Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 64 Dixie Heights 62 (OT)

Featured Replies

Beechwood is a good club. But this HC team is totatly different they are a solid unit that does not depend on one person to much.

 

I would be surprised if HC didn't beat beechwood by no less than 10pts.

 

Can't believe you would make this comment about a team filled with kids just getting their first major varsity pt minutes. They already have 3 quality wins , how many does Beechwood have? There are only a few teams in this region that have multiple quality wins this season.

 

Sorry my friend but the Beechies are very, very good with more size then HC and better defenders, not to mention that Romes is light years better then anyone on HC. I would not be surprised to see the Beechies win the Class A tourney up here this year( that is if Ludlow doesn't). Honestly didn't think a whole lot of either team tonight. (HC or Dixie)

  • Replies 105
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could change with the two injury's. Without Greg Rice this is a whole different team.

 

With or without Rice, Holmes will beat Holy Cross by double digits. HC has no one and I mean no one to match-up against Jefferson, Hill, Edmondson, or Henderson.

  • Author
Sorry my friend but the Beechies are very, very good with more size then HC and better defenders, not to mention that Romes is light years better then anyone on HC. I would not be surprised to see the Beechies win the Class A tourney up here this year( that is if Ludlow doesn't). Honestly didn't think a whole lot of either team tonight. (HC or Dixie)

 

 

There is no way Ludlow wins it first off. Second off the finals of the all A will be NCC vs HC again.

Good turnout as far as a crowd goes but a pretty quiet bunch.

 

There were actually "cheers" by Dixie' cheerleaders where not a word was uttered. They simply came out, did a flip, and ran back. Quite odd.

 

 

Mime cheer.

  • Author
With or without Rice, Holmes will beat Holy Cross by double digits. HC has no one and I mean no one to match-up against Jefferson, Hill, Edmondson, or Henderson.

 

Edmonson and Hill aren't match up problems. Jefferson is a matchup problem for everyone including CCH. Henderson is awesome. If HC can shut down lawson then I don't think Hill and Edmonson is out of the question.

 

Key to beating Holmes this year has already been shown. They are vulnerable inside and they also foul alot. If you put key players in situations where they might foul, its the only way to beat holmes.

 

But I think HC can use Steeken and Scruggs effectively in the post.

There is no way Ludlow wins it first off. Second off the finals of the all A will be NCC vs HC again.

 

Couldn't have said it better myself!! :thumb:

There is no way Ludlow wins it first off. Second off the finals of the all A will be NCC vs HC again.

 

Maybe, if NCC gets up to speed by then.

 

Holmes/CovCath in the 9th right now. I do think Highlands could make a run.

There is no way Ludlow wins it first off. Second off the finals of the all A will be NCC vs HC again.

 

Don't have the brackets available at the moment but I will take the Beechies coming out of whatever side they are on. (unless of course they encounter the Panthers :cool: )

  • Author

NCC will have one tough game. It will be a tough one against St.Henry the way St.Henry has been playing.

 

HC has a harder road. Beechwood will not win their first game. I predict a loss to Newport.

 

HC to get to finals will have to beat in order Dayton,Lloyd, and Newport.

 

A little tougher road. Grayson for Lloyd can cause problems.

Sorry my friend but the Beechies are very, very good with more size then HC and better defenders, not to mention that Romes is light years better then anyone on HC. I would not be surprised to see the Beechies win the Class A tourney up here this year( that is if Ludlow doesn't). Honestly didn't think a whole lot of either team tonight. (HC or Dixie)

 

HC's physical defense seems to make both teams look kind of sloppy from what I've seen so far. I'm another who thinks if HC would have pounded it inside they would have won much easier. (See Scott vs. Dixie)

 

I honestly haven't seen Beechwood play, but find it hard to believe it'll be them and Ludlow in the All "A" 9th region finals?? What has either shown so far this year?? While HC is playing Dixie, LexCath and Brossart, the Beechies are playing Ludlow, Dayton, and then play Calvary, Villa, Silver Grove and Heritage several times each--Looks like teams from different leagues??

Edmonson and Hill aren't match up problems. Jefferson is a matchup problem for everyone including CCH. Henderson is awesome. If HC can shut down lawson then I don't think Hill and Edmonson is out of the question.

 

Key to beating Holmes this year has already been shown. They are vulnerable inside and they also foul alot. If you put key players in situations where they might foul, its the only way to beat holmes.

 

But I think HC can use Steeken and Scruggs effectively in the post.

 

Are you kidding about Hill and Edmondson? Who do you think can guard them from Holy Cross. No one can, period.

 

I admire your spirit and think it's great to be rooting for your team, but there comes a time and place to be realistic.

  • Author
Are you kidding about Hill and Edmondson? Who do you think can guard them from Holy Cross. No one can, period.

 

I admire your spirit and think it's great to be rooting for your team, but there comes a time and place to be realistic.

 

Austin hill guarded by Steeken, and Edmonson a combo of Jimmy ryan and Paul Liable. That combo did a nice job on Lawson tonight. See no reason why they wouldn't do a find job on Edmonson. We have no answer for Rice period.

 

Also I think Dane Lantry is slowly turning into one of the better perimeter defenders in the region.

 

I love Edmonson but by no means is he far superior in talent to some players on HC.

 

All in all 9time out of 10 CCH and Holmes beat HC. I'm just saying there is the the chance.

NCC will have one tough game. It will be a tough one against St.Henry the way St.Henry has been playing.

 

HC has a harder road. Beechwood will not win their first game. I predict a loss to Newport.

 

HC to get to finals will have to beat in order Dayton,Lloyd, and Newport.

 

A little tougher road. Grayson for Lloyd can cause problems.

 

You are certainly under estimating the Beechies my friend. I've seen both Lloyd and Newport and Beechwood is better. Newport might play them tough and will likewise give HC problems if you meet. I just think Beechwood causes matchup problems for HC.

Austin hill guarded by Steeken, and Edmonson a combo of Jimmy ryan and Paul Liable. That combo did a nice job on Lawson tonight. See no reason why they wouldn't do a find job on Edmonson. We have no answer for Rice period.

 

Also I think Dane Lantry is slowly turning into one of the better perimeter defenders in the region.

 

I love Edmonson but by no means is he far superior in talent to some players on HC.

 

All in all 9time out of 10 CCH and Holmes beat HC. I'm just saying there is the the chance.

 

You need to get some sleep bigstud. You are starting to talk crazy.

Are you kidding about Hill and Edmondson? Who do you think can guard them from Holy Cross. No one can, period.

 

I admire your spirit and think it's great to be rooting for your team, but there comes a time and place to be realistic.

 

Holmes obviously causes matchup problems for most teams, but I think Busse for one can guard Hill Or Edmundson, and Steenken will back down from no one. Giwa can be of help against Holmes also, and Scruggs will battle inside against Rice. HC, especially Scruggs and Steenken good at getting into players heads, and several on Holmes showed that is possible at Pendleton. I think it may be a better matchup than you may think.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.