Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals/Panthers Odds and Ends

Featured Replies

Cam Newton is not ready to be a #1 guy. Right now Dalton is more prepared.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if it's correct it's the 4th lowest ever at PBS.

 

Good I hope they set a new #1 lowest every week.

Good I hope they set a new #1 lowest every week.

 

So we'll see the Bengals on TV maybe 9 times this year?

So we'll see the Bengals on TV maybe 9 times this year?

 

I say 10 maybe 11 if someone helps them out on one of the games.

Cam Newton is not ready to be a #1 guy. Right now Dalton is more prepared.

 

I'm not a believer in Cam at the NFL level. I'm not convinced he'll ever be ready. I can see him being an updated version of VY.

 

Question: Have any of these dual-threat QB's who were superstars at the collegiate level ever panned out and lived up to their hype and potential anywhere outside of Philadelphia under Andy Reid's umbrella?

 

As for the Bengals, it is going to be a long season, but if you want to focus on the positive, I really like their potential on the offensive side of the football. I think Andy Dalton could end up being the best QB of this draft class. A. J. Green has top tier superstar potential as a WR. Jerome Simpson could be a very good #2. Shipley is the ideal slot receiver. And, Gresham fits the new mold of TE, athletic playmaker.

 

If they could get Andre Smith to live up to his draft status, they'd have the most important positions in the NFL locked up for years to come. I'm not holding my breath on him.

Joe Reedy tweeted a pic of the stadium and I don't think that many actually showed up. I think it will continue for sure. People are tired of Brown.

 

I was there and had a great time. Bengals number 1's looked sharp. Loved the short lines in the restrooms and concessions. Very fun night and great weather to be outside. The stadium music was also much better. WHO DEY!! What I hate is when they start winning the place will get crowded again with all the hypocrites jumping on the bandwagon. Wish they would stay away, but they never do.

I was there and had a great time. Bengals number 1's looked sharp. Loved the short lines in the restrooms and concessions. Very fun night and great weather to be outside. The stadium music was also much better. WHO DEY!! What I hate is when they start winning the place will get crowded again with all the hypocrites jumping on the bandwagon. Wish they would stay away, but they never do.

 

Really? I must have missed all those "winning" seasons at sold out PBS:lol:

Cam Newton is not ready to be a #1 guy. Right now Dalton is more prepared.

 

Dalton is progressing well. I'm sure the full offense isn't installed yet but he looked pretty sharp last night. Wish he would have led Green a bit more on the incomplete pass down the sideline.

  • Author
Joe Reedy tweeted a pic of the stadium and I don't think that many actually showed up. I think it will continue for sure. People are tired of Brown.

 

People are tired of Brown. However all it is, is a convient excuse not to go to the game. Even if they didn't have him as an owner, and they were still bad people still wouldn't show up. In this town if people don't think the team will be good, they dont show up. We saw that for years with the Reds, it took last year and winning to really get their attendance going up. It didn't matter that they had 1 dollar hot dog nights, etc. people still weren't coming unless they were winning. Mike Brown is just a convient excuse for people to use, if they were not winning they still wouldn't be selling out no matter who the owner is. Just like say if they do shock everyone and do well this year, then we will see more people going again even though Mike Brown was still the owner. If they win people will come, if they suck which does happen a lot then they won't come plain and simple. It woudln't matter who the owner was.

People are tired of Brown. However all it is, is a convient excuse not to go to the game. Even if they didn't have him as an owner, and they were still bad people still wouldn't show up. In this town if people don't think the team will be good, they dont show up. We saw that for years with the Reds, it took last year and winning to really get their attendance going up. It didn't matter that they had 1 dollar hot dog nights, etc. people still weren't coming unless they were winning. Mike Brown is just a convient excuse for people to use, if they were not winning they still wouldn't be selling out no matter who the owner is. Just like say if they do shock everyone and do well this year, then we will see more people going again even though Mike Brown was still the owner. If they win people will come, if they suck which does happen a lot then they won't come plain and simple. It woudln't matter who the owner was.

 

Amen FC.

People are tired of Brown. However all it is, is a convient excuse not to go to the game. Even if they didn't have him as an owner, and they were still bad people still wouldn't show up. In this town if people don't think the team will be good, they dont show up. We saw that for years with the Reds, it took last year and winning to really get their attendance going up. It didn't matter that they had 1 dollar hot dog nights, etc. people still weren't coming unless they were winning. Mike Brown is just a convient excuse for people to use, if they were not winning they still wouldn't be selling out no matter who the owner is. Just like say if they do shock everyone and do well this year, then we will see more people going again even though Mike Brown was still the owner. If they win people will come, if they suck which does happen a lot then they won't come plain and simple. It woudln't matter who the owner was.

 

Not even close to accurate.

I'm not a believer in Cam at the NFL level. I'm not convinced he'll ever be ready. I can see him being an updated version of VY.

 

Question: Have any of these dual-threat QB's who were superstars at the collegiate level ever panned out and lived up to their hype and potential anywhere outside of Philadelphia under Andy Reid's umbrella?

 

As for the Bengals, it is going to be a long season, but if you want to focus on the positive, I really like their potential on the offensive side of the football. I think Andy Dalton could end up being the best QB of this draft class. A. J. Green has top tier superstar potential as a WR. Jerome Simpson could be a very good #2. Shipley is the ideal slot receiver. And, Gresham fits the new mold of TE, athletic playmaker.

 

If they could get Andre Smith to live up to his draft status, they'd have the most important positions in the NFL locked up for years to come. I'm not holding my breath on him.

 

Only one I can think of is McNair

Not even close to accurate.

 

Disagree HT. Just take a look at UC Football and Basketball. They are both a great example. Same goes for the Reds and Bengals. How many straight sellouts did the Bengals have at PBS?? This town is very fair weathered when it comes to supporting their teams. If they don't win, the support goes out the window. I respect the true fans who are there regardless of success on the field.

Disagree HT. Just take a look at UC Football and Basketball. They are both a great example. Same goes for the Reds and Bengals. How many straight sellouts did the Bengals have at PBS?? This town is very fair weathered when it comes to supporting their teams. If they don't win, the support goes out the window. I respect the true fans who are there regardless of success on the field.

 

I thought we were talking about the Bengals? The NFL is a different animal. Somehow they managed 80 something sell outs in a row and they have been terrible for 20 years. I'm a true fan but I'm not paying Mike Brown to put a crappy product on the field especially when he isn't even trying. If going to games when the teams suck makes you a true fan than count me out I guess. I will watch games on my crystal clear TV at home drinking a 12 pack vs the cost of 1 beer at the game. Why should they go and watch a crappy product? Fans have every right to be fair weather in terms of their attendance at games. I'm not turning my back on the Bengals 100% but I am done giving away my money to Mr. Brown. Sure I will watch on TV (When it's not blacked out) but that's nowhere near the contributions of a season ticket holder.

I thought we were talking about the Bengals? The NFL is a different animal. Somehow they managed 80 something sell outs in a row and they have been terrible for 20 years. I'm a true fan but I'm not paying Mike Brown to put a crappy product on the field especially when he isn't even trying. If going to games when the teams suck makes you a true fan than count me out I guess. I will watch games on my crystal clear TV at home drinking a 12 pack vs the cost of 1 beer at the game. Why should they go and watch a crappy product? Fans have every right to be fair weather in terms of their attendance at games.

 

Would you go to the games if the Bengals got new ownership who were really trying to win, but were coming up short in on field success? Sounds like your biggest beef is with Mike Brown. I am not a disciple of Mike Brown, I just happen to be a life long Bengal fan. I try to keep the two separate as much as possible.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.