2011 CCH Grad Jake Thelen Update

Clyde

Best of luck to Jake. It's a big jump from NAIA to the GLVC. Going to be some tough competition for playing time as Bellarmine signed a very good 6'8" post player from St Louis and another post player from Wright State transferring in with 4 years of eligibility.

Best of luck to Jake. It's a big jump from NAIA to the GLVC. Going to be some tough competition for playing time as Bellarmine signed a very good 6'8" post player from St Louis and another post player from Wright State transferring in with 4 years of eligibility.

This.

Very big jump in competition level, and that will start in practice everyday just for playing time. I liked Jake's game in high school, and thought he was a Division II player, but Bellermine is one of the top DII programs in the country. I'm guessing he wanted to get closer to home, and this was his best basketball option. I really hope it works out as the kid and his family seem like very nice people.

I don't think he'll have to sit a year. Don't know this for sure, but I don't know why the NCAA would care about kids transferring in from NAIA schools.

• 4 weeks later...
Is this a done deal?

Bellarmine hasn't made any announcement on their website about this transfer but they did have info about Vance Hall transfer earlier in the summer.

Yes. Confirmed on both sides.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jake's the 4th leader scorer, 2nd in rebounds and 4th in minutes played. A very solid 1st year in D2 basketball.

I still think Jake could have played an NKU. He may not have the type of numbers at NKU, but I have to believe he would have been a very solid contributor.

Keep up the good work Jake!

• 9 months later...

There was an article in the C-J this week saying he has lost 30 pounds, per Coach Davenport's suggestion. When does Donnie Hale, the transfer from Purdue, become eligible for the Knights? They'll have a formidable front line with tese two.