Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/Covington Catholic Frosh Game

Featured Replies

Actually the Frosh were scheduled to play on Wednesday all yr long, therefore allowing the Varisty to play on Thursday nite so we can all go to the Woolfest in Falmouth on Friday nite. OMG, I cant wait , Ale8 on tap and best dang pickeled pigs feet that you can lay a tooth in. LOL.

 

Sweep, my son has his Frosh schedule hanging on the fridge and it says the game is on Thursday. It was revised a couple of months ago but the original schedule did have this game on Thursday evening.

I think this is awesome that CovCathiRadio takes the time not only to do Varisty football games and many other sports but thanks for doing these Frosh games. I truly believe that little things like this type of exposure helps maintain the type of success that these two programs have.

I wish Highlands had sometime like this..................

Thanks Sweep. Some of you may recall that last year we covered the regular season matchup of the freshman and it was the same time that the Reds played the Phillies in game one of the playoffs. Yes, CovCath lost and it was disappointing, but I did get to miss the no hitter against my Reds!!! And there's more interest in this game than some schools have in their varsity game. That's why we're there. And the kids love going back and listening.
I think this is awesome that CovCathiRadio takes the time not only to do Varisty football games and many other sports but thanks for doing these Frosh games. I truly believe that little things like this type of exposure helps maintain the type of success that these two programs have.

I wish Highlands had sometime like this..................

 

I thought HHS started doing broadcasts. No?

I thought HHS started doing broadcasts. No?

 

Just varsity..

  • Author
Sweep, my son has his Frosh schedule hanging on the fridge and it says the game is on Thursday. It was revised a couple of months ago but the original schedule did have this game on Thursday evening.

 

Looks like your son didn't bring home the most updated schedule which we(son brought home) received before the season started. Whole point is why am I getting a PM from the CCH camp asking when the game was changed. Really doesn't matter now. Game is Wednesday at 6!

Looks like your son didn't bring home the most updated schedule which we(son brought home) received before the season started. Whole point is why am I getting a PM from the CCH camp asking when the game was changed. Really doesn't matter now. Game is Wednesday at 6!

 

Stop down and say hello. I'll be in my "usual" spot.

I'll be missing this one....

I had to set my training schedule for the week and I planned for Thursday....

I also missed the Camp Co game after the switch due to the heat....

So much for planning ahead :madman:

Now that we have established when and where the game is to be played, anyone have any thoughts on the game itself.

 

CovCath is the first team that HHS has played that will throw the ball as many times as they run it. Big, strong teams have had some success against the Birds, what do we think about how a passing team will do.

Looks like your son didn't bring home the most updated schedule which we(son brought home) received before the season started. Whole point is why am I getting a PM from the CCH camp asking when the game was changed. Really doesn't matter now. Game is Wednesday at 6!

 

He did, we have that one also, he just hung up the new one over the old one and it is still there.

Now that we have established when and where the game is to be played, anyone have any thoughts on the game itself.

 

CovCath is the first team that HHS has played that will throw the ball as many times as they run it. Big, strong teams have had some success against the Birds, what do we think about how a passing team will do.

 

Most frosh teams do not fare well against a passing team. I have not seen CCH frosh yet so I have no clue as to their ability to throw.

  • Author
Now that we have established when and where the game is to be played, anyone have any thoughts on the game itself.

 

CovCath is the first team that HHS has played that will throw the ball as many times as they run it. Big, strong teams have had some success against the Birds, what do we think about how a passing team will do.

 

Dixie had some success last week getting behind the defenders a few times. I'm guessing the Birds will correct that and keep it to the short routes. If that happens, Birds will be fine. CCH might control our d line a bit if they are big like their Varsity. Should be a good one. Both are fighting for their playoff lives!

Most frosh teams do not fare well against a passing team. I have not seen CCH frosh yet so I have no clue as to their ability to throw.

 

It's hard enough picking varsity games. I'm sure it will be a good one. But I agree with Clyde, hard to pick without knowing more.

Stop down and say hello. I'll be in my "usual" spot.

 

I may just stop down and see ya.........Do you sit with TOG?

Say hello if you dont see me, I will be wearing a pair of khaki shorts, white tee (chili spot of front), white gymers with black socks and a pink towel (for breast cancer awareness wk) hanging outta my back pocket. LOL. and You?????

Dixie had some success last week getting behind the defenders a few times. I'm guessing the Birds will correct that and keep it to the short routes. If that happens, Birds will be fine. CCH might control our d line a bit if they are big like their Varsity. Should be a good one. Both are fighting for their playoff lives!

 

Agree!

 

"Play to Win"

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.