next season.

 

Very well could be but he's got a lot of work to to do to be ready. I'm sure with some coaching and game experience, he'll be fine.

I saw that Lantry made the game winning shot on a broken final play. Is this Rachel Lantry's brother?

  • Author
I saw that Lantry made the game winning shot on a broken final play. Is this Rachel Lantry's brother?

Believe cousin.

No problem. I guess I was just a bit irritated with myself for tempting this post off topic... again. And, I am concerned for the Colonels who undoubtedly read this stuff. We need Sam and the boys to overcome this tough loss and get in a positive frame of mind for the challenges ahead.

 

Relax Roundballer. I wasn't trying to criticize Lawsons ability as a basketball player. Just statng my opinion on what I believe are his chances at the next level. I wish the kid the very best. :thumb:

I saw that Lantry made the game winning shot on a broken final play. Is this Rachel Lantry's brother?

It is her cousin.

It is her cousin, both teams will be fine! (dixie and hc)

 

Upsets can happen!! HC can beat CCH or Homles on any given night. It's high school, everybody has to relize that. It's early, let's just enjoy the season and see who come's around. I've been on a HC team that beat Holmes when they didn't lose to a team in the 9th region the whole season till regionals (96). So I can't say HC is out of the hunt until a loss happens.

 

Everybody needs to stay lose till a loss happens! :ylsuper:

Go 9th Region! Win a state title, whoever wins!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.