Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights Defense?

Featured Replies

Does it exist?

 

Teams are averaging 46 pts a game on them and I wonder what the avg yard totals are at this point.

 

Their offense is only averaging 25 a game.

 

Who coaches these bullfighters?

Does it exist?

 

Teams are averaging 46 pts a game on them and I wonder what the avg yard totals are at this point.

 

Their offense is only averaging 25 a game.

 

Who coaches these bullfighters?

 

Usually I like your comment Q...but to me this is a cheap shot. Maybe the guy that coaches Dixie's defense is the trainer for the Bluebirds basketball team, because those cats are hurt alot. ( Just to diffuse your facts are facts comments.....) Dixie's defense isn't good in football this year, and Highlands hoops players miss a ton of action because of injury.

This is nothing more than a Dixie hater thread.

 

Totally classless and certainly a cheap shot at some high school players who spent their summer and are spending many days after school to play the sport of football.

 

.

This is nothing more than a Dixie hater thread.

 

Totally classless and certainly a cheap shot at some high school players who spent their summer and are spending many days after school to play the sport of football.

 

.

 

How is this a cheap shot????? Q asks two questions and makes a point, and he gets blasted for it. It's amazing how some preceive things.

Probably a better way to state it is --- Is it the defensive scheme that doesn't fit the personnel? [coaching decision] :sssh:

How is this a cheap shot????? Q asks two questions and makes a point, and he gets blasted for it. It's amazing how some preceive things.

 

I perceive it this way.

 

Q is a well known roundball fanatic from HHS with roots in Bellevue. Why start a thread about Dixie's football defense? Why not a thread about SK's offense? Why not a thread about Scott's inability to ever compete? etc.....

 

Its like kicking a kid when he's down. Leave it alone.

 

 

BTW, sorry to the SK and Scott fans for using them in my example, just trying to make my point.

I perceive it this way.

 

Q is a well known roundball fanatic from HHS with roots in Bellevue. Why start a thread about Dixie's football defense? Why not a thread about SK's offense? Why not a thread about Scott's inability to ever compete? etc.....

 

Its like kicking a kid when he's down. Leave it alone.

 

 

BTW, sorry to the SK and Scott fans for using them in my example, just trying to make my point.

 

Could it possibly be because of the expectations that were coming from this Dixie team before the season started? Noone expected a whole lot out of SK or Scott this year, but that cannot be said for Dixie. I don't think Q is "hating" on anybody.

I'm so tired of everyone bashing their coaching staff. In my years of watching high school football, you have to have the players to compete. I believe that coaching is about 20% of the game. So, if a team plays 10 games and they win 8 those 2 loses might be chaulked to coaching. I don't care if you put ludlows coaching staff on the 09' Highlands team they would still have won a state championship and probably would have lost to st.x. Coaches are the easiest to blame but the kids need to look at the man in the glass

I'm so tired of everyone bashing their coaching staff. In my years of watching high school football, you have to have the players to compete. I believe that coaching is about 20% of the game. So, if a team plays 10 games and they win 8 those 2 loses might be chaulked to coaching. I don't care if you put ludlows coaching staff on the 09' Highlands team they would still have won a state championship and probably would have lost to st.x. Coaches are the easiest to blame but the kids need to look at the man in the glass

 

I definitely disagree. Coaching has a big impact at the high school level. Coaching had a lot to do with the success of Highlands '09 team. When you have a program like Dixie has had and have a game like last night, the coaches have to own it as much if not more than the players. That's just the facts.

I'm so tired of everyone bashing their coaching staff. In my years of watching high school football, you have to have the players to compete. I believe that coaching is about 20% of the game. So, if a team plays 10 games and they win 8 those 2 loses might be chaulked to coaching. I don't care if you put ludlows coaching staff on the 09' Highlands team they would still have won a state championship and probably would have lost to st.x. Coaches are the easiest to blame but the kids need to look at the man in the glass

 

I disagree. Were you at the game? curious - because what I saw was a lifeless - none emotional coaching staff. Speaking defensively only there were really NO major adjustments made defensively until towards the end. Hell with sitting back and let someone pound it down your throat - running the same 2 - 3 plays over and over again. Try something ya know? Blitz your linebackers, move a safety down in the box, start playing the gaps, bring more than they can block! Or if the players in there are not giving a 100% then put someone in the game who will. But don't sit there and make zero adjustments, not get the kids fired up and coached up, and last but not least how about calling a time-out to break another teams momentum once in a while. IMO it's combined effort from both the coaching staff and players - as with anything though - it ALL starts at the TOP! You can have all the talent in the world but if the coaches don't keep them motivated you are not going to win many games. Especially the close ones where the talent maybe equal.

Edited by Muddawg

It's also the coaches job to put these kids in position to win football games. From the beginning of the year with selecting an offensive and defensive scheme that fits the best to the players abilities, putting the right kids in the right spots, down to game planning each week, and so forth and so on....

Where Q is from or who he supports has nothing to do with this thread and attacking him for it is surely a cheap shot.

 

I do think it is fair to ask what is going on with Dixie's defense. On offense I know they have had some injuries and Pike can be hit or miss but what is the deal with the D?

Where Q is from or who he supports has nothing to do with this thread and attacking him for it is surely a cheap shot.

 

I do think it is fair to ask what is going on with Dixie's defense. On offense I know they have had some injuries and Pike can be hit or miss but what is the deal with the D?

 

Not an attack on Q at all. I consider him a freind. The point is that once again the underlying theme is an attack on the Dixie coaches by posters not familiar with what is going on at the school and in the program.

 

I honestly can't wait til all get their wishes and by his own choice Tom removes himself from this situation and someone else takes over. It will surely make reading the site a heck of a lot more enjoyable for me.

Not an attack on Q at all. I consider him a freind. The point is that once again the underlying theme is an attack on the Dixie coaches by posters not familiar with what is going on at the school and in the program.

 

I honestly can't wait til all get their wishes and by his own choice Tom removes himself from this situation and someone else takes over. It will surely make reading the site a heck of a lot more enjoyable for me.

 

For the record, not a poster, very familiar with what's going on, and Tom is a great guy that has been good for the school and community. However the HC is ultimately responsible for the overall direction of the team both offensively and defensively. "Something" is definitely "not right". All I'm going to say about it. Anyhow, you have to agree for the last 2-3 years the defensive scheme hasn't been very good period. Dixie's opponents avg way too many point per game / and yardage against them. So I'm stating the obvious - who is ultimately responsible? Last night I truly couldn't stomach the lack of effort and lack of trying last night for all involved.

Where Q is from or who he supports has nothing to do with this thread and attacking him for it is surely a cheap shot.

 

I do think it is fair to ask what is going on with Dixie's defense. On offense I know they have had some injuries and Pike can be hit or miss but what is the deal with the D?

 

Dixies QB was on the money last night - a ton of drops by wr's.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.