Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 CCH Grad Jake Thelen Update

Featured Replies

  • Author
Any idea why? Will he have to sit out?

 

I assume he will have to sit a year.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any idea why? Will he have to sit out?

 

Can someone answer this question?

  • Author
Can someone answer this question?

 

Pure speculation but I'd say two factors: Proximity to NKY and level of play.

Jake is following the Covington Catholic to Bellarmine path of fellow low post man - Dave Rechtin. Best of luck to Jake.

Best of luck to Jake. It's a big jump from NAIA to the GLVC. Going to be some tough competition for playing time as Bellarmine signed a very good 6'8" post player from St Louis and another post player from Wright State transferring in with 4 years of eligibility.

Best of luck to Jake. It's a big jump from NAIA to the GLVC. Going to be some tough competition for playing time as Bellarmine signed a very good 6'8" post player from St Louis and another post player from Wright State transferring in with 4 years of eligibility.

 

This.

 

Very big jump in competition level, and that will start in practice everyday just for playing time. I liked Jake's game in high school, and thought he was a Division II player, but Bellermine is one of the top DII programs in the country. I'm guessing he wanted to get closer to home, and this was his best basketball option. I really hope it works out as the kid and his family seem like very nice people.

 

I don't think he'll have to sit a year. Don't know this for sure, but I don't know why the NCAA would care about kids transferring in from NAIA schools.

Is this a done deal?

 

Bellarmine hasn't made any announcement on their website about this transfer but they did have info about Vance Hall transfer earlier in the summer.

  • Author
Is this a done deal?

 

Bellarmine hasn't made any announcement on their website about this transfer but they did have info about Vance Hall transfer earlier in the summer.

 

Yes. Confirmed on both sides.

Jake Thelen started for Bellarmine in their exhibition game against UC. Jake ended up with 4 points and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes of action

  • Author

I was unaware that Jake was eligible this season until I came across a BU box score.

 

Stats for the season

 

Bellarmine Knights - Season Statistics

 

Jake had 22 and 10 against Quincy.

Jake's the 4th leader scorer, 2nd in rebounds and 4th in minutes played. A very solid 1st year in D2 basketball.

 

I still think Jake could have played an NKU. He may not have the type of numbers at NKU, but I have to believe he would have been a very solid contributor.

 

Keep up the good work Jake!

  • Author

Jake had 22 and 18 tonight in a W over IU Southeast.

There was an article in the C-J this week saying he has lost 30 pounds, per Coach Davenport's suggestion. When does Donnie Hale, the transfer from Purdue, become eligible for the Knights? They'll have a formidable front line with tese two.

I went down and watched them when they played Christian Brothers last weekend. He looked very good. Had 18 points and 6 boards.

Great atmosphere to watch a game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.