Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Kansas Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I wonder what kind of reception K will get if Duke does win, since the majority of the Garden's attendance will be donning UK blue?

 

While UK fans typically dislike Duke, I feel they have a respect for the game of college basketball and would give Coach K the response that he deserves.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK 76 Jayhawks 70

While UK fans typically dislike Duke, I feel they have a respect for the game of college basketball and would give Coach K the response that he deserves.
It's according to what response you feel he deserves. If it's "stand up and applaud" then I have a really nice oceanfront condo here in Louisville to sell you. :D
You think that will be the case? All four fan bases travel well, and Duke has a big contingency in the Northeast. When I went to see UK and Duke in the Meadowlands, it was pretty much split.

 

I think UK will have the majority, but it's probably a smaller majority than I imagine...especially with K's potential to break the record.

While UK fans typically dislike Duke, I feel they have a respect for the game of college basketball and would give Coach K the response that he deserves.

 

I would applaud him. But I heard some guy call into KSR today during the first hour...he's from Maysville. He said he had a carload of people thirty-five minutes from NYC & he stated that if Duke wins, he knew there would be at least five guys who would boo as loudly as they could.

 

As a UK fan, I hope K gets at best a congratulatory ovation and at worst no response at all. I really hope they don't boo.

It's according to what response you feel he deserves. If it's "stand up and applaud" then I have a really nice oceanfront condo here in Louisville to sell you. :D

 

Maybe I am naive, but I really do think the majority of UK fans (who will be there) would cheer for him. Now the majority of fans who will be sitting in their recliners or at bars in the Bluegrss, guzzling a few beers woudln't do the same.

 

I'd cheer for him.

I am wanting to see how the Cats will react/handle things when playing a very good team, as of now they have played what seemed like glorified high school teams compared to U.K.. The Cats would have had better competition if they would had played two more b;ue/white scrimmages. I think that UK may have trouble when first challenged by a good team but the Cats drepth will wear Kansas down.

 

U.K. 81

Kansas 73

The power of the Kentucky Effect...

 

Coach K is probably going to break the record for all-time wins and UK still has the primetime game!

College basketball will be very, very much worth following this year. A number of very good teams & at least two (from my perspective) are elite. Speaking of UNC & UK, of course. Ohio State should be really good. If Drummond is who he's been billed to be, I think UCONN has a very good chance at repeating. Syracuse will be tough. Florida & Vandy give the SEC a couple of other upper-tier teams. Hard to tell with Duke. I think they're good, but not #6 in the land...as of right now.

 

I do think one team that a lot of people are sleeping on is Cincinnati. I really expect big-time things from them, and could easily see them a top ten team by year's end.

 

The same Vandy that lost at home to Cleveland State by 13?

Impossible to tell, UK's freshmen leave home for the first time. UK should win, but no margin with either team winning by 15 points or less will surprise me.

The same Vandy that lost at home to Cleveland State by 13?

 

Inexcusable loss, but not having one of the SEC's elite big men (Ezeli) hampered Vandy.

UK will be pushed all the way in this one KU is a good team with a tough backcourt and some size up front Cats need to use their depth to wear them down and pull it out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.