I Got Fired Because.....

Clyde

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by "invited you to sit down and join them", you meant "when I walked in he eyeballed me all the way from the door to my table, and then stared icy daggers at the back of my head until he left"...then yes, you would be correct.

Well done.. That's when you know you've made an impact on someone's life.

I worked at a hardware store in high school and early college. The store owner (who was never actually at the store) had a daughter my age. The daughter was a cheerleader at a rival high school, and had quite the.....ummm....."reputation". Not only did she have a reputation that preceded her, but she also had quite the spoiled-little-rich-girl attitude to go along with it.

Anyway, after I'd been working at the store for a few years, the owner gave the daughter a summer position at the store, and surprise-surprise, we were stuck on virtually identical work schedules. Well after a month or so of dealing with my new and extraordinarily obnoxious co-worker, I decided to play a little joke. I happened to know a useful little shortcut for programming items into the computer, wherein you could fix it so when you type in a specific word, a desired item would ring up without having to pick up and scan the barcode on that item This was very useful for large items and items things like mulch, topsoil, and bales of straw that weren't regularly stored indoors. So for example: We'd type in "top50" and it would ring up a 50lb bag of topsoil, "playsand" would ring up a bag of sanitized playsand, etc. etc.

Well I fixed it so if you typed in the daughter's name, the computer system would bring up this product. :D

So long story short, dad came across my little shortcut, and for some reason or another, I suddenly was no longer selling hardware :idunno:

Very funny. Summoned my wife over to read the story and she laughed a little and replied, "Men."

If by "invited you to sit down and join them", you meant "when I walked in he eyeballed me all the way from the door to my table, and then stared icy daggers at the back of my head until he left"...then yes, you would be correct.

How many years ago did you work for him?

Well done.. That's when you know you've made an impact on someone's life.

I love this! :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

In high school I was working for a landscaping company up in the Blue Ash/Sharonville area of Cincinnati. It was one of those days when the temperature was well over 100 and I could stand the heat anymore. So, I jumped into the pool of the house we were working (figuring that the homeowners were at work), well the wife had called in sick. Jumping in I had stripped down to my boxers to jump in. When I came up my boxers had misplaced themselves. The sound of the splash caused the wife to come to the patio door, she noticed I wasn't wearing anything at the moment and called my boss to complaint that I was "skinny dipping" on the job. Because I hated the job, when the boss confronting me and I told him I wasn't "skinny dipping", I was "chunky dunking". He didn't find it funny and fired me on the spot.

Right out of High School I worked part time at a Sears, hardware dept.. The catalog dept. desk was in the back of the harware dept. and I got fired when caught "let's just say taking a break" with a girl that was working in the catalog dept., in their stock room

I worked at a hardware store in high school and early college. The store owner (who was never actually at the store) had a daughter my age. The daughter was a cheerleader at a rival high school, and had quite the.....ummm....."reputation". Not only did she have a reputation that preceded her, but she also had quite the spoiled-little-rich-girl attitude to go along with it.

Anyway, after I'd been working at the store for a few years, the owner gave the daughter a summer position at the store, and surprise-surprise, we were stuck on virtually identical work schedules. Well after a month or so of dealing with my new and extraordinarily obnoxious co-worker, I decided to play a little joke. I happened to know a useful little shortcut for programming items into the computer, wherein you could fix it so when you type in a specific word, a desired item would ring up without having to pick up and scan the barcode on that item This was very useful for large items and items things like mulch, topsoil, and bales of straw that weren't regularly stored indoors. So for example: We'd type in "top50" and it would ring up a 50lb bag of topsoil, "playsand" would ring up a bag of sanitized playsand, etc. etc.

Well I fixed it so if you typed in the daughter's name, the computer system would bring up this product. :D

So long story short, dad came across my little shortcut, and for some reason or another, I suddenly was no longer selling hardware :idunno:

Good news, everybody. I got an email from Amazon.com this morning (apparently they track product searches you've made on their site), and it looks like they're having a sale on the EZ Bagger!