September 29, 201115 yr Lets hear it for the Cards! :dancingpa:laugh::ylsuper::banana::thumb: In the end it is just fitting that the Cards are in and the way they did it in the latter part of the season just makes it that much sweeter!:banana: Some of you reds fans should come on aboard :thumb: and to think I thought it might be very early December before I got to say that it's great to be a Cardinal!
September 29, 201115 yr The Cards got hot at the right time, and the Braves really choked. Congrats to the Cards. You never know what might happen now. They just might go on another 2006 run.
September 29, 201115 yr Author I have to wonder how much the late season charge took out of them, it drained me and I am just a fan.
September 29, 201115 yr Why no Doubleday or Whiny Birds jokes? Seriously, great comebacks by the Cards and Rays.
September 29, 201115 yr Why no Doubleday or Whiny Birds jokes? Seriously, great comebacks by the Cards and Rays. You have to give a ton of credit to the epic collapse or it wouldn't have been possible. All they needed to do was play .500 and they couldn't even do that. They are still whiny birds. I can't believe they got in.
September 29, 201115 yr I wouldn't get to excited about backing into the wildcard like that. I feel a Philly sweep coming.
September 29, 201115 yr I wouldn't get to excited about backing into the wildcard like that. I feel a Philly sweep coming. This is the complete opposite of "backing in" to the playoffs..
September 29, 201115 yr This was extremely fun to watch. Can't believe they made the playoffs, but that's baseball. Just a magical run. Like LaRussa and Holliday said, you got to tip your cap to the Phillies for playing the way they did. Given the adversity this team has faced all year, this was a treat. Anything from here out is just bonus.
September 29, 201115 yr This is the complete opposite of "backing in" to the playoffs.. Ignore him. Ignore me because it's true. Boston's getting all the attention this morning but the Braves are right there with them as the 3rd greatest collapse of all time. No backing in at all. :lol: At the same time the Red Sox were melting down in the American League, the Braves were doing virtually the same in the NL wild-card race. A lineup that had been potent all season suddenly stopped hitting, and they let the St. Louis Cardinals catch them on the next-to-last day of the season. The Braves were 9-18 in September. St. Louis trailed the Braves by 10 1/2 in late August, 8 1/2 on Sept. 6, and by three with five games to play.
September 29, 201115 yr Ignore me because it's true. Boston's getting all the attention this morning but the Braves are right there with them as the 3rd greatest collapse of all time. No backing in at all. :lol: At the same time the Red Sox were melting down in the American League, the Braves were doing virtually the same in the NL wild-card race. A lineup that had been potent all season suddenly stopped hitting, and they let the St. Louis Cardinals catch them on the next-to-last day of the season. The Braves were 9-18 in September. St. Louis trailed the Braves by 10 1/2 in late August, 8 1/2 on Sept. 6, and by three with five games to play. Yeah, the Cardinals didn't do anything during that time... other than have the best record in baseball during that period. Yeah, they just skated in....
September 29, 201115 yr I wouldn't get to excited about backing into the wildcard like that.Sour grapes.
September 29, 201115 yr Yeah, the Cardinals didn't do anything during that time... other than have the best record in baseball during that period. Yeah, they just skated in.... It took their best month by far coupled with a collapse of epic proportions to get them in. Not exactly a dominating performance this year but Congratulations on the post season birth. I think it will look a lot like the Red's series against the Phillies last season but enjoy!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.