Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick complaing about getting hit?

Featured Replies

Just watched Monday Night Countdown and Vick is right. The Giant player hit him with his helmet and should be fined by the league this week.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy in the white hat has one job. Watch the QB and what isgoing on in the pocket. On the replay you can clearly see the referee looking downfield. I don't think he saw the hit. Simply not doing his job. The officiating in the NFL has been putrid for years.

I think Vick was just frustrated after the game. Remember that the was thinking he had a broken hand and could be out for a month at that point. Not excusing his complaining, but people sometimes do and say things they regret in times of frustration.

After actually seeing his comments at the press conference, I really don't think his comments were all that bad. Am I biased, I don't think so, but I'm sure some will argue that. I don't think his comments were that bad, nor that big of a deal.

 

They were not a big deal. They were stupid.

 

He complained about getting hit and then said, "Im not

complaining, I just want to make everyone aware" :lol:

I don't think it holds zero water but it's probably some where in the middle. I think the bigger problem is the inconsistency with the calls. Jason Campbell gets a little shove and they through a flag. Ryan takes a forearm to the head and nothing. For the record IMO 90% of the QB's in the league would have drawn a flag on the hit Vick took yesterday. Not saying the Giants defender did anything wrong but the league has come to that.

 

Why do some of you take up for Vick? Because he almost cried after the game? :lol:. You didng hear Eli making a big deal out of the non-call on a blatantly obvious facemask on 3rd down which ended up in a sack possibly due to the facemask.

 

Vicks just a big baby. I posted a good article in the Giants/Eagles thread on this topic.

They were not a big deal. They were stupid.

 

He complained about getting hit and then said, "Im not

complaining, I just want to make everyone aware" :lol:

 

I'd imagine that happens all the time in press conferences, cause it sure does in everyday conversations.

Why do some of you take up for Vick? Because he almost cried after the game? :lol:. You didng hear Eli making a big deal out of the non-call on a blatantly obvious facemask on 3rd down which ended up in a sack possibly due to the facemask.

 

Vicks just a big baby. I posted a good article in the Giants/Eagles thread on this topic.

 

Whining and complaining about which team you got drafted by and refusing to play for them doesn't make you just as much of a baby? In my mind that makes you 10x more of a baby.

 

Say what you want about Vick, but I bet he might get a few more calls because of his comments, so probably worth it. Like someone else mentioned, see Phil Jackson. It's a tactic that gets used all the time in sports, its just never really news.

Whining and complaining about which team you got drafted by and refusing to play for them doesn't make you just as much of a baby?

 

This is true.

Whining and complaining about which team you got drafted by and refusing to play for them doesn't make you just as much of a baby? In my mind that makes you 10x more of a baby.

 

 

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Well played Mauer, well played.

Vick gets hit more because he runs more. However, I'm guessing the average flag per hit ratio is higher with Brady, Manning, and other non-mobile quarterbacks because if they do get hit, it just has to be a flag.

 

I think Vick's complaint has some merit in terms of flags thrown for other QBs. But not because he gets hit at all

Whining and complaining about which team you got drafted by and refusing to play for them doesn't make you just as much of a baby? In my mind that makes you 10x more of a baby.

 

Say what you want about Vick, but I bet he might get a few more calls because of his comments, so probably worth it. Like someone else mentioned, see Phil Jackson. It's a tactic that gets used all the time in sports, its just never really news.

 

Not sure how that situation relates to this one. If Eli were complaining about getting hit too much, I'd say they are related.

 

And as far as I can remember, Eli didn't come out and whine and complain to the public about not wanting to play for San Diego. San Diego released that information after he told them privately. I could be wrong on that, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

 

 

 

As for Vick, let's put all of this "other QB's get more penalties" crap to rest. This part of this the thread will likely be ignored by the Vick supporters.

 

 

ESPN's NFL Live looked it up, and only six teams in the NFL have benefited from more roughing the passer penalties than the Eagles since the start of the 2010 season. The Eagles have had more of those calls (5) than any other team in the NFC East.

 

LINK

I'd imagine that happens all the time in press conferences, cause it sure does in everyday conversations.

 

And?

From an article I posted in the Giants/Eagles thread. I think it's a valid point.

There are several issues here. With his ability to break tackles and run, Vick almost forces defensive players to follow through if the play is close. A 15-yard penalty isn't as bad as a 30-yard run. And because Vick is capable of escaping from situations that other quarterbacks could not, referees are hesitant to blow a play dead until they have to. The Eagles would complain about quick whistles taking potential big plays away, too.

Why do some of you take up for Vick? Because he almost cried after the game? :lol:. You didng hear Eli making a big deal out of the non-call on a blatantly obvious facemask on 3rd down which ended up in a sack possibly due to the facemask.

 

Vicks just a big baby. I posted a good article in the Giants/Eagles thread on this topic.

How in the world am I taking up for Vick? I main point of my post was the inconsistency in the calls as a whole. And the only thing you take from that is I'm taking up for Vick because he almost cried after the game.

How in the world am I taking up for Vick? I main point of my post was the inconsistency in the calls as a whole. And the only thing you take from that is I'm taking up for Vick because he almost cried after the game.

 

I don't think it holds zero water but it's probably some where in the middle. I think the bigger problem is the inconsistency with the calls. Jason Campbell gets a little shove and they through a flag. Ryan takes a forearm to the head and nothing. For the record IMO 90% of the QB's in the league would have drawn a flag on the hit Vick took yesterday. Not saying the Giants defender did anything wrong but the league has come to that.

 

I didn't say you specifically, I just quoted you. But after a second look it does appear you are making an argument that others get calls that he does not, when going strictly by the numbers, that's likely not the case. Considering the fact that the Eagles have gotten more roughing flags (in their favor) than any other team in the NFC east since Vick was their starter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.