Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals/Panthers Odds and Ends

Featured Replies

The Bengals were up 24 to 7 at half. The Bengals didn't start the starters in the 2nd half. Dalton and the offense looked much better tonight. Even though it was against the Panthers, it is still an improvement. They really moved the ball at will tonight, but still had a bad turnover on a fumble on the exchange again. Dalton also hit Green for a 40 yard touchdown.

 

The Bengals played against the Lions who have the best D-line in football, and the Jets who is just one of the best defenses in football and looked bad against them. Now tonight played one of the worst defenses in football and looked good. So I think it's a case they were not as bad as they looked the first two games, but not as good as they looked tonight. So for all the people who overreacted for how bad they did in the first two games, no one needs to overreact about how good they did today either. It is nice to see them actually do well today though.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

The key is showing improvement, and they did do that tonight. They play an easy early schedule, and if the offense can help out in those games and they get a few wins then it would build some confidence which could help for later when schedule gets tougher. How Dalton turns out at QB will decide the direction this franchise goes in the future. If he pans out then with the young talent, this team might have a shot. If he ends up not working out, then it will get real bad around here.

I just got back from the game. Dalton to Green will sound good for a few years! The running game was great Scott looked real good! The pass protection was good to. I do hope we find a corner on cut down day #22 looked on the chunky side for a corner.

  • Author

I am not going to get all excited about tonight, like all the people who got so down on the team after the first two preseason games. Because when it comes down to it, it is still just the preseason. However I much rather see them do bad at the beginning, and well at the end of the preseason than vice versa. Because that means they are at least improving some.

I am not going to get all excited about tonight, like all the people who got so down on the team after the first two preseason games. Because when it comes down to it, it is still just the preseason. However I much rather see them do bad at the beginning, and well at the end of the preseason than vice versa. Because that means they are at least improving some.

 

 

We are no longer the worst team!

  • Author
We are no longer the worst team!

 

It is only the preseason. Technically the Panthers were and are still the worst team until the season starts. Once the season starts all things are equal.

We are no longer the worst team!

 

I thought you were a cleveland fan? :lol:

  • Author
I thought you were a cleveland fan? :lol:

 

I think he has multiple personalities. haha

We are no longer the worst team!

 

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

  • Author
Found this on the Bengals website on the attendance tonight. I think that will continue right into the regular season. Take a look around Mikey Brown at your beautiful empty stadium and think why that might be.

 

http://twitter.com/#!/Bengals/statuses/106907078198697984

 

I understand what you are saying. However even if we had an owner he did everything the right way, if we still were not a winning team. The stadium would still not be selling out. People not coming has not much to do with him, because if this team did start winning. Guarntee people would be there, even though he would still be the owner. Having a better owner probably would give a better chance at winning, however there are plenty of teams with better owners, who constantly lose too. This town is not like other teams and still show up a lot when a team loses. If teams don't win in this town, they don't show up no matter what type of owner they have.

Some positives tonight after two duds. The offensive looked good. Great blocking up front and I like Presley at FB. Dalton sure is quick with his decisions and if they can run the ball he could be solid as a rook. Nice to see Scott turning the corner after a hammy issue. Atkins is a player, the first play he manhandled the center and then later in the game he tracks down Newton and hits his arm during the pass.

One thing I've noticed this year, even when they looked horrible the first two games, is that the WR's were actually open a lot in Gruden's offense. Daulton was just missing them and I think mostly due to having the Rookie jitters. I thought he was known for his accuracy in college so he will get it back once he settles down. I always thought in Brat's offensive scheme that our WR's rarely had much space between them and defenders.

Found this on the Bengals website on the attendance tonight. I think that will continue right into the regular season. Take a look around Mikey Brown at your beautiful empty stadium and think why that might be.

 

http://twitter.com/#!/Bengals/statuses/106907078198697984

 

Joe Reedy tweeted a pic of the stadium and I don't think that many actually showed up. I think it will continue for sure. People are tired of Brown.

Joe Reedy tweeted a pic of the stadium and I don't think that many actually showed up. I think it will continue for sure. People are tired of Brown.

 

Even if it's correct it's the 4th lowest ever at PBS.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.