Boyd Co.93 Elliott Co. 83

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Elliott County had any leadership they'd be dangerous. They start 3 freshman and they seem to give 110% all the time. There wasn't any defense in this game at all, but it was very competitive. I think it was a 2-3 point game with about 3:oo minutes left and then Boyd pulled away at the end - mostly because Owens is probably Division I material and he was absolutely unstoppable.

He started the game 0 for 7 from the field and still scored 36. There were two times in the game that he was hitting everything he threw up. He had one dunk that was also DI material - he jumped from outside of the paint and basically ripped the rim off.

I have my fingers crossed that Morehead State will heavily recruit this kid and make him the next Ricky Minard. Oh, by the way, he's listed at 6'3", but I would say more along the lines of 6' or 6'1" at ht most.

I haven't seen Morgan Co. yet this season, but I would say Boyd County is a top 3 team in the 16th region and I would say that Elliott County is a little better than what everyone thought. Barring injuries or a bad game in the districts, these two teams should be in the Regional Tourney.

I haven't seen Morgan Co. yet this season, but I would say Boyd County is a top 3 team in the 16th region and I would say that Elliott County is a little better than what everyone thought. Barring injuries or a bad game in the districts, these two teams should be in the Regional Tourney.

Bath Co. 57 Elliott Co. 56

This should be proof enough that Elliott certainly has no free pass to Johnson Arena. Lets look at a district with Morgan, East, West and Elliott and there is nothing certain or easy.

Nobody ever mentions the fouls that don't get called for Owens. He is constantly being fouled and the refs aren't calling them. I guess when you are better than everyone else, you don't always get the calls. But Antonio never complains to the officials about it and just goes about his way scoring 30.