Holy Cross 64 Dixie Heights 62 (OT)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree that its a 2-team race. Obviously, teams can improve but I don't think either of these two can compete due to a lack of an inside presence on either end of the floor. Their guard play is solid - not exceptional.

Right now, I'd say we will say either NC or HHS take the 3rd spot by season's end.

As of right now you can make an arguemtn HC might be the 3rd best team in the region, and will struggle to make the 9th region tourney.

35th district is just unreal.

As of right now you can make an arguemtn HC might be the 3rd best team in the region, and will struggle to make the 9th region tourney.

Making that argument says more about the 9th than it does about HC IMO. I like HC. I like the small school "community"(for BZ) feel to it. I like a lot about them so there's no hate involved. They're just not a top team. Their guards make poor decisions. While Coach Goetz obviously knows more about his team than I do, as I said above, I question the offense. Their D is fair-to-good. Dixie got way penetration whenever they wanted.

Look at this way. Dixie's best player was not much of a factor - fouled out before the end of regulation - and it still took a buzzer beater to beat them(and they're decent at best).

Making that argument says more about the 9th than it does about HC IMO. I like HC. I like the small school "community"(for BZ) feel to it. I like a lot about them so there's no hate involved. They're just not a top team. Their guards make poor decisions. While Coach Goetz obviously knows more about his team than I do, as I said above, I question the offense. Their D is fair-to-good. Dixie got way penetration whenever they wanted.

Look at this way. Dixie's best player was not much of a factor - fouled out before the end of regulation - and it still took a buzzer beater to beat them(and they're decent at best).

I'm going to disagree with you. HC had beaten two quality teams prior to this outside of the 9th region. They match up alot better with the top 2 teams in this region than you think.

What poor decision did the guards make. I thought Dane Lantry played a great game. Jimmy Ryan's shot selection is questionable.

I don't think HC is a team Holmes or CCH can take lightly. Holmes might lose Avery for the year and their still not sure on Rice. So CCH might be number one by themselves.

Highlands is probably the 3rd best team in the region and then HC falls into a group of 3 or 4 that are far behind Holmes and CovCath. Unfortunately HC won't be in the region IMO this year because quite honestly by years end they could be no better then the 4th best team in their district. Beechwood will give HC all they can handle.

BTW, in the preview thread, BZ said he would be the handsome intelligent guy wearing the hat.

I saw a guy that looked to fit that description. His hat had an "H" and a "C" on it. Was that you, BZ?

:laugh: Not hardly. Sat on the Dixie side with my Sweet 16 hat on right behind Brother Pike and his son Mark Pike.

:laugh: Not hardly. Sat on the Dixie side with my Sweet 16 hat on right behind Brother Pike and his son Mark Pike.

I've never been to a gym where there is no clear-cut home side vs visitor side. I saw folks I know from both schools on both sides of the floor.

BTW, I like the new look of Dixie's gym.

Holy Cross might be the 3rd best team in the region, but they will do more than struggle to make the 9th region tourney, they won't. They are not going to beat Holmes or CovCath, period!

quite honestly by years end they could be no better then the 4th best team in their district. Beechwood will give HC all they can handle.

Beechwood is a good club. But this HC team is totatly different they are a solid unit that does not depend on one person to much.

I would be surprised if HC didn't beat beechwood by no less than 10pts.

Can't believe you would make this comment about a team filled with kids just getting their first major varsity pt minutes. They already have 3 quality wins , how many does Beechwood have? There are only a few teams in this region that have multiple quality wins this season.

Holy Cross might be the 3rd best team in the region, but they will do more than struggle to make the 9th region tourney, they won't. They are not going to beat Holmes or CovCath, period!

I agree. But stranger things have happened. I honestly don't think the talent level between CCH and HC is that great.

CCH and Holmes are top two until someone proves that wrong. But its not like worse HC teams haven't beaten better CCH or Holmes teams before.

I just like the system in place and how all 5 guys on the floor this year can score.

I agree. But stranger things have happened. I honestly don't think the talent level between CCH and HC is that great.

CCH and Holmes are top two until someone proves that wrong. But its not like worse HC teams haven't beaten better CCH or Holmes teams before.

I just like the system in place and how all 5 guys on the floor this year can score.

HC might have some what of a chance against CovCath, but they don't match-up against anyone on Holmes.