Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Visitor Locker Rooms

Featured Replies

What are some of the best and worst visitor locker rooms you have encountered?

When I played, (10years ago) we played a team near Tenn. named Lynchburg military academy. Cenderblock walls that u could see through, no hot water, and one toilet. End of season game. COLD!!!!

Mayfield has some pretty awful visitor locker rooms. They felt medieval! Of course that was 15 years ago...

Is there a good visitors lockerroom? East and West Carter have decent ones, but they're in the gym which is a little bit of a walk to the field.

My favorite visitor's lockerroom is at Putnam Stadium in Ashland. My coaches fight me to dress in Verity but my preference is the stadium. The ghosts are coming out of the walls. Putnam is a great place to play.

Paintsville, 1976.

Cawood 1982. Rained like all get out and the locker room showers had 6" of water(I think that's what it was, stuff cured my athletes feet) and no cold water. It was November too.

Walton-Verona

I remember playing at South Oldham and had a really long walk from the lock room. At Grant County you have to walk down what seems like 1000 stairs. Both had good locker rooms though.

 

I have to say the best one was at Paul Brown Stadium.

I have a vague memory of almost having to slide down a hill to get to Whitley County's field. We got dressed in a classroom if I remember correctly.

 

We went to Leslie County and I remember my "locker" being a hook.

 

We played at CCH and I don't think we just came dressed.

 

Beechwood's old visitor lockerroom was so small we just sat on the hill at halftime.

 

Newport's was old and dank but cool.

 

Not complaining. Great memories.

Stadium of champions has nice visitor locker rooms as does Hopkins Central. Lone Oak is the worst.

Cincy X puts you in a field house just off the field. Very large room that is their wrestling room I think..Very nice

 

Manual Stadium has cockroaches so big that if you try to step on them they throw your foot off, stand on their back legs and beat their chests. If you do manage to smash one you can hear the crack in New Albany. In recent years they have cleaned and painted the locker room but it's still very old and nasty IMO.

 

The last time I was at Fern Creek they had no visitors locker room. On a rainy night team had to stay out before and at half time. To make matters worse the only facilities were the public johns and there was a line. Pretty shoddy. Hopefully that has changed.

When in Shelby County in the sixties we had a road swing playing Carr Creek and Hazard on a Friday and Saturday night. (this was basketball). The first night was against Carr Creek and at half we could hear the Carr Creek coach talking to his players. Then we realized we could seen straight into their locker room with big gaps in the walls. I will say we were never treated better anywhere, they were knowledgeable and appreciative basketball fans, just didn't have tremendous locker rooms. I'll take that over prime facilities and snobbish people anyday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.