Holy Cross 64 Dixie Heights 62 (OT)

The most obvious strategic plan of this season is seen in Dixie's schedule.... Chevy seems to be willing to sacrifice some W's to strengthen his post season readiness.

Sorry to have waivered off topic. This thread seems to have done that a few times :sleep:

I doubt that last night's loss to HC fits into the strategy of accepting a few losses in the name of musclebuilding for the post season. This one had to hurt! Learning to win the close ones, especially when you have the lead at the end, is important.

I, for one, will enjoy attending a future matchup with Holy Cross if fate creates the opportunity. It will surely be another barn burner :fight:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a question or a comment about where the young man is looking to play?

Merely a sincere question about what position you think he will play at the next level if he is fortunate enough to get the opportunity.

My reference to NKU was just a random example indicating that I agree, Sam should not be playing low post in high school. Especially if he is trying to improve his chances of playing in College. Scouts would probably like to see him developing his skills in the position for which they would recruit him. :thumb:

Merely a sincere question about what position you think he will play at the next level if he is fortunate enough to get the opportunity.

My reference to NKU was just a random example indicating that I agree, Sam should not be playing low post in high school. Especially if he is trying to improve his chances of playing in College. Scouts would probably like to see him developing his skills in the position for which they would recruit him. :thumb:

No offense but IMO Sam Lawson is not NKU caliber at all. Might stand a chance at say Thomas More or someplace similar.

No offense but IMO Sam Lawson is not NKU caliber at all. Might stand a chance at say Thomas More or someplace similar.

Wow! I surely did not intend to evoke negative criticism from you toward a fine young man who just suffered a difficult loss last night. Fouling out in the last minute of a big game was enough for him to deal with in the last 24 hours.

Sam, if you read this nonsense on here, try to keep a sense of humor. Arm chair quarterbacks don't win many games on the field. Stay focused and do the jobs your team asks you to do. Your future is bright. You're gutting it out playing through your injury. There are many fine days ahead.

:

PG would be out of the question IMO. He's a 2 guard at the D3 level.

He plays very hard. He battled on both ends of the floor. I like his effort.

BTW, as one who has been critical of the Steenken boy's penchant for extracurricular activities on the floor, let me say I enjoyed watching him play last night and with leaving the other "stuff" out of his game.

I'd find a spot for him on any team I had.

Wow! I surely did not intend to evoke negative criticism from you toward a fine young man who just suffered a difficult loss last night. Fouling out in the last minute of a big game was enough for him to deal with in the last 24 hours.

Sam, if you read this nonsense on here, try to keep a sense of humor. Arm chair quarterbacks don't win many games on the field. Stay focused and do the jobs your team asks you to do. Your future is bright. You're gutting it out playing through your injury. There are many fine days ahead.

Where is the negative criticism? Someone was stating their opinion. Anyways, Sam would be more suited to be a 2 guard in college, but not at NKU. I think they are moving D-1 in a few years, although that might be grossly incorrect. Best of luck to him wherever he winds up.

Where is the negative criticism? Someone was stating their opinion. Anyways, Sam would be more suited to be a 2 guard in college, but not at NKU. I think they are moving D-1 in a few years, although that might be grossly incorrect. Best of luck to him wherever he winds up.

They are not moving to D1 anytime in the near future.

I don't think Roundballer was saying that he felt Sam was NKU calliber, he just used them an example, probably the first school that came to mind. I think he was trying to make the point that Sam would not play in the post at the next level, were ever that might be.

On a side note I hear Berea has been very interested in Sam, I personally think that would be a good fit.

I meant to ask this earlier. Is the Lawson on the JV the young brother of Sam?

He looks like he has potential.

Yes, Jake is Sam's younger brother. He's got a nice shot.

It's worth noting that Holy Cross handed our JV their first loss of the season. The Indians pulled off a strong trifecta last night, beating our Freshmen as well. Our Frosh were coming off a big victory against Boone Monday night.

Where is the negative criticism? Someone was stating their opinion.

No problem. I guess I was just a bit irritated with myself for tempting this post off topic... again. And, I am concerned for the Colonels who undoubtedly read this stuff. We need Sam and the boys to overcome this tough loss and get in a positive frame of mind for the challenges ahead.

Yes, Jake is Sam's younger brother. He's got a nice shot.

It's worth noting that Holy Cross handed our JV their first loss of the season. .

The two best players on the floor during the JV game were Sorrell from HC and Lawson from Dixie.