Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Week Eight

Featured Replies

I can see both sides of the argument.

 

One, yeah it does suck to do your part in submitting a lineup and the other guy doesn't and you could still lose.

 

Secondly, I can see not just giving a win as well, more so because some people could do it towards the end of a season if they are already out of it and they just throw the game so to speak and just not turn in a lineup. Plus, it's a rule that's been in place for quite a while, and not just implemented the last couple of weeks or so.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the rule, and see why it's in place, just ranting because it ticked me off, but I'll get over it.

Bottom line you don't turn in a lineup it's a loss and the other person gets a win. Period. You shouldn't have to play someones last weeks lineup. Most of the people saying they like the rule haven't had this happen to them. If the shoe was on the other foot it may be different for the above people. Oh well, just sharing my thoughts and I'll leave it at that.

 

It happened to me this year. Stinks, but those are the rules and have been for years. Deal with it or bounce... :idunno:

I like the rule. It keeps the playing field level, and insures the best teams make the playoffs with proper seedings. Just like life, there's no freebies!

I know the rule, and see why it's in place, just ranting because it ticked me off, but I'll get over it.

 

almost happened to me, but I barely won...I woulda been ticked too, just because it happened..:lol:

In a league this size you cant give a free win. What would keep your buddy from not turning in a lineup if you needed a win to make the playoffs?

I apologize. I just got home for 1st time in 8 days. Most of the time in meetings in St Louis. Did go to Game 6 though! My BGP account was locked. I tried to email Guru but didn't hear anything it was from my father in laws computer so that might have been why on his outlook. I opened a new account last night but it wouldn't validate. This is the 1st time I could get on in about a week. On top of that my iphone is ancient and ran out of memory while I was there. I can't get texts out, apps to open, email etc so couldn't do anything from my phone. I ordered a new one today. My nephew also played in the middle school final four + state championship this weekend so it's been kind of wild.Once again I apologize. Over the years I've always tried to turn lineups in. I know it's a drag when somebody doesn't turn in lineups.

I agree on no free wins btw.

Paging Miles Austin. Miles Austin please pick up Line 1... :ohbrother:

Paging Miles Austin. Miles Austin please pick up Line 1... :ohbrother:

 

No kidding. :irked: 2nd week in a row.

  • Author

Scores After Sunday

 

 

Final

Bushwood Country Club Gophers (93 pts) at Huggs Thuggs (90 pts)

Mauk Ridge Maniacs (84 pts) at West Kentucky Rams (65 pts)

Junction City Jailcats * (110 pts) at Erlanger Earthquakes ® (71 pts)

 

 

Over

Big Creek Moonshiners (87 pts) at Southern KY SubVets (50 pts)

Boyle County Blue Devils (53 pts) at Auxier RiverRats * (55 pts)

Paducah Rabbit Fists (92 pts) at Lex-Town Grapplers ® (72 pts)

 

 

Could Still Go Either Way

Jungle Junkies (75 pts) at East End Evolution (69 pts)

Northern Kentucky Blazers * (48 pts) at Louisa Lumber * (50 pts)

Maytown Mirkers (54 pts) at Florence Fighters (55 pts)

 

 

As Good As Done

Atwood Fighting' Amish (76 pts) at Brush Creek Rusty Ankles (101 pts)

Elkhorn City Bridge Sitters (37 pts) at Richmond Outsiders * (65 pts)

Maysville Split Ends (77 pts) at Possum Trot WarHogs (102 pts)

 

 

It Would Take a Miracle

Indo Savages (52 pts) at Olive Hill Grizz Mafia (110 pts)

Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (80 pts) at Pikeville High Risers (32 pts)

Sawville GymShoes (66 pts) at Ga. St. Prison Mean Machine ** (128 pts)

Shelby Cardinals (72 pts) at Cincinnati Bail Bonds (35 pts)

  • Author

Monday Night Players

(in the games to be decided)

 

Jungle Junkies (75 pts) at East End Evolution (69 pts)

Evolution - Rivers, Philip SDC QB

 

Northern Kentucky Blazers * (48 pts) at Louisa Lumber * (50 pts)

Blazers * - Breaston, Steve KCC WR

Louisa Lumber * - Cassel, Matt KCC QB

 

Maytown Mirkers (54 pts) at Florence Fighters (55 pts)

Mirkers - Floyd, Malcom SDC WR and Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Fighters - San Diego Def

 

Atwood Fighting' Amish (76 pts) at Brush Creek Rusty Ankles (101 pts)

Fighting' Amish - Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

Rusty Ankles - Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

 

Elkhorn City Bridge Sitters (37 pts) at Richmond Outsiders * (65 pts)

Bridge Sitters - - San Diego Def

 

Maysville Split Ends (77 pts) at Possum Trot WarHogs (102 pts)

Split Ends - Novak, Nick SDC PK

 

Indo Savages (52 pts) at Olive Hill Grizz Mafia (110 pts)

Savages - Rivers, Philip SDC QB 19

Grizz Mafia - Floyd, Malcom SDC WR 4

 

Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (80 pts) at Pikeville High Risers (32 pts)

High Risers - Mathews, Ryan SDC RB and Tolbert, Mike SDC RB

 

Sawville GymShoes (66 pts) at Ga. St. Prison Mean Machine ** (128 pts)

GymShoes - Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

Mean Machine ** - Gates, Antonio SDC TE

 

Shelby Cardinals (72 pts) at Cincinnati Bail Bonds (35 pts)

Cardinals - Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Bail Bonds - Kansas City Def

  • Author

MFL Projections

 

Jungle Junkies (75 pts) at East End Evolution (88 pts)

Northern Kentucky Blazers * (58 pts) at Louisa Lumber * (66 pts)

Maytown Mirkers (70 pts) at Florence Fighters (59 pts)

 

Atwood Fighting' Amish (90 pts) at Brush Creek Rusty Ankles (116 pts)

Elkhorn City Bridge Sitters (41 pts) at Richmond Outsiders * (65 pts)

Maysville Split Ends (83 pts) at Possum Trot WarHogs (102 pts)

 

Indo Savages (71 pts) at Olive Hill Grizz Mafia (114 pts)

Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (80 pts) at Pikeville High Risers (50 pts)

Sawville GymShoes (69 pts) at Ga. St. Prison Mean Machine ** (140 pts)

Shelby Cardinals (87 pts) at Cincinnati Bail Bonds (38 pts)

Bottom line you don't turn in a lineup it's a loss and the other person gets a win. Period. You shouldn't have to play someones last weeks lineup. Most of the people saying they like the rule haven't had this happen to them. If the shoe was on the other foot it may be different for the above people. Oh well, just sharing my thoughts and I'll leave it at that.

 

It's not different than any Yahoo or ESPN if you think about it.

 

I like that no one gets a free win as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.